Can we use Mavic camera+gimbal separately in a project?
3725 8 2020-7-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
amin67rgmail.com
lvl.2
Germany

I'm wondering if I can use the mavic/phantom/.. camera+gimbal for my project.
For this purpose, I need to be able to capture the image from the camera so is the protocol open to use?
Also how is the interface for the gimbal?
2020-7-24
Use props
amin67rgmail.com
lvl.2
Germany

Can I use the camera+gimbal in a separate project?

I'm wondering if I can use the mavic/phantom/.. camera+gimbal for my project.
For this purpose, I need to be able to capture the image from the camera so is the protocol open to use?
Also how is the interface for the gimbal? Thanks

2020-7-24
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Take a look at the Katana for the Mavic
2020-7-24
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

And just hold the landing gear on the phantom
2020-7-24
Use props
amin67rgmail.com
lvl.2
Canada

I think I was not clear here, I mean gimbal+camera as stand-alone (with out the quad itself)
2020-7-24
Use props
rwynant V1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

Replies reward +1

Take the props OFF........setup for your shots holding the aircraft.   The stabilization is always ON as long as you have the TX/RC and iPad/device ON to see the shot being observed.

Good luck.

Randy
2020-7-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Replies reward +1

Hello there amin67rgmail.com. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. For the DJI Mavic Air, you may try using the PolarPro Katana Mavic Air Cinema Grip System. The Katana Grip allows the Mavic Air to be utilized for on-the-ground shots. Even though difficult environments, no-fly zones, indoors, and crowded areas may limit the ability to take off, the Katana Grip makes it possible to use the Mavic Air's camera and three-axis gimbal as a precise handheld camera. A monitor mount ensures perfect framing of shots to help create professional-quality footage. From action sports follow-cams to small video productions, the creative possibilities the Katana Grip are only limited by the filmmaker's imagination. For reference I will post a link where in you can learn more about the PolarPro Katana Mavic Air Cinema Grip System. Thank you.

https://store.dji.com/product/po ... -v2&position=16
2020-7-26
Use props
djiuser_05PckBBIEkMp
lvl.1

United States

I have a Phantom  Advance 3 and I Updated It , The firmware Is v1.11. 20 and it said ESC error ,and I know there is a firmware V1.11.30  But I can't find it
2020-7-28
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Certainly yes, but you'll have to cannibalize the bird or get all the necessary components. The camera+gimbal itself will not do you any good. You'll need the image processor/recorder hardware, antennas to communicate with RC+video monitor and all related wiring. It is more complicated than you think...
2020-8-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules