Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Jello Issue
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
James Patterson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1958638 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hello,

I keep getting bad jello and shaky footage when flying my phantom 4 advanced.

It happens when flying in low wind which is odd and also changing my shutter speed and using ND filters does not help.

I have done an IMU calibration but the gimbal calibration fails after 50%

See the below examples of when this happens:

2020-7-21
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Changing settings and use of ND filters does not cure jello. It has only one cause and that is vibration of the camera. The mot likely culprit are the props, try changing them for new ones, and alternatively balance them.
2020-7-21
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there James. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Before this issue happened was there a hard landing or a crash that happened to your DJI Phantom 4 Advanced? As Geebax posted on post #2 kindly please check the propellers of the said drone for damages as well. Please keep us posted fro further assistance. Thank yuo.
2020-7-22
Use props
James Patterson
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-22 01:31
Hello there James. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Before this issue happened was there a hard landing or a crash that happened to your DJI Phantom 4 Advanced? As Geebax posted on post #2 kindly please check the propellers of the said drone for damages as well. Please keep us posted fro further assistance. Thank yuo.

Thanks for your response , I have never had a crash or hard landing with this drone and the propellers are undamaged.
2020-7-22
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

James Patterson Posted at 7-22 06:56
Thanks for your response , I have never had a crash or hard landing with this drone and the propellers are undamaged.

They may be un-damaged, but that does not mean they are balanced.
2020-7-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

James Patterson Posted at 7-22 06:56

Hi there James Patterson. Thank you for the additional information given. Please try to change the propellers of the said drone for us to be able to isolate the said issue and if the issue still persist. I would recommended for you to contact our DJI Support Team at  https://www.dji.com/support . We have a team that will do there best to check the said drone physically to give out the best resolution for the said issue and for us to be able to assist you further. Thank you.
2020-7-23
Use props
James Patterson
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-23 21:39
Hi there James Patterson. Thank you for the additional information given. Please try to change the propellers of the said drone for us to be able to isolate the said issue and if the issue still persist. I would recommended for you to contact our DJI Support Team at  https://www.dji.com/support . We have a team that will do there best to check the said drone physically to give out the best resolution for the said issue and for us to be able to assist you further. Thank you.

Brand new props put on today and still a big issue
2020-7-24
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

James Patterson Posted at 7-24 03:13

Brand new props put on today and still a big issue

OK, then the camera is still vibrating. Try starting it up on a level surface, and without starting the motors, see if the camera is vibrating by gently touching it.
2020-7-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there James Patterson. Thank you for providing the said video and for the additional information that you are using a brand new propellers and still the issue persist. Since this issue is still persuisting I would recommended for you to contact our DJI Support Team at  https://www.dji.com/support for further assistance and for us to be able to check the said drone physically. Again, I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for your understanding.
2020-7-26
Use props
James Patterson
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-26 21:27
Hi there James Patterson. Thank you for providing the said video and for the additional information that you are using a brand new propellers and still the issue persist. Since this issue is still persuisting I would recommended for you to contact our DJI Support Team at  https://www.dji.com/support for further assistance and for us to be able to check the said drone physically. Again, I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for your understanding.

Thanks Stephen, I have now contacted DJI Support
2020-7-27
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

James Patterson Posted at 7-27 11:08
Thanks Stephen, I have now contacted DJI Support

Hi there James Patterson. You are very much welcome and and it is good to know that you have already contacted our DJI support team. Rest assured that our DJI support team will do there best to assess the said drone and a proper resolution will be provided. Kindly please keep us posted. Thank you and please stay safe always.
2020-7-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules