o(^-^)o
cjr888
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3686988 ft
  • >>>
Czechia

Hello everybody!
New Osmo Mobile 3 user here.

Anybody experienced 1080p timelapse/hyperlapse saving issues? Using Samsung Galaxy Note 8 running Android 9 and timelapses (with or without motion) simply doesn't save. Everything seems to run fine till the end but no file is created. Timelapses captured straight after reinstalling the Mimo app (and pairing Osmo to the phone again) are actually saving until restarting the app or the Osmo. After that, it stops working again. Read about it on in a different thread on this forum but it didn't get resolved at all. Tried with my old Galaxy S6 running Android 7 and everything works fine.

Thanks in advance.
2020-7-23
Use props
nicovis
lvl.3
Italy

Here the same . Same device.
Please Rey with 720p.
2020-7-27
Use props
cjr888
lvl.4
  • >>>
Czechia

nicovis Posted at 7-27 23:51
Here the same . Same device.
Please Rey with 720p.

reported the issue to DJI customer care. they asked for a video of the problem and some screenshots of firmware and app versions. I don't think they will ever respond back but at least I've tried.

From what I noticed, the problem is only with Motionlapse. Regular Timelapse (without adding movement points) saves just fine, even shows "Creating timelapse" dialog at the end of recording, which Motionlapse doesn't do at all.
2020-7-28
Use props
fans39f80067
lvl.3

Australia

I have the same problem on my S20 Ultra. Seems to happen with longer motionlapses.
2020-7-28
Use props
cjr888
lvl.4
  • >>>
Czechia

fans39f80067 Posted at 7-28 23:28
I have the same problem on my S20 Ultra. Seems to happen with longer motionlapses.

for Note8/S8 it happens everytime, no matter how long the sequence is. On the other hand, on my old S6 LDU, I've just finished recording 60 minutes long motionlapse without any problem.
2020-7-30
Use props
fans39f80067
lvl.3

Australia

How do we submit this to DJI to get it fixed?
2020-8-5
Use props
cjr888
lvl.4
  • >>>
Czechia

fans39f80067 Posted at 8-5 04:17
How do we submit this to DJI to get it fixed?

I already did. I'm discussing it with support team via online chat for almost two weeks now. I've sent them a video of the issue occuring together with Osmo firmware version and Mimo app version screenshots and got some basic advices from them like rebooting the Osmo, checking the phone for firmware updates or reintalling the Mimo app (these are things people usually try at the first place) and nothing worked so I've been told that they will adress it to their engineers to include some fix in the upcoming app update.

So the only thing we can do now is hope.
2020-8-5
Use props
fans39f80067
lvl.3

Australia

cjr888 Posted at 8-5 20:48
I already did. I'm discussing it with support team via online chat for almost two weeks now. I've sent them a video of the issue occuring together with Osmo firmware version and Mimo app version screenshots and got some basic advices from them like rebooting the Osmo, checking the phone for firmware updates or reintalling the Mimo app (these are things people usually try at the first place) and nothing worked so I've been told that they will adress it to their engineers to include some fix in the upcoming app update.

So the only thing we can do now is hope.

Thanks for reporting the issue, hopefully they fix it soon.
2020-8-6
Use props
Tritronic
New

Germany

Hi!
Same here with the Samsung Galaxy S8 on Android 9.
Sometimes it works, regardless of the videos length, but very often there is no file after recording...
Maybe an energy-saving issue with Samsung?
2020-8-21
Use props
kallafiore
New

Poland

Tritronic Posted at 2020-8-21 02:09
Hi!
Same here with the Samsung Galaxy S8 on Android 9.
Sometimes it works, regardless of the videos length, but very often there is no file after recording...

It's not only Samsung problem. I'm struggling with this with Google Pixel 2XL and only non-movement timelaps working...
2021-1-21
Use props
djiuser_KVhtiK1B6JNo
New

Mexico

Same problem. Hyper lapse or time lapse on galaxy note 8 still not saving anywhere on the phone.
We are now on march 2021 and DJI is doing nothing to solve this.
2021-3-23
Use props
AlanHd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

djiuser_KVhtiK1B6JNo Posted at 3-23 13:45
Same problem. Hyper lapse or time lapse on galaxy note 8 still not saving anywhere on the phone.
We are now on march 2021 and DJI is doing nothing to solve this.

You would think with how big a company DJI are they would be able to produce a debug version to troubleshoot peoples problems, how many times do we have to see the same old copy and paste answers or try uninstall, or another device. I think it’s about time DJI step up and put some effort into problem solving.
2021-3-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules