Air2: Everyone happy with "no single pictures" after a Sphere?
1304 13 2020-7-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Ok, good, we can switch to "save Sphere and jpg/raw", but:
Whenever the Air 2 is not finishing the stitching, ALL taken pictures are GONE.
Today I "lost" minimum 2 sets of them.
(Can be 3 or 4, have to check with the video files, where I have 2 with an unneeded cut (no changes) between)

And that without any fancy "landing" or "RTH"  starting

I just carried on, after it stopped taking pictures.
(I mostly count even  the 26 shots and watch the bird gettin back to the firsts shot position, with direction and cam)
So I  directed the bird to the next location, and started to fly the Air 2.

On one location assumingly the pointing of the cam to the bottom with the FN button stopped the stitching.
(I think I will check that out, 2morrow)
I just saw the %-clock was gone, so changing the mode back to video and carrying on with the flight was the normal thing to do.

I really don't wanna HAVE to check after every Sphere/Pano, if or if not the "auto created Sphere/Pano" is on the SD card and the single shots are saved.
I would rather  like to "loose" the auto stitching , as soon that makes sure, I GET THE single shots ALL THE TIME!
Or a "either/or", a setting via the Fly-App, that lets ME (the pilots) decide, what I am (they are) focusing on!
My focus is: I want the 26 pictures, or just the 10, 20, in case something is interrupting the shooting, BUT THAT ALL THE TIME

Don't get me wrong, I like the auto stitched Sphere.
Just the 26 pictures have so much more to offer, as just a ~10x5k Sphere!

Thanks for reading and participating, doing the cross in the right fields!
Multiple choiceVote: ( Up to 2 entry optional ), Total 3 people participate in voting

Voting has ended

50.00% (2)
50.00% (2)
0.00% (0)
0.00% (0)
Your user group with no voting privileges
2020-7-24
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

Go to my post  https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=219082   I don't know if this is what you want.  You have to be airborne and go to Pano Sphere mode and then Menu.  Make sure Photo Type is not in Off.  Once you select Jpeg or Raw you will get your 26 pictures...every time.
2020-7-24
Use props
Bacco
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4144446 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Hi Seven,

as Rustic17 said you must check the options when in PANO mode to set JPEG or DNG and get all the pictures in the pano folder.
BUT, I have checked and in my post https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=220614 found out that your problem is like mine.
The air2 somehow lost some pano360 definitely!!!
It's probably a bug and you wont find even the singles pictures when this BUG happens!!! I'm sure of this!!!
Lets wait for DJI Paladin to check this bug and hope soon fix this!
Thanks!
2020-7-24
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

No thanks, THAT is, what I have selected!
And works very well, as long the bird is finishing the creating of this Sphere!

I thought I pointed that out in the first sentence:
:"Ok, good, we can switch to "save Sphere and jpg/raw", but:"

Probably my bad!

But I am talking about NO PICTURES AT ALL, in case the Sphere/Pano auto creating gets, somehow, interrupted!
An RTH, an "critical battery landing, assumingly a lot other options (don't know for sure, yet, what I did), to disturb that process.
I "found" for today that 4 of my Spheres I took didn't leave any picture at all.
As soon the auto generated one is not saved, THERE ARE NO single pictures saved, too.

This is totally killing the feature!
And it's a shame, I think!

I like the auto generated Spheres.
But I want the 26 Sphere pictures more.
So my choice, if there would be an option:
Don't autogenerate anything!
(Do it like in Go 4, AFTERWARDS by selecting in the SD card gallery!)
BUT SAFE all the pictures!
2020-7-24
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

Bacco Posted at 7-24 07:59
Hi Seven,

as Rustic17 said you must check the options when in PANO mode to set JPEG or DNG and get all the pictures in the pano folder.

Maybe it is a bug, maybe DJI really expect people to hang around to see the "clock" getting from 50-100%.
But since the bird is not switching from photo to videomode, during the stitching process, there are some related things, that certainly got "switched off" by DJI.
So it is either that some  functions aren't blocked, or some functions are really interfering with this process.
And perhaps I did not do anything wrong, and it is just a bug.
But then I hope to hear something from DJI about it!
2020-7-24
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
United States

S-e-ven Posted at 7-24 08:17
No thanks, THAT is, what I have selected!
And works very well, as long the bird is finishing the drating of this Sphere!

When you take a Pano, do you get a progress ring superimposed over the app shutter button that shows red and 50% by the time the last photo is taken and then progresses to 100% and then turns back green?  Are you doing anything during that last 50% other than letting it hover and complete the process?
2020-7-24
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

Yes, I do get this ring!
And "sometimes" I could already start flying the bird around, even during the 50-100% process.
Just some other "sometimes", it seems to get interrupted on the way to 100!
And then ALL is lost.

I experienced it the first time yesterday.
Actually not 100% sure, but yesterday I was looking for the pictures, b/c I had an 24 picture sphere, while "critical battery landing" kicked in.
25/25m away, 10% left.
Which is a usual thing, but normally the single pictures are still on an SD card, then.

And today, I have done nothing specific, just changed camera to down (FB-Button) and turned the bird.
Which i could see on the video, as soon as the "clock" was gone, I switched to video and started capturing again

And Ice2k had this while an RTH kicked in!
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... p;page=1#pid2223844

Ok, if something like RTH, c. battery landing happened, sure the bird stopps taking pictures.
But that it does not safe the already taken pics?

And the SD card should not matter, today it was a different one, both quick enough for 4k!
2020-7-24
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
United States

S-e-ven Posted at 7-24 08:45
Yes, I do get this ring!
And "sometimes" I could already start flying the bird around, even during the 50-100% process.
Just some other "sometimes", it seems to get interrupted on the way to 100!

Sorry this is happening to you guys. Because of spectacular sunsets and rainstorms occurring the past two weeks, I’ve taken over 100 panos  and never had an issue saving the individual photos.  That said, I’ve never had an RTH trigger either.  Unlike you, I’m unable to command any maneuvers during the last 50% of the process. Maybe that’s the issue...my MA2 won’t let me maneuver during the saving process and yours does thereby stopping the process.  I’m flying using an iPhone 6s.
2020-7-24
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

If it WOULD stop the process all the time, I would not do anything!
But it is not stopping all the time!
It just keeps from doing anything with the camera modes.
Manoevering is/was fine!
I can understand that with "no photo/no video then, somehow.
Even if capturing should not really have something to do with stitching.
Unless there is very limited Ram involved!
Seems we pay for the speedy 26 pictures with the risk to loose all of them!

But still, I would like to hear from DJI about it!
2020-7-24
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
United States

S-e-ven Posted at 7-24 09:15
If it WOULD stop the process all the time, I would not do anything!
But it is not stopping all the time!
It just keeps from doing anything with the camera modes.

Agreed about the DJI input...or lack thereof.  Strange, though, that you can maneuver during the last 50% and I can't.  And how the app functions differently on Androids and iPhones...and from one version to another.
2020-7-24
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

Oh, uh, ehhh, ...

It seems I got something totally wrong:
Every touch of the sticks seems to kill the process.
On every part of it, during taking pictures, stitching.
Which is strange 'cause I am somehow certain that I have done that before.

So it looks like that after starting a sphere, there is a general "dont touch" rule active.
Which I still wonder about:
On RTH the left stick is "switched off", so why not switching off, what can interfere with the taking process?
And during the stitching process I can really dont see a need for throwing all of the process away.

So still the poll is "on", I just dont wanna loose the pictures, even in case I have to move the bird.
(Switching to sport works for other DJIs, right?)
2020-7-24
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
United States

S-e-ven Posted at 7-24 20:48
Oh, uh, ehhh, ...

It seems I got something totally wrong:

Where did you get this information???   Trial and error???  Or written somewhere???
2020-7-24
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

I tested a bit, today!
2020-7-24
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for sharing your personal insights regarding this feature.  With regards to this concern. I will forward this thread and concern to our designated DJI support team for further attention. Thank you.
2020-7-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules