Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
RONIN-S drifting, joystick issues
5147 5 2020-7-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ntronin
New

United States

I got a Ronin-S with a firmware update 2.0.2
I balance the gimbal. Balance test in the Ronin App returns Excellents across the board.

I place the gimbal on a flat surface and switch it on.
After about 2 seconds the gimbal just starts to drift on the pan axis and tilt axis.

When I double tap the trigger, the camera tilt returns to 65 degrees, where as the pan axis responds only sometimes, but doesn't return anywhere near 0 degrees. Then it just drifts and the motors never stop working.

I try Auto Tune in the app. The gimbal does its shake and turn and shake some more thing. Whatever that was, it did nothing. I do another Balance Test. Tilt, Roll and Pan are excellent. That's great.

The joystick is mostly useless, because if I hit left it goes up and right, makes it spin all around for some reason.

I try to calibrate the joystick following the calibration steps:
Hold trigger (gimbal just drifts), Tap trigger twice (returns to some random angle, sometimes the camera spins), Three taps on the trigger actually does the 180 degree turn (and then keeps drifting), four taps on trigger and hold (then move the joystick around in each direction and do another four taps and hold to calibrate). With all this done, the gimbal keeps drifting and stops only when it can't go any more.

I'm thinking that maybe final resort would be to fix the joint angle, since I saw tutorials on that, but in my case the joystick just does it's own thing and so it's impossible for me to fix the joint angle and set the gimbal to 0 because the joystick is uncooperative.

Anyone have this issue? What's the fix? Or is this product just supposed to give you those shots of random drifting, tilting and rolling? In that case, money well spent?
2020-7-24
Use props
ntronin
New

United States

I'll also add that the camera is balanced on the gimbal, I've balanced it a 1000 times at this point and it doesn't move when I tilt and turn, it just stays where I put it up or down. It actually works better when the gimbal is off than when its on.
2020-7-24
Use props
ntronin
New

United States

Like why is the camera spinning upside down when I just push the joystick to the left?
2020-7-24
Use props
ntronin
New

United States

Also in some positions, when I push the joystick left or right, it doesn't pan at all.
2020-7-24
Use props
djiuser_4iZuTPsmUCak
New

United States

I am having a somewhat similar problem. In my case, the gimbal will randomly start to tilt up. Seems to be related to the joystick, as it tilts at the speed that the joystick is set to. I tried auto tune, joystick calibration ... Nothing. Does anyone from DJI have a response? Anyone found a solution to this? Is it a hardware issue?
2021-7-18
Use props
djiuser_Zl3EhHaoCpGF
New
Germany

djiuser_4iZuTPsmUCak Posted at 7-18 03:31
I am having a somewhat similar problem. In my case, the gimbal will randomly start to tilt up. Seems to be related to the joystick, as it tilts at the speed that the joystick is set to. I tried auto tune, joystick calibration ... Nothing. Does anyone from DJI have a response? Anyone found a solution to this? Is it a hardware issue?

I have the exact same problem. My gimbal is also sometimes randomly slowly tilting up. When I change the controlling, so that the pushing up of the trigger is causing an pan to the right the gibal then randomly pans to the right...
So it should be an issue of the joystick
Some ideas how to fix it?
I already tryed out all possible calibrations
2021-9-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules