Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Battery randomly getting warm
913 5 2020-7-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_ZutghNDTLB2U
lvl.4
Flight distance : 235768 ft
Germany

Hi,

i just noticed that one of my batteries got a little bit warm while I took it out of the bag. I've charged the battery on Sunday and haven't used it since. It's not like that it's hot but I could definitely feel the difference to another battery which was was inserted in the drone.

Is this normal?!

2020-7-21
Use props
djiuser_PEAF8TdkxeAs
lvl.2
Flight distance : 219081 ft
United States

By the manual, it advises the battery will discharge to 96% of the battery level when it is idle for one day and then automatically discharges to 60% of the battery level when it is idle for five days. It's normal to feel moderate heat during the discharged process. Yours has been two days which seems to early for the 60% auto discharge. Not sure what you have going on unless there is something wrong with the battery.
2020-7-21
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The discharge process starts after those times and can take a few hours from 100-96% and a few days from 96-60%. If you have left the batteries in the bag with no breathing space during the discharge cycle they will get warmer than normal. If you do not fly within 24 hours of the full charge then place the batteries in a cool, dry, open area away from direct sunlight. It is still OK to fly the battery after a small discharge and is perfectly normal for a moderate heat to be omitted in the process.
2020-7-21
Use props
Dirty Bird
Captain
Flight distance : 7564511 ft
  • >>>
United States

SMDH...
2020-7-21
Use props
DJI Stephen
Super Moderator

Hello there. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have shared with us. The DJI Mavic Air 2 has an Auto-Discharging function to prevent the battery for swelling, the battery automatically discharges to 96% of the battery level when it is idle for one day and automatically discharges to 60% of the battery level when it is idle for 5 days. It is normal to feel moderate heat being emitted from the battery during the discharging process. For additional reference I will post a list of the intelligent flight battery safety guidelines. Thank you.

2020-7-21
Use props
InvisibleName 7
First Officer
Flight distance : 795653 ft
United Kingdom

Yes - very normal
2020-7-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules