Inspire 2 Mystery - Will not take Photos or Video!?
722 1 2020-7-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
wavelength
lvl.1

United States

Hello All,

I am having some very strange issues with my Inspire 2 and x5s.
After a very gentle crash into a tree. Where the drone was simply captured by the branches. No significant impact or damage was observed.
After an attempt to fly the drone again revealed an issue with the camera. Everything with the drone works fine. It flys with the camera video feed and camera settings working normally. But, when I go to take a photograph the video feed freezes and the shutter button in the app spins for about 6 seconds. Video feed returns and on the HUD display where it shows SD card capactity it quickly shows "SD Card Initializing..." (after closer inspection it seems the camera resets, reverts back to auto mode and applies auto settings. I noticed this after hearing the aputure click open inside the lens.) but no picture has been taken or saved. If I go to switch to video mode or record video the video feed goes black and white this time and also freezes. After 6 seconds it returns to photo mode. It seems like the camera resets after every attempt.
I have tried all obvious ways of resseting repairing.  
1. flashed firmware.
2. formatted SD
3. Installed new SD and formatted.
4. With and without SSD installed.
5. Formatted SSD
6. Cleared cache and all settings in app then unistalled, rebooted mobile device and reinstalled app.
7. Popped the 'hood' / nose cone and looked for loose ribbon cords coming from camera to brain.

All proved hopeless and showed no signs of fixing the issue.I am reaching out here to see if there is something I missed, is this a known issue, or some other way to give the drone a refresh. It seems glitched in some way...
I am thinking that there is something wrong with the SD reader or something. I dont know. I put an SD card in the drone with shots from a past shoot from the I2 and they show in the playback gallery. So the drone recognizes and can read SD cards.
This is a perplexing issue and I cant seem to find anything like it online in these forums and beyond.
Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you!
JB
2020-7-21
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there JB. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Since your DJI Inspire 2 had a crash before and now you are experiencing this issue. There could be an issue internally with the said DJI drone after the crash. Since you are having this issue on the said drone I would recommend for you to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. We have a professional team that will do there best to check the said drone and will give out the best resolution for this issue. Just a reminder that  DJI do not recommend doing a DIY in fixing the said DJI drone to avoid further damaging the said unit. Again I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for your understanding.
2020-7-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules