smartcontroller wont turn on
1148 4 2020-7-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mjtnbro
lvl.1
Flight distance : 431762 ft
United States

Flew 2 weeks ago, recharged controller when I got home.  Went to fly today and the controller will not turn, plugged in charger, no lights.
2020-7-24
Use props
djiuser_69Egp9b90a3X
lvl.2

United States

Sorry to hear this. I had same problem and sent the smart controller/charging cable/adapter in for repair. Bill was $724 and I only got back the smart controller. No charging cable or adapter. I have made 9 phone calls, 2 chars, and sent 5 emails with little impact. Each agent asks me to check inside the box, as though that never occurred to me. The first time I called I got a great agent, who immediately promised to send out replacements and was so helpful. A week later I called to check in and there was no record of my first call. They “investigate” a lot on the phone, twice hanging up on me by accident, with no call back. I asked for a supervisor, being told one would call me back. No one ever calls. I am so disappointed in DJI. I spent $2500 on my kit, $300 in accessories, $724... seems like for nothing.

Update - I did just get a really nice lady on my 10th call who said she will expedite the missing cable and adapter... I’m praying this is it....  good luck with your controller!!
2020-7-24
Use props
KDP +
Second Officer
Flight distance : 947930 ft
Belgium

Did you also try to switch on by longer (about 20 seconds) pressing on the power button ?  
2020-7-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there mjtnbro. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with your DJI Smart Controller. Can you please try to connect the said remote controller to a charger with a good cable while holding power button down for at least 15 seconds and the custom button underneath the remote controller to see if the issue will still persist. Kindly please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
2020-7-26
Use props
djiuser_69Egp9b90a3X
lvl.2

United States

Update - I was wrong. The “nice lady” promised an email within 24 hours detailing the replacement charger and adapter. Nothing! Shock. I have been waiting to fly my drone since June 16th, it’s almost August. Customer support does not exist for these products. A $3200 loss in my mind. All I can do is pray my credit card company will refund the “repair” fee as DJI doesn’t seem interested resolving this issue. I really loved their product up to this point
2020-7-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules