Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SCoutts
First Officer
Flight distance : 1922434 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Hey Guys,

I put together some thoughts on RAW support for the Mavic Mini, why it's important and why I think it should be included.

What do you guys think? Should the Mavic Mini have RAW photo support? I certainly think so. And, I feel that it can be added without poaching sales from DJI's more expensive offerings. Differentiating a product line can come from the higher-end features like HDR photo/video, obstacle detection and avoidances, range and battery life - things that likely require more horsepower and hardware to implement.

2020-7-24
Use props
CatsFPV
lvl.1
Flight distance : 51493 ft
United States

While I agree that RAW photo support would be great, implementing simple exposure bracketing (for post-processing HDR or otherwise) would be trivial for them to implement in the app.
2020-7-24
Use props
Occams Razor
Second Officer
Flight distance : 423497 ft
United States

RAW support would be my top request for the Mini and I believe it would be relatively easy to implement.  However, I do not expect DJI to add it (at least in the short term) and understand why they would not support it for the Mini.
2020-7-24
Use props
SCoutts
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

CatsFPV Posted at 7-24 09:29
While I agree that RAW photo support would be great, implementing simple exposure bracketing (for post-processing HDR or otherwise) would be trivial for them to implement in the app.

Yeah, for sure. I think any of those relatively simple software features, like AEB should be in there. There should be a standard set of photo/video features across the board. Cheers!
2020-7-24
Use props
SCoutts
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Occams Razor Posted at 7-24 10:25
RAW support would be my top request for the Mini and I believe it would be relatively easy to implement.  However, I do not expect DJI to add it (at least in the short term) and understand why they would not support it for the Mini.

It's there for the MA2, so I agree, it can't be that hard to implement. I hope it happens, I think it should happen but either way the Mini is still a great little drone.
2020-7-24
Use props
Luca90
lvl.3
Flight distance : 429938 ft
Italy

Yup, Mini need RAW definitely.
Like you said, for people used to shoot in RAW with their cameras (like us), the JPEG only photo format sounds weird.
I know the sensor is nothing special and you can't expect to work on the files like a Full Frame one, but the uncompressed format bring waaaayy more possibilities and a far better lights and shadows management.
If I can choose, I'll leave Active Track or any other future feature for RAW option, that is not so hard to implement.
2020-7-24
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

People have been asking for features to be added to the Mini since it came out, so far, none have happened. You are wasting your time on this issue.
2020-7-24
Use props
K6CCC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 651683 ft
United States

You want the fancy features, don't buy the bottom end product.  Very simple.
2020-7-24
Use props
JHa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 99797 ft
Czechia

Geebax Posted at 7-24 19:27
People have been asking for features to be added to the Mini since it came out, so far, none have happened. You are wasting your time on this issue.

None? video manual exposure settings, manual white balance.
2020-7-24
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

JHa Posted at 7-24 22:15
None? video manual exposure settings, manual white balance.

Yes, controls. What actual new features have been added?
2020-7-24
Use props
SCoutts
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Geebax Posted at 7-24 19:27
People have been asking for features to be added to the Mini since it came out, so far, none have happened. You are wasting your time on this issue.

It never hurts to ask. Cheers!
2020-7-25
Use props
SCoutts
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Luca90 Posted at 7-24 17:23
Like you said, for people used to shoot in RAW with their cameras (like us), the JPEG only photo format sounds weird.
I know the sensor is nothing special and you can't expect to work on the files like a Full Frame one, but the uncompressed format bring waaaayy more possibilities and a far better lights and shadows management.

So much more post-processing latitude with RAW.
2020-7-25
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

SCoutts Posted at 7-25 17:09
It never hurts to ask. Cheers!

Mini owners have been "asking" since the Mini was released 8 months ago.
Despite the near constant nagging, DJI hasn't done anything about it.
I wouldn't be optimistic that more nagging will result in new features.
2020-7-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there SCoutts. Thank you for creating this video and for sharing your insights with regards to this matter. This has already been for warded to our DJI R&D Team. Rest assured that the said DJI Team is contentiously testing multiple functions and features to be added on the DJI Mavic Mini and with the DJI Fly application in the futures. In addition, all significant and possible suggestions will be implemented after the evaluation of the DJI Engineers. For the latest DJI Fly application and DJI updates. Kindly please stay tuned or visit our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Again, thank you for your valued support and please stay safe always.
2020-7-26
Use props
SCoutts
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-26 23:21
Hello there SCoutts. Thank you for creating this video and for sharing your insights with regards to this matter. This has already been for warded to our DJI R&D Team. Rest assured that the said DJI Team is contentiously testing multiple functions and features to be added on the DJI Mavic Mini and with the DJI Fly application in the futures. In addition, all significant and possible suggestions will be implemented after the evaluation of the DJI Engineers. For the latest DJI Fly application and DJI updates. Kindly please stay tuned or visit our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Again, thank you for your valued support and please stay safe always.

Thanks for watching and passing the suggestion on to the engineers and thank you, as always, for the support.
2020-7-27
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

SCoutts Posted at 7-27 18:19
Thanks for watching and passing the suggestion on to the engineers and thank you, as always, for the support.

Hi there SCoutts. You are very much welcome and thank you for the reply. If you have any other suggestions, inquiries or concerns with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help and support you.
2020-7-29
Use props
Figuitolacasito
lvl.2
Flight distance : 25184 ft
Spain

Luca90 Posted at 7-24 17:23
Like you said, for people used to shoot in RAW with their cameras (like us), the JPEG only photo format sounds weird.
I know the sensor is nothing special and you can't expect to work on the files like a Full Frame one, but the uncompressed format bring waaaayy more possibilities and a far better lights and shadows management.

I think the way you do. I´m amateur photographer and I would like to shoot RAW. It would be amazing ( and I know the camara is not special)
2020-7-30
Use props
Dmytro Petrov
lvl.2
Flight distance : 126942 ft
Ukraine

Yes, I would be happy to see raw support
2020-7-31
Use props
SCoutts
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-29 22:12
Hi there SCoutts. You are very much welcome and thank you for the reply. If you have any other suggestions, inquiries or concerns with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help and support you.

Thank you!
2020-8-3
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there SCoutts. It is always my pleasure to see your work. Have a safe and a happy flying always.
2020-8-5
Use props
amir_KING
First Officer
Flight distance : 372992 ft
United States

Labroides Posted at 7-25 17:24
Mini owners have been "asking" since the Mini was released 8 months ago.
Despite the near constant nagging, DJI hasn't done anything about it.
I wouldn't be optimistic that more nagging will result in new features.

Same with active track ect...
2020-9-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules