Camera Pointed Left
688 8 2020-7-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Droner660
lvl.2
Flight distance : 128976 ft
United States

After start up my P4P camera points slighty left.  I have done all calibrations including the Assistant 2 camera calibration.  Is there a way to adjust the camera to point straight ahead?
20200721_173304.jpg
2020-7-21
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Droner660. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we know what happened to the said drone before this issue happened. Has there been a hard landing or a crash before? Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
2020-7-21
Use props
Droner660
lvl.2
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-21 23:52
Hello there Droner660. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we know what happened to the said drone before this issue happened. Has there been a hard landing or a crash before? Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

I am not sure.  I bought it from a private individual and I bought DJI Care Refresh for it.  I was just wanting to know if there was a way to align the gimbal.  Thank you for any help.
2020-7-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Droner660 Posted at 7-22 08:58
I am not sure.  I bought it from a private individual and I bought DJI Care Refresh for it.  I was just wanting to know if there was a way to align the gimbal.  Thank you for any help.

Hi there Droner660. Thank you for the reply and for the given information. If the camera is still not level after performing the Gimbal Automatic Calibration, you can adjust the gimbal roll manually in the DJI Go 4 application. Go to Gimbal Settings menu, tap Adjust Gimbal Roll. Then it will bring you to the camera view to adjust the gimbal. If still after this process the said issue will still persist. I would recommend for you to contact our DJI Support team at https://www.dji.com/support for further assistance and for us to be able to check the said drone physically. Thank you.
2020-7-23
Use props
Droner660
lvl.2
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-23 23:22
Hi there Droner660. Thank you for the reply and for the given information. If the camera is still not level after performing the Gimbal Automatic Calibration, you can adjust the gimbal roll manually in the DJI Go 4 application. Go to Gimbal Settings menu, tap Adjust Gimbal Roll. Then it will bring you to the camera view to adjust the gimbal. If still after this process the said issue will still persist. I would recommend for you to contact our DJI Support team at https://www.dji.com/support for further assistance and for us to be able to check the said drone physically. Thank you.

Thank you for the response DJI Stephen.  The gimbal roll is not the problem, it is off center pointing to the left and will not center.  I may just return the drone to the seller as he said it was in perfect condition.  Can you tell me how to get a refund on the Care Refresh that I purchased?  Thanks for your help.
2020-7-24
Use props
TheWolk
First Officer
Flight distance : 134590 ft
United States

Droner660 Posted at 7-24 02:23
Thank you for the response DJI Stephen.  The gimbal roll is not the problem, it is off center pointing to the left and will not center.  I may just return the drone to the seller as he said it was in perfect condition.  Can you tell me how to get a refund on the Care Refresh that I purchased?  Thanks for your help.

While drone is off, gently turn camera all the way to the right. This simple step helped me to resolve exact same problem with my P4P.
2020-7-24
Use props
Droner660
lvl.2
United States

TheWolk Posted at 7-24 04:51
While drone is off, gently turn camera all the way to the right. This simple step helped me to resolve exact same problem with my P4P.

Thank you.  I will try it.
2020-7-24
Use props
rwynant V1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

Also......do gimbal calibration with the AC laying back on the rear arms.

Props OFF...........lay the ac back on the 2 rear arms....then start the gimbal calibration.....

Let us know.....

Randy
2020-7-24
Use props
Droner660
lvl.2
United States

rwynant V1 Posted at 7-24 20:10
Also......do gimbal calibration with the AC laying back on the rear arms.

Props OFF...........lay the ac back on the 2 rear arms....then start the gimbal calibration.....

Thanks guys.  If it's not centered is very close.  I will fly a couple of batteries and see if it holds.  

I appreciate the advice.
2020-7-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules