osmo pocket gimbal calibration fail
7670 13 2020-7-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AliDubber
lvl.2
Flight distance : 371 ft
Germany

Hi , my osmo pocket doesn’t calibrate and gives me an error when it reaches to 40% .. i tried to contact support couple of times but not a single satisfying solution! Online chat passes me to email team and email team is just bot reply .. and all they say is we are sorry !
I know i have to ship my device to company or repair department! My friend is going to usa next week and i ask him if he take my osmo with him and give it for repairs .
But I don’t know where to contact or how i direct him to the DJI ! He lives in california .. please someone help me with it .. should i have to five all the pack to my friend(box , charger .. )  ? Or just the osmo itself ?
2020-7-21
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi AliDubber,
Sorry to hear about your issues. We got in touch with the corresponding team and it seems that you have recently received a response from one of our agents. Please check your emails and follow the instructions.
2020-7-21
Use props
sydney6519
New

Malaysia

Hi there!

there's a lot out there who'd been complaining about the calibration that failed at 40%. is there any solution yet? i have mine which also failed on calibration when it reached at 40% . Resetting the osmo pocket doesn't seems like a solution as the failed still occurred after that.

It works great but the the camera seems to drifted to other angle when we move and the camera has tilted away.

Please help , Thanks
2020-11-27
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

sydney6519 Posted at 11-27 17:56
Hi there!

there's a lot out there who'd been complaining about the calibration that failed at 40%. is there any solution yet? i have mine which also failed on calibration when it reached at 40% . Resetting the osmo pocket doesn't seems like a solution as the failed still occurred after that.

Hi sydney6519, please first check if the firmware has been updated to the latest version, and try to recalibrate the gimbal multiple times, if the calibration still fails, it is suggested sending the unit to our service center for further diagnosis.
Please contact the dealer or check out the authorized repair center at https://www.dji.com/service/repair/centers, besides, you can also contact our support at http://www.dji.com/support to start a case.
2020-11-27
Use props
djiuser_fP2ogmOyCygZ
New
Germany

Which one is the latest firmware nr? I can't get it to calibrate and the DJI iPhone app hasn't alerted any new firmwares yet
2021-3-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_fP2ogmOyCygZ Posted at 3-16 08:20
Which one is the latest firmware nr? I can't get it to calibrate and the DJI iPhone app hasn't alerted any new firmwares yet

Hi, firmware v01.10.00.30 is the latest for Osmo Pocket. Please try to restart the Osmo Pocket and calibrate it again. If the calibration still failed, you may need to send the unit back to our service center for further diagnosis.
2021-3-17
Use props
djiuser_mJlxiYrmPDP6
New

Mexico

Please help me, I have the same issue, I’m trying the gimbal auto calibration and when it starts appears a message that says “Calibration Failed” I’ve tried to reset a bunch of times and nothing works... There’s no new firmware update available and I can’t find the solution... please help .
2021-8-22
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_mJlxiYrmPDP6 Posted at 8-22 11:55
Please help me, I have the same issue, I’m trying the gimbal auto calibration and when it starts appears a message that says “Calibration Failed” I’ve tried to reset a bunch of times and nothing works... There’s no new firmware update available and I can’t find the solution... please help .

Hi, there. We are deeply sorry for the inconvience you've encountered. There's one thing to note: when you calibrate the gimbal, please place it vertically on a horizontal surface and do not touch it during calibration. If the calibration still failed, we strongly recommend that you send it back to our repair center for further inspection.

Here is our repair link: https://repair.dji.com/repair/index
2021-8-22
Use props
djiuser_U9OFKbp3LzZU
New

India

Hi dji team, the same problem with my osmo pocket. It reaches 40% and calibration failed. I have it in india and i guess its a repeating issue for most of the customers. Since in india you ain't having any service centre and its been even 1 month, it is not convincing to bare shipping charges and hazard task just even after buying new product. +91 9049828861
2022-1-1
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_U9OFKbp3LzZU Posted at 1-1 22:30
Hi dji team, the same problem with my osmo pocket. It reaches 40% and calibration failed. I have it in india and i guess its a repeating issue for most of the customers. Since in india you ain't having any service centre and its been even 1 month, it is not convincing to bare shipping charges and hazard task just even after buying new product. +91 9049828861

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. Would you please check the following information:
1. Make sure you place Osmo Pocket on the horizontal ground and then perform the calibration.  Do not touch the gimbal during the calibration.
2. Please upgrade to the latest firmware.
3. Reboot it and recalibrate the gimbal several times.
If the issue persists, please contact our support through email for information about the repair center.
Here is the link: https://www.dji.com/support?from=store_footer
2022-1-1
Use props
Drone 166
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1237169 ft
Poland

I have the same problem. The camera has a life of its own. Has new software come out this year?
2022-9-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Drone 166 Posted at 9-6 00:46
I have the same problem. The camera has a life of its own. Has new software come out this year?

Hi there, please make sure to place the gimbal on a horizontal plane for calibration, and do not touch the gimbal during calibration. Please also upgrade the firmware to the latest version and restart the gimbal and calibrate it several times to see if it still fails. If yes, you may need to submit a case through the link below and send it back for further testing. http://www.dji.com/support
2022-9-6
Use props
Drone 166
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1237169 ft
Croatia

Hi. I did everything right. 5% and there is an error. The gimbal bends while filming and you have to turn it on again to keep the image stable.
2023-5-28
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Drone 166 Posted at 5-28 12:10
Hi. I did everything right. 5% and there is an error. The gimbal bends while filming and you have to turn it on again to keep the image stable.

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. Would you please perform the following steps?
1. Make sure you place Osmo Pocket on the horizontal ground and then perform the calibration.  Do not touch the gimbal during the calibration.
2. Please upgrade to the latest firmware.
3. Reboot it and recalibrate the gimbal several times.
If the issue persists, please contact our support or submit an online repair request to send it back for further diagnosis:
Here is the link: https://repair.dji.com/us/repair/index
2023-5-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules