2nd chance for purchasing Refresh.
480 5 2020-7-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HawaiianEye
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

I bought new Mavic Air2. I registered it with DJI and FAA. I updated firmware on Controller, Aircraft and Batteries.
Then I put it in the closet. I decided to buy the Refresh insurance. But, I got really busy with my photog business.
It was a day too late when I thought that I had not actually purchased the refresh. So, I called DJI, and let them know I hadn't even flown
the drone. They said "No Problem!" ( whew! ) and sent me instructions to Record my remotre controller screen, and go through several
layers of the Go Fly app, with the drone sitting on a table. It's kinda complicated, but, I agree with what they're asking!
THUS! How do I record my android ( S10) screen, while using the GO Fly app?
I am not making a recording of just what the drone see's out of the camera. But the whole Go Fly app  you look at during flight.
After that, I am to post this video on YouTube, and give DJI a link to it. That part is no problem for me.
Thanks for anybodies answer. I'm sure other's will appreciate it also.
2020-7-21
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi HawaiianEye,
Please use another camera to record the mobile device that is operating DJI Fly App. It is recommended that you get assistance from another person for video recording while you execute the verification steps. You can also check out the verification videos that has been uploaded on YouTube to get an idea for the operation.
2020-7-21
Use props
HawaiianEye
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Hey Thor,
Thanks very much for the instructions of using a second video camera.
I viewed quite a few Verification Videos.
The instructions for the Mavic Air 2 on the email I received from DJI, say to film the screen only.
It specifically says to start recording with the words: "open screen recording", then record going on from DJI Fly to connecting aircraft, onward to the end where it says STOP RECORDING
And to make sure the DJI verification staff can see clearly what is on the screen (Layers) such as flight controllers serial number,
gimbal calibration,  testing the gimbal toggle button on the controller, flight status bar to check for error reports, and GPS / Remote controller signal / video transmission level are Normal.

Yet, everyone of the verification videos on YouTube I watched, including the Mavic Air 2, shows the drone owners outside, displaying the battery info, drone without battery ID shot, and anything on the screen is highly reflective, and screen detail is dubious at best. Some are even calibrating their compasses.
These verification videos are either outdated, or not according to the latest official instructions??
At least, way off base for the Mavic Air 2.
Is there something I'm missing? I have been know to do that!
Thanks Thor,  HawaiianEye
2020-7-22
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Hi HawaiianEye,
Please refer to the instructions in the email and execute the screen recording. You can either use a mobile device with a built-in screen recording function or install a screen recording app in order to follow the instructions.
2020-7-22
Use props
HawaiianEye
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Thor, Yes, it turned out good. I sent it in. I hope it's acceptable! Thanks!
2020-7-22
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

HawaiianEye Posted at 7-22 20:58
Thor, Yes, it turned out good. I sent it in. I hope it's acceptable! Thanks!

Always happy to help
2020-7-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules