13273 16 2020-7-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dmytro Petrov
lvl.2
Flight distance : 126942 ft
Ukraine

Hello friends,

Currently I`m using my MAVIC MINI with iphone 6s  16gb. (4,7 inch screen).

I`m looking affordable new phone with bigger screen and more memory to record my flying videos also to the phone memory.

New Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 looks like nice option for around 150 usd. Big 6,56 inch screen.

Here you can see characteristics
https://www.gsmarena.com/xiaomi_redmi_note_9-10192.php

I know that redmi note 5 is on the list - https://www.dji.com/dji-fly

In this useful thread i discovered that some extra models might work
https://forum.dji.com/thread-205429-1-1.html
---
Xiaomi redmi note 7 (not on the list) works fine. I didn't update the OS and the UI (someone reported that after the update the app didn't work anymore) but it's not a problem as I use the phone just to fly the drone.

XIAOMI MI A2
XIAOMI MY PAD 4 TABLET
Both devices work perfectly with our mini.

Xiaomi MI 9T Pro, here ,Works perfect!
---

But anyone already tested Xiaomi Redmi Note 9?
Just don`t want to spend money on phone that may not work :-)

Thanks for sharing.
Dmytro.

2020-7-24
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

SnapDragon does work, i have my doubt on MediaTek Helio (MI 9T pro)

Redmi Note9S would be my choice

cheers
JJB
2020-7-24
Use props
Ph3onix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2341886 ft
France

hello, first thing you need to know is that the note 9 is pretty big, I personally have a note 8t and it all just goes into the remote control (without any protective shell) and something else you should also know and that the xiaomi note 9 has small screen problems when you have to use it in direct sunlight "you can't see very well" to choose takes the xiaomi note 9s as said 'JJB' (which has a better screen) or then a xiaomi note 8 pro if you want to stay in the xiaomi range
2020-7-24
Use props
Dmytro Petrov
lvl.2
Ukraine

Hello friends,

Thank you for so quick answers and tips! You have good points.
I`m glad to find out about "small screen problem of note 9" from your post, not after the purchase. Thanks.
2020-7-24
Use props
Ph3onix
Second Officer
France

here is what it looks like with a redmi note 8T if that can help you
2020-7-24
Use props
Ph3onix
Second Officer
France

view from behind, and do not forget that the redmi note 9 and larger
2020-7-24
Use props
Dmytro Petrov
lvl.2
Ukraine

Thanks for sharing. I like big size of your redmi note 8T

Might some simple accessories like this can help to fix problem of holding phones with bigger screens

Of course, i would prefere to have something similar from official DJI, not from 3rd party supplyers.

2020-7-24
Use props
Ph3onix
Second Officer
France

Dmytro Petrov Posted at 7-24 08:03
Thanks for sharing. I like big size of your redmi note 8T

Might some simple accessories like this can help to fix problem of holding phones with bitter screens

Thank you, it looks very good, it may not be Dji but as long as it works!
2020-7-24
Use props
Dmytro Petrov
lvl.2
Ukraine

Even bigger screens are possible to hold. But this might cause problems to set position of antenas in the correct way. So, may affect distance if antenas would be positioned wrong way :-)

2020-7-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Dmytro. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have given. I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our fellow DJI co pilots who uses the Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 when flying there DJI Mavic Mini. Just a reminder to please use a recommended mobile device for the DJI Fly application fro compatibility and reliability purposes. Since the Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 is not yet listed on the recommended mobile device list for the DJI Fly application. There is a possibility that the Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 will be able to work on the DJI Mavic Mini and with the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said drone and with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while using it on the DJI Mavic Mini. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2020-7-26
Use props
Dmytro Petrov
lvl.2
Ukraine

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-26 19:43
Hello there Dmytro. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have given. I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our fellow DJI co pilots who uses the Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 when flying there DJI Mavic Mini. Just a reminder to please use a recommended mobile device for the DJI Fly application fro compatibility and reliability purposes. Since the Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 is not yet listed on the recommended mobile device list for the DJI Fly application. There is a possibility that the Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 will be able to work on the DJI Mavic Mini and with the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said drone and with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while using it on the DJI Mavic Mini. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Thank you Stephen for reminder.
2020-7-31
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Dmytro Petrov Posted at 7-31 00:40
Thank you Stephen for reminder.

Hi there Dmytro Petrov. You are very much welcome and thank you for the reply. If you have any other inquiries or concerns with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and support you.
2020-7-31
Use props
Dronisti Etnei
lvl.1
Flight distance : 19843 ft
Italy

HI, something new about xiaomi redmi note 9 pro compatibility with the dji fly app?
2021-2-15
Use props
edwin1963
lvl.1

Argentina

Good morning, I would like to know if the Xiaomi redmi 9 with 4 gb ram, MediaTek Helio G85 microprocessor works with DJI FLY? I would appreciate the answer
2021-6-29
Use props
LoveYou
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16525367 ft
Greece

I have Redmi Note 9 work perfect with DJI Fly i use with DJI Air 2S.
2021-6-29
Use props
Luis Aguilar Orellana
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2230955 ft
El Salvador

LoveYou Posted at 6-29 06:05
I have Redmi Note 9 work perfect with DJI Fly i use with DJI Air 2S.

What version of Dji Fly app are you using? And where did you get it?, I have the Redmi note 9 pro but the Dji Fly App does not appear in the play store anymore!
2021-6-30
Use props
LoveYou
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16525367 ft
Greece

Luis Aguilar Orellana Posted at 6-30 21:18
What version of Dji Fly app are you using? And where did you get it?, I have the Redmi note 9 pro but the Dji Fly App does not appear in the play store anymore!

Now i use V1.4.8 direct download from DJI https://www.dji.com/gr/downloads/products/air-2s
2021-7-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules