Smart controller to digital fpv goggles.
3168 11 2020-7-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Peterev
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1785387 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hello,

I know that one can connect the HD goggles to the DJI smart controller to view video from the Air unit but does anybody know if it's possible to connect the smart controller to the 3.5mm connection on the goggles so you can view the video feed from a Mavic 2 via the HDMI output from the smart controller. I can't find an HDMI to 3.5mm video jack cable or adapter anywhere?

Thanks,

Peter.
2020-7-22
Use props
jffry7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27566 ft
Singapore

Should be the same as the ones you see in youtube to play simulator on the goggles but to be honest the video is not that nice. At least the one I have. I have both havent tried. I'll try to test it if no one confirms it first.
MINI-HDMI-to-AV-1080P-HD
2020-7-22
Use props
Peterev
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks but the video signal will be travelling the other way, from HDMI out on the smart controller to the 3.5mm AV jack into the goggles. There are plenty of adapters like you link to but all the ones I've found are RCA input, HDMI output, the solution needs to be the opposite..
2020-7-22
Use props
jffry7
lvl.4
Singapore

I think you misread the link try to look again on the link and the attached photo. Input is HDMI. I also tried it and it worked as normal but again not the clearest output, i guess you get what you pay for. There are others in YT that have more expensive converters maybe it will work better

testing

EDIT: 2nd photo is misleading. Iguess thats what you saw. Anyway, this is what I have and it seems to work as you intended.
2020-7-22
Use props
jffry7
lvl.4
Singapore

Added note:

I have not tested latency but then again dont intend to fly this way at this time maybe in the future when pandemic settles done. I enjoy my micro quads flying small spaces...I use to fly with cinemizer and epson glasses with may mavic 2 pro last time but did not enjoy that much and preferred the crystalsky.
2020-7-22
Use props
Peterev
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sorry, yes I did misread that!

Thanks very much for explaining, I'll have another look around and pay more attention! I wouldn't use it for any type of fast fpv flying with the Mavic 2 Pro but it might be useful for framing a shot or some filming.

I too had a set of Moverios but never really got on with them once the gimmick wore off. I also had a 6.85" CS but much prefer the simplicity and speed of the Smart Controller.

Thanks again..

Peter.
2020-7-23
Use props
Peterev
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Not sure what I'm doing wrong but I can get a video feed but the picture has tremendous interference so is unwatchable.. Did you have to change any settings in either the smart controller or goggles to get a picture? This is the adapter I'm trying:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/prod ... 0?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thanks.
2020-7-29
Use props
jffry7
lvl.4
Singapore

No I did not, but funny story when I got this converter first time it was like it was neither pal or ntsc.  I just thought to try to power it up first with the USB connector then connect the hdmi and it worked. It doesn't make sense, not sure if it was really the fix but ever since thats how I plug things and it seems to work. I havent tried to connect the hdmi first recently to prove it but hey as long as it  works for me. Not sure if it can help you but worth a try. Hope you get it sorted out.

btw, i tried with other devices like a monitor at first and it did not work too at first thats why I tried the power up sequences.

Hope you sort things out.
2020-7-30
Use props
Peterev
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks but no luck whichever sequence I connect and power the adapter up. Some video is getting through but totally corrupted, see here:

2020-8-4
Use props
jffry7
lvl.4
Singapore

That's the same thing I saw at the start, but after fiddling around ntsc/pal, power from external USB power (I was powering it from same PC its connected to HDMI) and that USB sequence it somehow worked. I did so many things that when I was ready to give up but it gave me output.

Your output is definitely getting to analog side but not synced. So close yet so far.
2020-8-5
Use props
Peterev
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks again jffry7, 'we' got it working.. Turned out to be a 3.5mm plug adapter that the HDMI/RCA adapter came with. The plug is really wide so they included a skinny one which I used to start with. So I pared down the rubber on the main plug and it works great now even without power to the HDMI adapter. The latency actually doesn't look that bad, certainly good enough for filming.

Thanks again for perservering..

2020-8-6
Use props
jffry7
lvl.4
Singapore

Glad you sort things out. As for the latency I think even sports mode on mavic will sill be good enough.  
2020-8-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules