Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Schmooit
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1336581 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HI Guys

I'm toying with the idea of a Mavic Mini just for the size and simplicity but like the spec of the Mavic Air 2 too but not so much the price!

So after some thoughts on both but from the perspective of I already have the Mavic Pro 2 and Zoom's, I have just sold my Mavic Air combo a few months ago too.

I was just thinking of the mini as it is small and could be an easy travel everywhere with me drone that might be less invasive too others, not sure how noisey they are (the old Air was not discreet at all but the Pro 2 is pretty good on noise)

I would take my Mavic 2 Pro on a holiday but might not take it out everyday with me, more for deliberate attempts for footage but thought maybe If I took the mini with me too I could take it out most days and always have the opportunity for some footage.

I understand the spec of the AIr 2 is better and has more features but its a bit bigger and the controller is bigger now, I would happily buy both but dont really want to have one sat around that Im basically not going to use as much, Maybe Id be better getting the Air 2 and a mini and selling the Mavic 2 Pro?

Interested in peops thoughts on this one and also factoring in maybe an MP3 with the ads-b down the line too

Cheers

2020-7-23
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Schmooit. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing these information with us. I hope that you will get the best recommendation from out fellow DJI co pilots with regards to this matter. In addition, I will post a link where in you can compare both the DJI Mavic Mini to the DJI Mavic Air 2 and to other DJI consumer drones as well ( https://www.dji.com/products/com ... ndsite&from=nav ). Thank you for your support and please stay safe always.
2020-7-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

As you're in the UK I wouldn't buy any drone until they start applying the EU classification to them.  Your M2P is more than capable and will perform just as well as the Air 2.
2020-7-24
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Consider the Mini for travel and just taking with you to areas where you may feel uncomfortable taking a larger drone. The MA2 is a great drone for the price and I highly recommend it - especially if you want 4K/60
2020-7-24
Use props
Schmooit
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 7-24 01:33
As you're in the UK I wouldn't buy any drone until they start applying the EU classification to them.  Your M2P is more than capable and will perform just as well as the Air 2.

Yeah that is what I was thinking, I was considering the Mini just cos of its size and maybe using for some indoor things. I have the Tello too which is a great fun little drone and the camera isn't that bad but not something to use outside and isnt in the same leagues as the others.

The M2P is great and same with the M2Z but are very close to the to the MA2 hence thinking about the Mini and it seems to cover off a lot of bases for flying abroad too

I am moving towards looking at the mini just not sure if I would be disappointed seeing as Im used the Mavic 2 and the old Mavic Air (I know the camera isnt as good but the trade off is it size) its just difficult to tell real world, shame you can hire one!
2020-7-25
Use props
TrevorSK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1547713 ft
Canada

I've only flown the Pro and Pro2, but I have a friend with a mini and he really loves it. I've watched a lot of his footage and for the most part it looks great. He has some jerky parts on his videos though, but he can edit those out. The mini impressed me and is better than I would've thought.
2020-7-26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Schmooit Posted at 7-25 01:27
Yeah that is what I was thinking, I was considering the Mini just cos of its size and maybe using for some indoor things. I have the Tello too which is a great fun little drone and the camera isn't that bad but not something to use outside and isnt in the same leagues as the others.

The M2P is great and same with the M2Z but are very close to the to the MA2 hence thinking about the Mini and it seems to cover off a lot of bases for flying abroad too

Ive flown my M2P indoors without issue.
2020-7-27
Use props
Schmooit
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

TrevorSK Posted at 7-26 21:57
I've only flown the Pro and Pro2, but I have a friend with a mini and he really loves it. I've watched a lot of his footage and for the most part it looks great. He has some jerky parts on his videos though, but he can edit those out. The mini impressed me and is better than I would've thought.

Cool, I have seen some online comparison videos but am never quite sure if they have been enhanced with some color grades or not.

I can fly the M2P indoors but would have to stick the guards on it for safety which makes here quite a big bird in more confided spaces, so thought instead of another Air Ill go the mini route.

I've had a look on Ebay to see there were some second hand ones but people want far to much for them seeing as they are second hand too! Might as well just buy a brand new one!
2020-7-27
Use props
Schmooit
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Edit I think the answer must be yes as I bought one! Quite a cool little drone really for a carry around not perfect but then its not meant to be! the only thing I miss and it was the same on the MA is the camera flip down and up function (the recentre gimbal function does this fine, would just be nice if it could have a special function button on the app screen maybe that you could pick a function like that as your favourite (similar to the hot keys on the mavic2 and such! otherwise I think I can live without the follow me function and slightly better signal transmission as it only meant to be a baby so shouldnt really be flying BVLOS and its so small its easy to lose in the sky so follow me could be tricky if you lose track of it!
2020-9-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules