No warranty for 3 month old battery?!
410 2 2020-7-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_0k11ZhiA8b0m
lvl.1
Flight distance : 657887 ft
United States

I purchased a new battery on April 18th, 2020 from B&H Photo. (DJI MAVIC 2 PART2 INTELLIGENT FLIGHT BATT)
Less than 3 months later, began having issues with it not 'switching' the drone on/off. Instead, it immediately powers up the drone.
DJI charger seems to work normally, and all other batteries work fine.
After a round of service questions via emails, I sent it in per DJI's request for 'repair/eval'.... so I did - also sending a photo of the battery and proof of purchase.
I clarified that my assumption was the battery was covered by a 6-month warranty.

Within minutes of receiving the battery, DJI responds 'out of warranty' - rejected. ...buy a new $149 battery (and of course I'm out the battery they asked me to send them - still usable).

WIth the information provided #prior# to shipping, there would be no reason to assume a $149 battery would be lost.
I would not have shipped it if I knew they would NOT honor the warranty,

I truly hope this was a misunderstanding but after 4 days - no response on my request, and no apparent way to interact with them without sending in another email / wait for auto-reply, etc.
It seems email support really doesn't work - so I'm forced to open a web-based request in order to get a response.

VERY FRUSTRATING!!!

2020-7-20
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

I am terribly sorry to hear about your situation. We already got in touch with the corresponding team that will review your case again. You will get the updates from us as soon as we receive them. We are sorry again to ask for your patience once more.
2020-7-20
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Your case was successfully forwarded to our local team. Please be patient and wait for their updates.
2020-7-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules