o(^-^)o
AVsupport
lvl.4
Flight distance : 618734 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Shooting a maximum size panorama,
A7iii Full Frame with Laowa 9mm
Selected 50% overlap results in a 2 row / 4 column grid.
Unfortunately first and last images are identical, all resulting in an incomplete panorama that cannot be stitched.
2020-7-24
Use props
fansf6618f53
lvl.1
Flight distance : 720850 ft
New Zealand

Panorama mode no longer working with Sony A7r3 and A7r4. The panorama mode appears to be broken with  these cameras. I get a regular Shutter connection lost, I've tried replacing the cable. It is impossible to do a 360 degree pan now because of a communication error when the camera is set to PC remote, as it has to be, and it is trying to write to the Ronin. An oversight here perhaps. Dissapointing as I would like to use the ronin for HDRI environment maps.
2020-8-2
Use props
EchtaBoar
New
Flight distance : 7306 ft
Germany

I have the same problem. I use e.g. a 12mm full frame lens. With 30% overlap, parts of the image are missing in the panorama. The panorama calculation of the RONIN software is wrong because the position of the camera is always at a corner of the picture and not in the middle of the picture. If you use 60% overlap, it works horizontally. However, it does not work with multiple rows, parts of the picture are missing here. Am I doing something wrong or is the software faulty?
2020-8-3
Use props
deedee12345
lvl.2

Netherlands

i sent a message about this before in this forum, no reply.
it's clearly a mistake in the app, going from the left of the first frame to the right of the last on each 'row'.
solution can be making the "360" panorama only 300 degrees (as i make 6 shots for 360 degrees) which is very fiddly to adjust in the app) or delete the last picture of each row, which also seems a silly thing to do, and it's not very precise.

this very clear mistake / bug in programming of the app which basically turns it from a very precise app (let technology do the maths) into a very imprecise one (you need to fiddle settings and guess or do your own additional calculations with plenty room for errors).
it should be easy to correct. (i actually bought the ronin just for the 360 possibilities)

d
2020-8-26
Use props
AVsupport
lvl.4
Flight distance : 618734 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Given that proper nodal panorama heads are expensive, I can't believe that DJI is willingly missing out on those customers just because of some programming mistakes which makes this feature un-usable.
It's been like this since release and it is truly time to have this addressed (I also want the downwards angle increased to maximum, there is no problem with lens clearance)
2020-8-26
Use props
deedee12345
lvl.2

Netherlands

i wish too, but seems they can't be bothered? they introduce and advertise a great feature (which made me buy it...) and then not correct a very clear bug that one smart IT intern could fix in an afternoon.

ps: if you consider going manual, i can recommend CAVIX panorama head, PH-720 A or b are super good quality and very affordable.

but come on DJI, care for customers, set a smart person to the little bit of code and correct the bug!

d
2020-8-30
Use props
deedee12345
lvl.2

Netherlands

sadly no answer from DJI, will this be fixed in an update? many people want o use the 360 panorama feature without the fear of coming home with wrong pictures that cannot be stitched!
2020-10-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules