Auxilary Light on Bottom Not Turning On
13513 38 2020-7-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
iamtannerrr
lvl.1
United States

I just received my Mavic Air 2 two days ago. I went to fly it this afternoon when it was dark outside, and when I turned on the auxiliary light in the app, the drone did not respond at all after multiple attempts.

Anyone know whats going on with this?
2020-7-23
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there iamtannerrr. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please try to uninstall and reinstall the DJI Fly application to see if the issue will still persist and may we know what is the model of your mobile device as well. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
2020-7-23
Use props
iamtannerrr
lvl.1
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 7-24 00:00
The default function of the programmable button on the RC is an auxiliary light toggle.  Pressing the button cycles the auxiliary light between On, Off, & Auto.  In Auto, the auxiliary light will automatically illuminate as the aircraft nears the ground when landing in low light conditions.

Thanks, I am aware of this. When toggled to ON instead of auto, it still doesn't work.
2020-7-24
Use props
iamtannerrr
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-23 21:21
Hello there iamtannerrr. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please try to uninstall and reinstall the DJI Fly application to see if the issue will still persist and may we know what is the model of your mobile device as well. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

Hi Stephen,

Reinstalled the app with no luck to fixing the problem. Currently using an iPhone XR with iOS 13.5.1
Pretty disappointing. Considering returning the product.
2020-7-24
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

When you say you tried to turn on the Aux Light in the app what do you mean by that???  I always turn on the light with the Customizable Button in the upper, left corner of the RC.  Mine is set up through the Menu so that a double tap of the button turns on/off the light.  Single tap controls the gimbal.
2020-7-24
Use props
iamtannerrr
lvl.1
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 7-24 11:13
As a test, try activating the auxiliary light while the bird is sitting in a darkened environment.   Honestly this should not matter as on should be on regardless.  I would try reinstalling the firmware.   If that fails it would appear you've had the misfortune of receiving a unit with a defective LED.

I'll try the firmware installation. thanks.
2020-7-24
Use props
iamtannerrr
lvl.1
United States

Rustic17 Posted at 7-24 11:30
When you say you tried to turn on the Aux Light in the app what do you mean by that???  I always turn on the light with the Customizable Button in the upper, left corner of the RC.  Mine is set up through the Menu so that a double tap of the button turns on/off the light.

You are able to directly turn on/off the light in one of the menus in the app, but as you mentioned, you can also do it with the button. Neither work for me.
2020-7-24
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

iamtannerrr Posted at 7-24 11:33
You are able to directly turn on/off the light in one of the menus in the app, but as you mentioned, you can also do it with the button. Neither work for me.

It's not worded real well.  I think On means the RC button will control the light...Off means it won't.  Auto means it will work with the RC button and also for low light landing. I could be wrong, though. Sorry for your problems.
2020-7-24
Use props
djiuser_mmP0NGAF5kbH
lvl.1
Flight distance : 21575 ft
United States

iamtannerrr Posted at 7-24 11:33
You are able to directly turn on/off the light in one of the menus in the app, but as you mentioned, you can also do it with the button. Neither work for me.

Did you get this problem fixed? Experiencing same.
2020-8-1
Use props
Mr. Motta
lvl.4
Flight distance : 221906 ft
United States

Just keep tapping the FN button on the controller(slowly). It should come on. if not, probably a bad led.
2020-8-1
Use props
johnboy1
New
Flight distance : 19459 ft
United States

yes I was also very disappointed I just read your posts and I'm very happy to say I found the fix as I was experiencing the same issue
2020-10-6
Use props
johnboy1
New
United States

johnboy1 Posted at 10-6 20:07
yes I was also very disappointed I just read your posts and I'm very happy to say I found the fix as I was experiencing the same issue

call me on my cell and I will explain the fix its easy but hard to type the fix 978 870-6230 John
2020-10-6
Use props
johnboy1
New
United States

johnboy1 Posted at 10-6 20:07

don't return your drone
2020-10-6
Use props
johnboy1
New
United States

djiuser_mmP0NGAF5kbH Posted at 8-1 19:45
Did you get this problem fixed? Experiencing same.

I got the fix im so cyked.  don't return drones guys
2020-10-6
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

johnboy1 Posted at 10-6 20:14

OK.....so is there some reason you are not sharing that with everyone?
2020-10-6
Use props
johnboy1
New
United States

Yes easy fix
2020-10-6
Use props
johnboy1
New
United States

GaryDoug Posted at 10-6 20:24
OK.....so is there some reason you are not sharing that with everyone?
No of course I want to share info I’m  not sure how to type answer I will try later this evening or you can call me easier to explain John 978 870-6230 cheers!
2020-10-6
Use props
johnboy1
New
United States

johnboy1 Posted at 10-6 21:23
No of course I want to share info I’m  not sure how to type answer I will try later this evening or you can call me easier to explain John 978 870-6230 cheers!
Ok here goes I’ll try!
On the phone app tap on three dots upper right then go to control tab tap on it scroll down to button customization go to tap option and make sure it’s set to auxiliary led because my factory setting came with  toggle live map view  on the contrary to how factory settings should be one tap of Fn button puts the light Auto/On/Off mode.  And you can also set double tap on Fn button for live view or recenter gimbal then you will be all set!
EF601ED8-F092-4AD7-905E-B3F62FD73BE6.png
2020-10-6
Use props
djiuser_EB1OdIAqe3Nk
New
Flight distance : 26942 ft
Ghana

I am also facing the same problem and I really understand why.Please I need solution
2020-12-10
Use props
djiuser_7kOvwdl41KcH
New
Mauritius

Hi,
After a flight yesterday, the cree auxiliary light is not working. Cannot turn on/off neither using fn function on remote nor on dji app. Can the auxiliary light be changed or is there a recommended fix?
Thanks.
2021-1-2
Use props
fans0e047fce
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1028934 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_7kOvwdl41KcH Posted at 1-2 21:10
Hi,
After a flight yesterday, the cree auxiliary light is not working. Cannot turn on/off neither using fn function on remote nor on dji app. Can the auxiliary light be changed or is there a recommended fix?
Thanks.

Did you ever find a solution?
2021-6-24
Use props
fans0e047fce
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

I ended up having to order a replacement LED from banggood and while I had it taken apart I checked for power coming from the two contacts which make contact with the led chip after the bottom plate is placed on and the negative contact was not showing a complete circuit.  So I tried adding some solder to the connection and when reassembling the negative contact popped off the board...ugh..  so I ended up just soldering a tiny jumper wire to the board and led chip.  Boom works great now.  The leds dji chose to use are very powerful and create a bunch of heat.  So if you use yours frequently,  try to only keep it lit for a minute or less at a time to prevent the heat from compromising the soldered connection
2021-7-15
Use props
fans0e047fce
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Hey my phone number is 937two8four0954.  It's not an easy one but I found a solution.  Mine did the same thing.  Worked one day then didn't the next.  DJI wanted me to send it in for at least 3 weeks and pay at least 300 bucks to fix so I took matters into my own hands.   Text or call and I'll show/explain you what to do
2021-7-15
Use props
djiuser_yv8KHnG9WUhs
lvl.1

Mauritius

Hi, I am experiencing the same with my Air 2S.
Tried switching it on during night flying, while filming, updated drone firmware... can't get the aux light to turn on.
If someone has a fix, please give me a shout.
Much appreciated
2021-12-11
Use props
Maui Tamayo Jr.
lvl.1

Thailand

fans0e047fce Posted at 2021-7-15 09:52
I ended up having to order a replacement LED from banggood and while I had it taken apart I checked for power coming from the two contacts which make contact with the led chip after the bottom plate is placed on and the negative contact was not showing a complete circuit.  So I tried adding some solder to the connection and when reassembling the negative contact popped off the board...ugh..  so I ended up just soldering a tiny jumper wire to the board and led chip.  Boom works great now.  The leds dji chose to use are very powerful and create a bunch of heat.  So if you use yours frequently,  try to only keep it lit for a minute or less at a time to prevent the heat from compromising the soldered connection

hi...im having same problem with my dji air 2s..try everything..re install app..check the app if set to auxillary led..no hope..i read your post..im thinking to open my drone..is that really hard to to fix that led light?
2022-1-13
Use props
JohnLietzke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

You have to select the function key to use a specific feature in the app.  Then use the button on the remote to turn on the light.
2022-1-13
Use props
Ldbmuzik
New

United States

Hello,

I can confirm that I had a hard landing and afterwards my light would not turn on at all. I opened the bottom and pulled up the 2 connectors under the LED light and the light was working once more. Very easy fix.
2022-11-11
Use props
Al Muwahid
New

Trinidad and Tobago

johnboy1 Posted at 2020-10-6 20:14

Please tell me the fix I am experiencing the same problem and its stressful
2023-5-13
Use props
fansaced05e4
lvl.1
United States

Fixed! I removed the bottom cover (1.5mm hex wrench). the LED is actually mounted to the bottom cover. I didn’t mess with the LED but I Lifted the two metal prongs that sit under the LED. Put it back together and it worked! Super easy fix in just a few minutes.
2023-7-9
Use props
Drone Techie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 356027 ft
  • >>>
United States

I received my Air 3 Combo yesterday. The auxiliary light will not turn on in the dark

Is there a manic button I need to turn on?
2023-7-29
Use props
fans16d8b2bd
lvl.2
Flight distance : 266 ft

United States

Drone Techie Posted at 7-29 10:39
I received my Air 3 Combo yesterday. The auxiliary light will not turn on in the dark

Is there a manic button I need to turn on?

I just bought the Air 3.  The auxiliary light was working a day or 2 ago.  Now I cannot get it to come back on.  Is this a software issue due to a recent upgrade?
2023-8-10
Use props
fansdf170ba7
New

United States

I just got a new Air 3 today...the auxiliary LED does not work at all.  I just filled out a service application and it has already been approved.  I'll be sending it back.  It's frustrating to send a brand new product back for service right out of the box!  A little LED light should not be an issue at all.
2023-8-10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

fans16d8b2bd Posted at 8-10 17:09
I just bought the Air 3.  The auxiliary light was working a day or 2 ago.  Now I cannot get it to come back on.  Is this a software issue due to a recent upgrade?

Hi there. Sorry for the late response. The auxiliary light located at the bottom of the aircraft can be turned on or off using the Fn button (customizable button) on DJI RC-N2 or the customizable C1/C2 button on DJI RC 2. Or you can enter the camera view in the DJI Fly app, go to Settings, Safety, and Auxiliary LED. Then select “On”.

Auxiliary LED settings: The auxiliary light can be set in the app to Auto, On, or Off. In Auto, the auxiliary light is automatically enabled when there is insufficient ambient light.

Please note that this option is not applicable with EU countries as they support different rules and regulations. Hope this helps. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-8-25
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

fansdf170ba7 Posted at 8-10 19:31
I just got a new Air 3 today...the auxiliary LED does not work at all.  I just filled out a service application and it has already been approved.  I'll be sending it back.  It's frustrating to send a brand new product back for service right out of the box!  A little LED light should not be an issue at all.

Hello there. We're sorry for this unpleasant experience. Our apologies that you came up with a decision to send the unit in for replacement. Please note that we can turn on and off the Auxiliary LED light of the DJI Air 3 using the FN button on the DJI RC-N2 or the customizable C1/C2 on the DJI RC 2. For more information, you may refer to the response above. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-8-25
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Drone Techie Posted at 7-29 10:39
I received my Air 3 Combo yesterday. The auxiliary light will not turn on in the dark

Is there a manic button I need to turn on?

Hi there, Drone Techie. Please refer to my response above about the DJI Air 3 Auxiliary LED Lights. If you have further inquiries or concerns, please feel free to contact us. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-8-25
Use props
CJdrone
lvl.1
Flight distance : 879682 ft
United States

Just received my Air 3 today and having the same issue... so bummed
2023-9-1
Use props
Runningman
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2540919 ft
United Kingdom

had my air 3 1 week and ive noticed auxillery light isnt working on the rc2 tried everything this thing cost me over 1300 uk pound i expect everything to be working will be sending back for replacement this shoudnt be happening
2023-11-12
Use props
Geo_Drone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

DJI Paladin Posted at 8-25 17:12
Hi there. Sorry for the late response. The auxiliary light located at the bottom of the aircraft can be turned on or off using the Fn button (customizable button) on DJI RC-N2 or the customizable C1/C2 button on DJI RC 2. Or you can enter the camera view in the DJI Fly app, go to Settings, Safety, and Auxiliary LED. Then select “On”.

Auxiliary LED settings: The auxiliary light can be set in the app to Auto, On, or Off. In Auto, the auxiliary light is automatically enabled when there is insufficient ambient light.

Hello Paladin

Can you talk with the Dev Team and fix for Europe too? The rules means that the aircraft will auto turn the lights close to ground BUT they don't say that you cannot turn the light ON ...
So it will help us with a TURN ON manually for cases when you cannot see the drone in night, as is agreed by EU rules this.
In this way, the drone will be fully AUTO when is close to ground and can be turned ON when is far in air....
Tks.
2023-11-13
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Geo_Drone Posted at 11-13 02:39
Hello Paladin

Can you talk with the Dev Team and fix for Europe too? The rules means that the aircraft will auto turn the lights close to ground BUT they don't say that you cannot turn the light ON ...

Thank you for your feedback, Geo. The auxiliary bottom light is set to "Auto" by default, which cannot be set by users. Therefore, there is no "Auxiliary LED" option in the DJI Fly app if you are located in the EU countries. Thank you for your understanding.
2023-11-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules