... happens , twice!
672 9 2020-7-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
The Bitless
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1495538 ft
Sweden

Yesterday I received system messages, "Motor Speed Error" Is this causing the problem?
The super plankton edge of the propeller is damaged!
- What do you think, pilots?

DSC_1623.jpg
_Eo5aorJ.png
2020-7-21
Use props
rwynant V1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

That's not helping anything,  but most likely your original blades have become soft and flatter.....meaning the blade pitch is not what it should be.

This causes the motors to speed up to TRY to maintain flight altitude.....until there are no more RPMs to be had.....then you get the error.

Change to a NEW set of blades all the way around!!!  Should solve your issues

Randy
2020-7-21
Use props
The Bitless
Second Officer
Sweden

rwynant V1 Posted at 7-21 08:27
That's not helping anything,  but most likely your original blades have become soft and flatter.....meaning the blade pitch is not what it should be.

This causes the motors to speed up to TRY to maintain flight altitude.....until there are no more RPMs to be had.....then you get the error.

THX 4 reply and good advice.
One question?
IS there any status for how long life (MTBF) before you should replace the propellers?
My flight distance: 757339 ft ft !

Hmm, I checked my spare-props, only 3-bags, missing one bag?
Never replaced any props before!

My fault, I can not count. All props replaced.
2020-7-21
Use props
rwynant V1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

Well I think DJI may have changed the materials the props are made of.......but if you put any weight at all on the props they can deform, over a short time. Like in the DJI case....be careful.

So when you get the error on the motor speed.....replace the props and that should do it.  There are many threads regarding this exact issue......

Randy
2020-7-21
Use props
The Bitless
Second Officer
Sweden

rwynant V1 Posted at 7-21 09:16
Well I think DJI may have changed the materials the props are made of.......but if you put any weight at all on the props they can deform, over a short time. Like in the DJI case....be careful.

So when you get the error on the motor speed.....replace the props and that should do it.  There are many threads regarding this exact issue......

Hmm, I checked my spare-props, only 3-bags, missing one bag?
Never replaced any props before!
2020-7-21
Use props
Skydiver021
lvl.4
Serbia

You can see what is in the box: https://store.dji.com/guides/mav ... =store-product-page
And I can confirm there are 3 bags with propellers in fly more combo box.
2020-7-21
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there The Bitless. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please check the propellers of your DJI Mavic Mini and see if any of them have damaged or were bent. If so, please change the said propellers to see if the issue will still persist. Just a reminder that if the said propellers got bent because of improper storage, please try to smooth the propellers and test again for us to be able to isolate the issue. Thank you.
2020-7-21
Use props
The Bitless
Second Officer
Sweden

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-21 21:27
Hello there The Bitless. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please check the propellers of your DJI Mavic Mini and see if any of them have damaged or were bent. If so, please change the said propellers to see if the issue will still persist. Just a reminder that if the said propellers got bent because of improper storage, please try to smooth the propellers and test again for us to be able to isolate the issue. Thank you.

THX Supermod for reply.

IF you look at the picture with the propellers you see how notched the edge is,
and today I have replaced them all. Will fly a test later.

I also have some wishes:
dji_mini.jpg
2020-7-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there The Bitless. Thank you for the reply and you are very much welcome. Your wishlist is well noted. Have a safe and a happy flying always.
2020-7-23
Use props
Rubik
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1224921 ft
United Kingdom

rwynant V1 Posted at 7-21 08:27

I have noticed DJI have inserted instructions in their 'protective' Combo case which are there to help position the propellers before lowering the lid.

Failure to do this will result in deformed props and the motor overspeed errors. Also I have noticed these small motors don't keep strong for very long before their bearings start showing signs of weakness.
2020-8-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules