Jumpy Video
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
stac57
lvl.2

Canada

Running some test om my P3P and the video isn't that great.
Moving up and down there isn't a problem but once in place and rotate around for a full veiw images is jumpy as if it's trying to catch up to the Quad.

Any ideas how to fix this?
my gopro on my P2 was so smoth.

2015-6-19
Use props
aburkefl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

Change mode from FPV to Follow?
2015-6-19
Use props
nosarafern.aol
New

Costa Rica

mine is the worst..
i have an original Phantom (phantom 1) with a zenmuse gimbal that gives me a flawless video clip (using the Hero3)

my P3P results in an extremely jerky side to side motion akin to shaking your head from left to right while you're trying to see something...

i hope this is firmware issue and not a hardware issue...

i am bummed.
2015-6-19
Use props
smittyvette
lvl.2

United States

I had what I think might be the same condition you guys are talking about.  My gimbal was doing some crazy shifting on side to side motion.  I found that the Vision Positioning System was turned on....I turned that off and all good.  I don't plan on flying indoors so I should not ever need it.  

Best of luck....hope you guys have success in figuring it out.
2015-6-19
Use props
cmmettler
lvl.2

United States

I thought I had the same issue - but it was just play back issues on my old Mac Book.
Better computer plays video fine
2015-6-20
Use props
pixeleyz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1066076 ft
  • >>>
United States

The P3P's 4K video requires a fast computer with a very capable graphics card and a display at least 4K in resolution.  I have all that, been editing 4K video for a while.  But the P3P's camera falls short, especially for one called "Professional".  The slow 60mbps data rate is no where near what is needed for 4K video. DJI dropped the ball on this. My $800 Panasonic Lumix fx1000 has a 100mbps data rate, and the video is excellent (granted, it can't fly without help from an aircraft).  If you want proof that the P3P's camera falls short, try this.  Go up to about 150 feet, fly over a corn field (or most anything else) on a day when there are cloud shadows.  The cloud shadows, for some reason, are a real problem for the P3P's camera.  It does a really odd artifacting thing; the cloud shadows don't move with the rest of the video.  They stand still for 7 frames in a row, and only move on the 8th frame.  It is so odd and jerky, really sad.  Try it, it will amaze you and tick you off too. It ruins the video.  I've tried it a few times with perfectly repeatable results, does it every time.  Somebody please confirm that you see this too! Thanks.
2015-7-14
Use props
dewulf.harry
lvl.1
Flight distance : 86348 ft
France

i had jumpy video on my p3 adv with video settings 1080P50fps, changed it to 1080P 24fps and it runs smooth now
2015-7-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules