Aircraft not linked to Phone number
6294 26 2020-7-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mashroomhut
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2760791 ft
Poland

I had today this warning with restrictions in distance and altitude (about 50/30 meters).
When I push the butten to register my Phone number it asked my to give the mainland China Phone number. What the heck? I fly in Poland. Is this some kind of glitch? What could caused it? Any clues or experience with this issue?
I double checked it today. Twice the same result.
15955325658368937432914820065708.jpg
2020-7-23
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. Kindly please clear cache the DJI Fly application by going to Main Page > Profile > Settings > Clear Cache. After this step please close the said application and place the drone in a location with strong GPS signal, turn on the drone, remote controller and the DJI Fly application. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
2020-7-23
Use props
Mashroomhut
Second Officer
Poland

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-23 22:51
Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. Kindly please clear cache the DJI Fly application by going to Main Page > Profile > Settings > Clear Cache. After this step please close the said application and place the drone in a location with strong GPS signal, turn on the drone, remote controller and the DJI Fly application. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

Yey! It worked! Thank You, DJI Paladin! It was just a glitch in cache of the app.
Now I can fly my adorable Mini again! Just have to wait when it stops raining...
2020-7-24
Use props
Mashroomhut
Second Officer
Poland

Today the weather was kind and I could let it try. As shown on the video everything works just fine again.
2020-7-25
Use props
Sean Clemens
New

United States

Does Android phone or tablets have to have cell service to use mavic mini. If no cell service does gps still work?
2020-7-26
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mashroomhut Posted at 7-25 14:44
https://youtu.be/5fAX76ijwlE
Today the weather was kind and I could let it try. As shown on the video everything works just fine again.

Great footage
2020-7-26
Use props
Mashroomhut
Second Officer
Poland

Sean Clemens Posted at 7-26 07:30
Does Android phone or tablets have to have cell service to use mavic mini. If no cell service does gps still work?
In order to load maps You have to be online, but You can load the maps at home. It stays in app cache then. You can still fly without cell service. I use my Mini in airplane Mode - no cell service, no Wi-Fi, no bluetooth.
Only at the beginning when you register your MM it is nessesery to be online (Wi-Fi) in order to unlock the aircraft.
GPS has nothing to do with cellphone service.
2020-7-26
Use props
Mashroomhut
Second Officer
Poland

A J Posted at 7-26 07:32
Great footage

Thanks A J! It is great to fly the Mavic Mini!
2020-7-26
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mashroomhut Posted at 7-26 08:28

2020-7-26
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Mashroomhut Posted at 7-24 08:22
Yey! It worked! Thank You, DJI Paladin! It was just a glitch in cache of the app.
Now I can fly my adorable Mini again! Just have to wait when it stops raining...

You are more than welcome. we are happy to know that your previous trouble was resolved. If you have further concern or inquiry, Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum, we are here to help. Thank you and happy flying.
2020-7-26
Use props
djiuser_hxGwIDXJr4Z4
New
Indonesia

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-26 23:31
You are more than welcome. we are happy to know that your previous trouble was resolved. If you have further concern or inquiry, Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum, we are here to help. Thank you and happy flying.

Hi, i am having same issue. I was in china and was getting this warning and my flight restricted to 50mtrs since i did not registered any chinese number but now i am in indonesi a and still getting same alert. First i tried to delete and load application, did not work. And cleared the all catches as you advised above, nothing changed.. Awaiting your advise. Thanks
2020-8-4
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mashroomhut Posted at 7-26 08:28

and glad you fixed the problem
2020-8-4
Use props
Mashroomhut
Second Officer
Poland

djiuser_hxGwIDXJr4Z4 Posted at 8-4 01:39
Hi, i am having same issue. I was in china and was getting this warning and my flight restricted to 50mtrs since i did not registered any chinese number but now i am in indonesi a and still getting same alert. First i tried to delete and load application, did not work. And cleared the all catches as you advised above, nothing changed.. Awaiting your advise. Thanks

Perhaps it is related to the country You first time start the drone?
Is there no need to register your drone with your  mobile phone number? Try to remove your SD card from the drone. It contains logs from your flytes in China. Then clear cache and start your drone.
? Worth trying?
2020-8-4
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_hxGwIDXJr4Z4 Posted at 8-4 01:39

Hi. I am sorry to know that you are having the same issue. With regards to this concern. May I know the model of the mobile device you are using please? After clearing the cache from the DJI Fly application, have you tried to place the drone in a location with strong GPS then turned on the drone, remote controller and the DJI Fly application? Please keep us posted for further assistance, Thank you.
2020-8-5
Use props
fansa1395e05
lvl.1
Flight distance : 967316 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2020-7-23 22:51
Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. Kindly please clear cache the DJI Fly application by going to Main Page > Profile > Settings > Clear Cache. After this step please close the said application and place the drone in a location with strong GPS signal, turn on the drone, remote controller and the DJI Fly application. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

Hi, I have the same issue and I followed your instruction to clear the cache on the DJI Fly application on my iPhone.  I did all the recommended steps and I get the same message "Aircraft is not bound to a phone number".  In the application, the cache reads 0Mb so everything is cleared. I re-installed the DJI FLY app and the same issue.  Any idea for the next step?  Tahnks,
2021-3-11
Use props
julien.mawet.solar-tech
lvl.1

Belgium

Hi, I have the exact same probblem. Unable to bound my dji fpv to a phone. Did connect the google and connection seems to work since I use USB C to USB C cable but whatever I try (clear cache, reinstall from dji instead of google store, waiting for a very strong gps signal...) it won't bind it. Any ideas?
2021-3-14
Use props
Mashroomhut
Second Officer
Poland

fansa1395e05 Posted at 3-11 09:48
Hi, I have the same issue and I followed your instruction to clear the cache on the DJI Fly application on my iPhone.  I did all the recommended steps and I get the same message "Aircraft is not bound to a phone number".  In the application, the cache reads 0Mb so everything is cleared. I re-installed the DJI FLY app and the same issue.  Any idea for the next step?  Tahnks,

Hi, fansa1395e05!
It is hard to tell what is causing the problem. In ma case it helped to clear the cache. Perhaps if You are really trying to fly your drone outside Mainland China there is some corrupted data still on the SD card? Try removing the SD, clear App cache and try to start the drone outside in strong GPS reception. It is just a guess.
2021-3-15
Use props
Serrini
lvl.1
Flight distance : 32953 ft
  • >>>
United States

IM HAVING THE SAME ISSUE. Driving me nuts. GPS is strong, I've cleared the cache, I've reinstalled the app ... NOTHING. I live in LA. What is the deal???
2021-3-16
Use props
snowstorm
lvl.2
Flight distance : 467831 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I have the issue on the DJI FPV, the DJI support gave me a solution and it worked.
Not sure if it would also work for Mavic, but worth a shot, see here https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 171&pid=2441929
2021-3-18
Use props
snowstorm
lvl.2
Flight distance : 467831 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Did anyone try the fix I posted which worked for the DJI FPV?
2021-3-19
Use props
wandastew
lvl.1

Moldova

The best thing you can do is contact the American phone number team directly. I believe in lucky numbers, so I take numerical matches very seriously. Unfortunately, I happen to have the number 1 following me everywhere. It's really alarming. I was born on 01.01, I was always the first on my basketball team. There are times when I even wake up in the middle of the night, and the clock is always 01:11. I don't believe in coincidences, so I went to https://www.zodiacsigns-horoscope.com/angel-numbers/angel-number-111-meaning/ and proofread the meaning of that number. Do you ever have those moments when a certain number seems to appear everywhere?
2021-7-21
Use props
wandastew
lvl.1

Moldova

The best thing you can do is contact the American phone number team directly. I believe in lucky numbers, so I take numerical matches very seriously. Unfortunately, I happen to have the number 1 following me everywhere. It's really alarming. I was born on 01.01, I was always the first on my basketball team. There are times when I even wake up in the middle of the night, and the clock is always 01:11. I don't believe in coincidences, so I went to https://www.zodiacsigns-horoscope.com/angel-numbers/angel-number-444-meaning/ and proofread the meaning of that number. Do you ever have those moments when a certain number seems to appear everywhere?
2021-7-21
Use props
Mashroomhut
Second Officer
Poland

wandastew Posted at 7-21 02:03
The best thing you can do is contact the American phone number team directly. I believe in lucky numbers, so I take numerical matches very seriously. Unfortunately, I happen to have the number 1 following me everywhere. It's really alarming. I was born on 01.01, I was always the first on my basketball team. There are times when I even wake up in the middle of the night, and the clock is always 01:11. I don't believe in coincidences, so I went to https://www.zodiacsigns-horoscope.com/angel-numbers/angel-number-111-meaning/ and proofread the meaning of that number. Do you ever have those moments when a certain number seems to appear everywhere?

I assume it is a joke.
2021-7-21
Use props
djiuser_Pz2Ns507Is3J
New

United States

Unfortunately, cell phones were not designed with privacy in mind.
2022-2-22
Use props
Unshaken
New

United States

djiuser_Pz2Ns507Is3J Posted at 2-22 01:06
Unfortunately, cell phones were not designed with privacy in mind.

They do a poor job of protecting communications. Worse: cell phones expose you to new surveillance risks, especially about your whereabouts. As a rule, a cell phone gives the user far less control than a desktop computer or laptop. It's harder to change the operating system on a cell phone, investigate malware attacks, uninstall unwanted applications, and prevent unauthorized people from monitoring how you use your device. But just in case, use generate temp phone number as I do to bypass hacking .
2022-2-22
Use props
djiuser_ViZXE7ibThRl
New

United Kingdom

I have had to change my phone number and now drone does not connect what do I need to do
2023-10-8
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_ViZXE7ibThRl Posted at 10-8 09:40
I have had to change my phone number and now drone does not connect what do I need to do

Hello there. Thank you for reaching out. May I know what error message are you getting? Much better if you post a screenshot.Thank you.
2023-10-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules