DJI PHANTOM 4 BATTERY DOES NOT TURN ON/CHARGE - NO REACTION NO LI...
5976 17 2020-7-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ErkanZeqiri
lvl.1
Flight distance : 36552 ft
North Macedonia

Dears,
I have a problem with a new Phantom 4 drone battery which does not turn on or charge.
It is new and I got it as a gift on September 2019 and did not have the time to use it. I have charged the battery and the controller but never had the time to fly it because of working hours.
I charged it last time on March this year and went for a travel in Germany, and when came back this month I took the time and wanted to fly the aircraft but the battery does not want to turn on or charge. It does not react to anything. Left it in the charger overnight still nothing.
The battery is in perfect shape it is new never used in the drone. I tried contacting the DJI support and gave them the video and photos and still did not get the reply.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
2020-7-24
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

We're truly sorry for the inconvenience. I was able to pull up your email using your DJI Forum account. We'll be coordinating with the specified team for its feedback.
2020-7-24
Use props
ErkanZeqiri
lvl.1
North Macedonia

DJI Diana Posted at 7-24 12:29
We're truly sorry for the inconvenience. I was able to pull up your email using your DJI Forum account. We'll be coordinating with the specified team for its feedback.

Thank you for your reply dear.
Do I need to get instructions on how to send the battery for the repair?
Is there any way I can wake up the battery?
How could it be faulty without usage? It is not swollen or anything...
2020-7-24
Use props
Cloudcruiser
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I await the response to this problem, as I have the same issue with a Mavic Air battery that has only 10 minutes of flight time, but has not been used for over 12 months.

Completely dead after prolonged attempt at charging.
2020-7-25
Use props
ErkanZeqiri
lvl.1
North Macedonia

Cloudcruiser Posted at 7-25 01:43
I await the response to this problem, as I have the same issue with a Mavic Air battery that has only 10 minutes of flight time, but has not been used for over 12 months.

Completely dead after prolonged attempt at charging.

I did not fly my Phantom 4 at all, all the propellers are sealed, all the stickers of the drone are still in tact. New drone but because of the battery I am not able to fly it.

I don't understand why do these batteries go dead if they are stored? I stored my battery as the manual said and when came back after ~4 months it is dead.

My battery is still in the charger for more than 3 days and no sign of life. The lights do not come up no matter if I push the button. No reaction at all.

I wonder if DJI will repair the battery for free as they claim in their "Repair Component Price Inquiry" page.
2020-7-25
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

ErkanZeqiri Posted at 7-25 01:49
I did not fly my Phantom 4 at all, all the propellers are sealed, all the stickers of the drone are still in tact. New drone but because of the battery I am not able to fly it.

I don't understand why do these batteries go dead if they are stored? I stored my battery as the manual said and when came back after ~4 months it is dead.

I see the case has been created, we will inform the team to check whether your case is qualified for the shipping label, please wait untill Monday.
It is recommended to fully charge and discharge the battery at least every 3 months to maintain the health. Please read carefully of how to maintain the battery here: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... delines_V1.0_EN.pdf
2020-7-25
Use props
ErkanZeqiri
lvl.1
North Macedonia

DJI Diana Posted at 7-25 03:18
I see the case has been created, we will inform the team to check whether your case is qualified for the shipping label, please wait untill Monday.
It is recommended to fully charge and discharge the battery at least every 3 months to maintain the health. Please read carefully of how to maintain the battery here: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Phantom_4_Advanced/20170413/Intelligent_Flight_Battery_Safety_Guidelines/Phantom+4+Series+Intelligent+Flight+Battery+Safety+Guidelines_V1.0_EN.pdf

Yes dear, I have read the manual of the battery that came in the box with the Phantom 4.
I always kept the battery at 50% and stored just like it said in the manual "Discharge the battery to 40%-60% if it will not be used for 10 days or more, as it can greatly extend the battery life."
2020-7-25
Use props
ErkanZeqiri
lvl.1
North Macedonia

Dears, so today I received an email which was half English and half German saying this:

-
Dear Erkan,

thank you for reaching out to DJI Support.

I am very sorry to hear about the problem you are having with your Phantom 4 battery. After checking all given information, I regret to say, that I cannot the invoice of your Phantom 4. I need it to check if the battery is still within the warranty time frame and can be replaced for free.
Wenn Sie noch irgendeine andere Frage haben sollten, zögern Sie nicht es mich wissen zu lassen.

Viele Grüße / Best Regards

Peter König
Technical Support DJI GmbH
-

I basically do not understand why the support cannot replace or repair the battery? I have provided them with two videos and pictures including the unboxing of the new drone, charger, controller and battery. I have also provided them with all serial numbers and documents that came with it. I am becoming upset with the situation.

I do not think I will buy another overpriced DJI product in the future. The support team is irresponsible and not helpful at all.
2020-7-27
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

ErkanZeqiri Posted at 7-27 00:05
Dears, so today I received an email which was half English and half German saying this:

-

We are sorry for the issue. May I know if you have the invoice for the battery/drone? We may need to check the invoice to confirm the warranty status. If the battery is within the warranty period, we will cover the battery within the warranty period.
Besides, to maintain the battery, fully discharge and charge the battery at least once every 3 months is also important.
In your case, if it is convenient, please kindly send the invoice or the proof of purchase of the battery/drone so we can check and help. Thank you.
2020-7-27
Use props
ErkanZeqiri
lvl.1
North Macedonia

DJI Diana Posted at 7-27 00:49
We are sorry for the issue. May I know if you have the invoice for the battery/drone? We may need to check the invoice to confirm the warranty status. If the battery is within the warranty period, we will cover the battery within the warranty period.
Besides, to maintain the battery, fully discharge and charge the battery at least once every 3 months is also important.
In your case, if it is convenient, please kindly send the invoice or the proof of purchase of the battery/drone so we can check and help. Thank you.

Dear,

As stated before 'I got the drone as a gift for my birthday on September 2019' therefore I do not have the invoice. Please check the serial numbers and videos I have provided you and you can see if it is under warranty.

As I said before I have charged my battery to maintain it since then but did not have time to fly the aircraft. My last time charging the battery was end of February and left for travel to Germany and got stuck there because of pandemic situation. On July (this month) I got back and was not able to charge it anymore.

Please check the videos and photos I have provided to you on my email.

Thanks
2020-7-27
Use props
ErkanZeqiri
lvl.1
North Macedonia

Update:
There is still nothing taking care of. My status is pending I am still waiting for the email to send the battery for repair or what?
It is ridiculous for a freaking battery repair to take so long. I mean I am not asking for a refund or replacement for the whole unit. It is just the battery which is faulty for no freaking reason.
4 months store of the battery makes the battery dead. Now my new Phantom 4 is just an expensive brick sitting in the box.
Now the technician asks me to take the invoice from my uncle which bought me the Phantom 4 as a birthday gift. This is shameful, how can I ask my uncle to give me the invoice when you have the information with serial numbers and everything from the dealer.
It is just a battery people. And it is clearly stated in the Repair Component Price Inquiry that the repair for the Phantom 4 battery is free (because it is known they were faulty).
I am not satisfied at all.
2020-7-29
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

ErkanZeqiri Posted at 7-29 01:45
Update:
There is still nothing taking care of. My status is pending I am still waiting for the email to send the battery for repair or what?
It is ridiculous for a freaking battery repair to take so long. I mean I am not asking for a refund or replacement for the whole unit. It is just the battery which is faulty for no freaking reason.

We are sincerely sorry for the situation, we understand your frustration on this matter, but as we had explained in the email, according to the serial number, the battery was delivered to the dealer in 2016, if a proof of purchase can be provided, we will check on the proof of purchase and provide warranty accordingly. We understand that it may not be convenient to ask for an invoice since it is a gift, however, without the material that we can refer to, we may not be able to provide warranty in this case. We apologize again for the trouble. Hope for your kind understanding. 3.png
2020-7-29
Use props
ErkanZeqiri
lvl.1
North Macedonia

Dear please send me email with dealer information where it was bought I will ask the dealer for invoice and proof.
Thanks
2020-7-29
Use props
ErkanZeqiri
lvl.1
North Macedonia

Update:

I got the invoice from my uncle and send them through e-mail and your technicians now forgot about the replacement.
They now say this:

"Sadly I must suggest to send your unit in to our service center for further investigation / repair.

Our technicians will check your device very closely and determine the exact work that needs to be done.
Should this evaluation show, that you would need to pay for the repair yourself, then you would receive a quotation beforehand automatically via Email.

To make the process easier and more convenient, we created an Online Repair Request system for you. After filling out the online form you will receive a case number and can print out the needed repair form right away. This system is built up very easy and the whole process should take you no longer than 5-10 minutes.

To get started with your online repair request click: HERE"

It is funny because I already have the case opened, and they were asking for the invoice and get the replacement immediately.

Now that I sent the invoice they will not replace it.

Here is the email about replacement:

"Dear Erkan, thanks for your feedback.

I really would like to replace the battery for you for free. The issue i´m facing right now is that without a proof of purchase." - I HAVE SENT PROOF OF PURCHASE AND???

"Dear Erkan, thanks for your feedback.

The only change for me to help with a free replacement is when you send me the original proof of purchase. You can ask your uncle that gave you the present or contact the dealer directly where the drone was bought from." - PROOF OF PURCHASE IS SENT AND WHERE IS THE REPLACEMENT?

I can see DJI is playing games with people trying to find ways to ignore customers... shame on you!
2020-8-10
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

ErkanZeqiri Posted at 8-10 00:30
Update:

I got the invoice from my uncle and send them through e-mail and your technicians now forgot about the replacement.

Hi ErkanZeqiri, we appreciate that you got the proof of purchase for us. To claim the warranty for the battery, please send the battery in, we will attach your proof of purchase on the case. The local team will check on it when they receive the battery, if the issue is covered under warranty, within the warranty period, we will replace it for free.
2020-8-10
Use props
ErkanZeqiri
lvl.1
North Macedonia

DJI Diana Posted at 8-10 03:14
Hi ErkanZeqiri, we appreciate that you got the proof of purchase for us. To claim the warranty for the battery, please send the battery in, we will attach your proof of purchase on the case. The local team will check on it when they receive the battery, if the issue is covered under warranty, within the warranty period, we will replace it for free.

Dear Diana,

I do not understand, firstly your technicians said send videos and photos as proof, then send invoice as proof and we will replace the battery straight away.

I have sent all the information, including videos of the new drone and battery not working. Then I sent invoice and everything.

Now you are asking me to send the battery for the repair? Technicians said they will replace straight away after I send the invoice. Are you trying to manipulate customers by buying time and wasting customers time like this?

How am I gonna send the battery? I have received no instructions at all. Who is going to pay for the shipping of the battery forth and back? What if it takes a long time to get to service and back?

I am not satisfied with your service and I will never ever buy a DJI drone in the future. Worst customer service ever.
2020-8-11
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

ErkanZeqiri Posted at 8-11 05:10
Dear Diana,

I do not understand, firstly your technicians said send videos and photos as proof, then send invoice as proof and we will replace the battery straight away.

We are sorry for any confusion caused to you, ErkanZeqiri. To claim the warranty, the battery will need to be sent back to our service center.
The video is for troubleshooting/issue checking, and the invoice is for us to check the warranty period. Because if we don't check the warranty first and it is not within the warranty period, it would be a trouble for you to send the battery back and just to find out it is not within the warranty period.
Since now the proof of purchase is provided, kindly send the battery in so we can help. The shipping info should be listed in the case when you registered the case.
For the shipping fee, I will send you PM for clarification. The whole turnaround maybe 5-7 business days excluding shipping.
Sorry again for the trouble caused. Thank you for your cooperation.
2020-8-11
Use props
ErkanZeqiri
lvl.1
North Macedonia

LATE UPDATE: After getting and providing the invoice I have sent the battery for inspection and thankfully DJI replaced the battery which was under warranty. The cause of the battery to fail was unknown.
I just wanted to give people that have similar issues an update, my battery wasn't repaired it was replaced.
This thread can be closed now.

Thanks and regards,
Erkan
2021-1-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules