My dji MA2 just got stolen from my car
2248 29 2020-7-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
filgermgmail.c
lvl.2
Flight distance : 342684 ft
Canada

I just had my MA2 combo pack in a bag stolen from my car - what should I do next?  Can dji drones be marked as stolen so it can not be operated when reported stolen? Would it help to notify dji about it?  Should I post stolen drone on Facebook marketplace or Craigslist?  Just don't know what to do right now.
Thanks for your help.
2020-7-21
Use props
Sparkflier
lvl.4
Flight distance : 194619 ft

United States

I am so sorry to here about that. Did you get a Dji Care or Drone Insurance plan? If so, they might be able to help. Posting an ad on Craigslist, and FaceBook market and even posters around town would be a great idea. Also, call every pawn shop and ask them if they received a drone.
2020-7-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

We are sincerely sorry to hear the experience. Regretfully, we are unable to block your stolen aircraft.
We recommend that you report to your local authorities of the theft that had happened, and allow the police to run on their investigation of this incident.
Hoping we could do more, we apologize. Thank you for understanding.
2020-7-22
Use props
filgermgmail.c
lvl.2
Canada

This happened in Surrey, BC. Canada
I reported it yesterday to RCMP and they have a file on it
I made a post on Craigslist and  Facebook Marketplace about it too.
I will be checking the the local pawnshops today - that's all I can do for know.
Live and Learn
Thanks
2020-7-22
Use props
filgermgmail.c
lvl.2
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 7-22 00:50
We are sincerely sorry to hear the experience. Regretfully, we are unable to block your stolen aircraft.
We recommend that you report to your local authorities of the theft that had happened, and allow the police to run on their investigation of this incident.
Hoping we could do more, we apologize. Thank you for understanding.

Thanks Mindy
I reported it to our local authorities (RCMP) yesterday afternoon, also posted on Craigslist and facebook Marketplace.    Will be checking local pawnshops later too.
2020-7-22
Use props
filgermgmail.c
lvl.2
Canada

Sparkflier Posted at 7-21 20:58
I am so sorry to here about that. Did you get a Dji Care or Drone Insurance plan? If so, they might be able to help. Posting an ad on Craigslist, and FaceBook market and even posters around town would be a great idea. Also, call every pawn shop and ask them if they received a drone.

I purchased dji CareRefresh but I don't know if it covers stolen drone.
2020-7-22
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

filgermgmail.c Posted at 7-22 06:11

Unfortunately not - total loss is not covered.
2020-7-22
Use props
filgermgmail.c
lvl.2
Canada

filgermgmail.c Posted at 7-22 05:53
Thanks Mindy
I reported it to our local authorities (RCMP) yesterday afternoon, also posted on Craigslist and facebook Marketplace.    Will be checking local pawnshops later too.

If Apple can locate and disable an iPhone, why can't dji do the same thing for their drones?
2020-7-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

filgermgmail.c Posted at 7-22 15:18
If Apple can locate and disable an iPhone, why can't dji do the same thing for their drones?

Ironically they can mark the serial number stolen if they loose it before its sold.   They should have this feature (as someone that also had a drone stolen from their car)
2020-7-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

filgermgmail.c Posted at 7-22 06:11

Unfortunately, DJI Care Refresh does not cover loss or partial loss of the drone, there is nothing more we can do in this situation, sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2020-7-26
Use props
fans902f7ca9
lvl.1
Flight distance : 494875 ft
United States

I have State Farm insurance for my MA2. It covers theft, flyaways and damage by crash. $60/ year. I didn’t like Carerefresh that didn’t cover nearly as much and you have to return your drone...not always possible. Unfortunately, State Farm isn't available everywhere.
2020-8-9
Use props
filgermgmail.c
lvl.2
Canada

Can it be used in Canada?
2020-8-9
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

You need to file a Police report otherwise if mischief is done with your drone, it's on record about what happened here.  Most likely you may never get it back unless whoever stole it gets caught stealing other things and your MA2 is included w/ the stash.

It would have to be part of an investigation if things were to go super wrong w/ your stolen drone.

With the way corona is happening, I doubt they would investigate it like an at large murder but they should definitely be able to file a report for you.

2020-8-16
Use props
filgermgmail.c
lvl.2
Canada

I filed a police report that same day and posted "stolen drone warning" ad on Craigslist and Facebook Marketplace.
At least by now being droneless for almost month, I get to use camera lenses that I just didn't have the time to use (drone photography/videoing was my priority). Now i get to use my long lens and more GoPro stuff.

I sure miss running/cycling with the MA2 - it was my guardian angel drone. [color=var(--ytcp-link-color)]
2020-8-16
Use props
Martyzion
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1976608 ft
United States

Getting ripped off sucks.  Keep an eye on Ebay.    A friend recovered his stolen bike when it got listed.  
2020-8-18
Use props
A man and his drone
lvl.1
Flight distance : 55013 ft
United States

Find my drone feature?
2020-8-22
Use props
filgermgmail.c
lvl.2
Canada

???Drone feature??? about stolen drones?
2020-8-22
Use props
A man and his drone
lvl.1
Flight distance : 55013 ft
United States

filgermgmail.c Posted at 8-22 16:23
???Drone feature??? about stolen drones?

Find my drone. When you lose your drone while flying it. Probably a long shot, but what do you have to lose?
2020-8-24
Use props
filgermgmail.c
lvl.2
Canada

A man and his drone Posted at 8-24 12:21
Find my drone. When you lose your drone while flying it. Probably a long shot, but what do you have to lose?

Done that already.  

And for some reason: dji reset all my flight records to nothing.  Why dji?  I still plan to purchase another Mavic Air 2 shortly since I  haven't recovered this stolen one.
2020-8-24
Use props
George210477
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

Reset all? That means that was registered by someone else....Dji chosed to keep confidrential the data related to drone instead catching teft...but this is a common practicre at all organizations.
2020-8-25
Use props
filgermgmail.c
lvl.2
Canada

George210477 Posted at 8-25 13:37
Reset all? That means that was registered by someone else....Dji chosed to keep confidrential the data related to drone instead catching teft...but this is a common practicre at all organizations.

Interesting!!!  What should I do now?
2020-8-25
Use props
filgermgmail.c
lvl.2
Canada

I don't understand that concept - protect the criminals to save the economy?  Where's the protection for the honest ones?

2020-8-26
Use props
George210477
Second Officer
  • >>>
Romania

Is the confidentiality...Imagine what will be if DJI announce that is recording you... ... Even Huawei is practicing this (takes photos and audio records from phones anonimously) in order to improve projects, but they do not use this for purposes to catch tefts because will broke a lot of regulations...so...that is it..nothing to do...all companies does it... cannot blame DJI or others because this is just what it is...
2020-8-26
Use props
filgermgmail.c
lvl.2
Canada

George210477 Posted at 8-26 12:25
Is the confidentiality...Imagine what will be if DJI announce that is recording you... ... Even Huawei is practicing this (takes photos and audio records from phones anonimously) in order to improve projects, but they do not use this for purposes to catch tefts because will broke a lot of regulations...so...that is it..nothing to do...all companies does it... cannot blame DJI or others because this is just what it is...

"It's just what it is"?  I can't accept that and just go on in life!

c'mon any body else have better ideas for anyone to deal with this?
2020-8-30
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Insurance note... If your car was broken in to, contents are generally covered as a $$ loss and recovereable. Obvious exception being items excluded in the written exclusions section.  When my car was broken into, stolen was items like hiking gear ( including a GPS ), an Osmo Action that belonged to my hiking partner, a cellphone, and a small amount of cash, the insurance covered the items at a depreciated value.  

However, if your car wasn't locked, no insurance would cover the contents.  Was your car locked and have you checked with your insurance agent?

2020-8-31
Use props
filgermgmail.c
lvl.2
Canada

WebParrot Posted at 8-31 03:13
Insurance note... If your car was broken in to, contents are generally covered as a $$ loss and recovereable. Obvious exception being items excluded in the written exclusions section.  When my car was broken into, stolen was items like hiking gear ( including a GPS ), an Osmo Action that belonged to my hiking partner, a cellphone, and a small amount of cash, the insurance covered the items at a depreciated value.  

Yes my car was locked and ICBC (Insurance Corporation of British Columbia) said that theft insurance is only for the car itseft and not its contents - that sucks!
2020-8-31
Use props
Delightful Baby
lvl.1

Russia

I am so sorry to hear that. I hope you will be able to find it soon
2020-9-2
Use props
filgermgmail.c
lvl.2
Canada

How dishonest of dji to allow someone else (drone thieves) to register my drone so they can fly it!!!
2020-9-3
Use props
filgermgmail.c
lvl.2
Canada

According to dji customer support: For drone serial number that has been reported stolen, DJI make sure that no one can use it.

My apologies to dji for airing out my frustration earlier and listening to misinformation from some people in this dji forum.
2020-9-3
Use props
George210477
Second Officer
  • >>>
Romania

filgermgmail.c Posted at 9-3 14:02
According to dji customer support: For drone serial number that has been reported stolen, DJI make sure that no one can use it.

My apologies to dji for airing out my frustration earlier and listening to misinformation from some people in this dji forum.

No one can use it how? To fly a drone you do not need SN and net connection. Also IF the app Dji Fly have a SN database to ground it, will be easily hacked by next Litchi or other Drone software that is Not belonging to Dji.
Also app can be blocked by phone app to use net to update anything, including a grounding.
Best Reg.
2020-9-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules