Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
mavic mini loses connection
1406 4 2020-7-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
monne
lvl.1
Flight distance : 100308 ft
Belgium

Hello,

I bought my first drone last week. And I'm having problems with keeping the connection, between de aircraft and the remote control.
When I start recording the aircraft loses connection really fast.
I allready did a format on the SD-cart, updated the firmware, no longer saving in cache.
I have a Huawei p9, wich is not a recommended phone... Also tried with samsung galaxy A20e, wich has the same problems.
The cable with USB C connection could be faulty aswell. Or any other problem in the hardware.
Should I return the drone to the shop? Or find a phone recommended to fly it with?
Please help me out. I want to fly it steady and safe!!

Cheers!
2020-7-23
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi monne,
Sorry to hear about your issues. Please follow these instructions when facing problems with the connectivity of aircraft and remote controller:
1. Always position the antenna properly, the antenna of the aircraft locates on the top of the mobile phone holder, please ensure it is pointed directly to the drone.
2. Please turn off other wireless devices during the flight in case the RC's signal is affected.
3. Stay away from electromagnetic interference such as Wi-Fi hotspots, routers, Bluetooth devices, high-voltage wires, high-voltage power transmission stations, mobile phone base stations, and TV broadcast signal towers and so on.
4. Please fly in the open areas, tall buildings, mountains, rocks, and woods may affect the aircraft's compass and GPS signals.
5. Fly higher, the signal would be better.

Also, please ensure that mobile device and cable are working properly and are not damaged.
Please let us know whether it helped.
2020-7-23
Use props
monne
lvl.1
Flight distance : 100308 ft
Belgium

Hi,

last times I flew, I was in an open field,  with no possible interference or other stuff.
Most of the time it loses connection when I start recording. It's like my phone isn't strong enough to handle the data. Or that the USB connection isn't strong enough.

Cheers
2020-7-23
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi monne,

Please try to connect the remote controller to a mobile device that is included in our DJI Fly app compatible list and check the connection. Keep us updated.
2020-7-23
Use props
Floating_Glass
lvl.4
Flight distance : 447841 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hello monne,

I have a Huawei P9 Lite which I use to fly my Mavic Mini, have not had any disconnection or transmission problems; At least up to 500M distance anyway, not flown any further than that so far.
The handset may not be on the compatible list, but it should work.

Good luck and best regards,
Tommy

2020-7-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules