1919 40 2020-7-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

As you can see I have flown a variety of DJI drones + an Inspire 1 that doesn't show up since I purchase it used.  I only have the M2pro now and want to know if the Mini is worth owning.  Thanks all.

2020-7-24
Use props
Akirasho
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1622238 ft
United States

Do you have a need/want for a drone like the Mini?

The Mini was my first drone and met my needs and wants (price and function).  I now have an Air2 but the Mini still flies.  
2020-7-24
Use props
Tentoes
First Officer
Flight distance : 6018255 ft
United States

Well, it's a really nice $400 drone. I think its only advantage over your M2Pro would be the small size.
2020-7-24
Use props
SD_Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

For an experienced pilot like you Lucas, don't even waste the money (underwhelmed and/or bored). I'd say go for the MA2. I'm waiting for the delivery of the (S2) Skydio 2 if not I'd buy one too.
2020-7-24
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

SD_Pilot Posted at 7-24 15:09
For an experienced pilot like you Lucas, don't even waste the money (underwhelmed and/or bored). I'd say go for the MA2. I'm for the delivery of the (S2) Skydio 2 if not I'd buy one too.

I wanted something to mess around with and not worry about messing up the M2pro.  I might have to look into the MA2, but then im going to have to treat it with respect
2020-7-24
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think it is worth more than half the price of the MA2.....and I have both. Just depends on your needs and wants.
2020-7-24
Use props
nevac
First Officer
Flight distance : 9776798 ft
Serbia

The Mavic mini is an exceptional drone, it can be used on any occasion because of its size. I adore it.
2020-7-24
Use props
GuruOz
lvl.1

Australia

I guess if you want a beater drone to fly without having to worry too much, i would highly suggest getting a spark from the second hand market. or a mavic mini if you can find one. it really increases your confidence when you dont have to worry about safely landing $2000 lol
2020-7-24
Use props
fansa3ca2932
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1614416 ft
Russia

Search result.
2020-7-24
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
France

Having owned one for several months now, I'd say that at that pricepoint it's a nice piece of kit to have added to my collection. Useful in tight spaces and for close-quarter work. The 2.7k video looks perfectly fine. I'm not sorry I bought it. But there's a danger the wife might start to think of it as "hers" now she's had a few goes with it
2020-7-25
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It sure looks like a lot of fun and for the price you couldn't go far wrong and some of the footage I've seen from it is actually really good - it's weight and size are obviously major selling points. I passed on it though as the MA2 is perfect for my needs and exceptional bang-for-buck.
2020-7-25
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

Sure it is. It's a handy little camera drone, quick to deploy and very convenient to carry around.

Since everything is best viewed from above it can easily replace many uninteresting flat shots from a smartphone.
2020-7-25
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for all the replies, my new Mavic Mini should be here this coming week
2020-7-25
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Lucas775 Posted at 7-25 09:52

Many congrats!
2020-7-25
Use props
Akirasho
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1622238 ft
United States

Lucas775 Posted at 7-25 09:52

Good to have options.
2020-7-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Lucas775. Thank you for reaching out and for purchasing the DJI Mavic Mini. In addition to this I will post a DJI link where in you can see some DJI Guide on Why You Need a Mini Drone in Your Setup. Again, thank you for your support and fly safe always.

https://store.dji.com/guides/mav ... -need-a-mini-drone/
2020-7-26
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-26 23:28
Hello there Lucas775. Thank you for reaching out and for purchasing the DJI Mavic Mini. In addition to this I will post a DJI link where in you can see some DJI Guide on Why You Need a Mini Drone in Your Setup. Again, thank you for your support and fly safe always.

https://store.dji.com/guides/mavic-mini-why-you-need-a-mini-drone/

Thank you Stephen
2020-7-27
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there Lucas775. You are very much welcome and thank you for the reply. If you have any inquiries or concerns with your new DJI Mavic Mini or with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and support you.
2020-7-29
Use props
amir_KING
First Officer
Flight distance : 372992 ft
United States

Its definitely worth 400$
2020-9-17
Use props
amir_KING
First Officer
United States

Your call though.
2020-9-17
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Purchased it about a month ago, what a blast it is.  It gives my M2pro a little break.
2020-9-17
Use props
amir_KING
First Officer
United States

Lucas775 Posted at 9-17 17:00
Purchased it about a month ago, what a blast it is.  It gives my M2pro a little break.

yes, little beast!
2020-9-17
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Lucas775 Posted at 9-17 17:00

Glad to see you're enjoying it Lucas
2020-9-18
Use props
K6CCC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 651683 ft
United States

Absolutely.  It's a fun little drone to have.  In my case the Mini is my first and at least at the moment, only drone.  Will I upgrade at some point?  I don't know for sure, but I would not be surprised.  I'm kinda waiting to see if there is 3 Pro (hopefully the best of the Air 2 and the 2 Pro).  However because the Mini is so quiet, that helps with one of my primary missions - which involves flying at less than 25 feet in front of my house.
2020-9-18
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

A J Posted at 9-18 02:26
Glad to see you're enjoying it Lucas

Fun little thing ain't it.
2020-9-19
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

K6CCC Posted at 9-18 08:29
Absolutely.  It's a fun little drone to have.  In my case the Mini is my first and at least at the moment, only drone.  Will I upgrade at some point?  I don't know for sure, but I would not be surprised.  I'm kinda waiting to see if there is 3 Pro (hopefully the best of the Air 2 and the 2 Pro).  However because the Mini is so quiet, that helps with one of my primary missions - which involves flying at less than 25 feet in front of my house.

You'll definitely upgrade it's just a matter or when.  Once you experience ocusync connection you'll be so impressed.  I have flown my M2pro 5 miles out with no connection problem.
2020-9-19
Use props
K6CCC
Second Officer
United States

Lucas775 Posted at 9-19 11:35
You'll definitely upgrade it's just a matter or when.  Once you experience ocusync connection you'll be so impressed.  I have flown my M2pro 5 miles out with no connection problem.

Yea, the occusync is nice.  A good friend has a Mavic 2 Pro and his range is much better than mine in this RF jungle.
However for shooting video of my Christmas light show from 50 feet away, the WiFi will not be an issue...
2020-9-19
Use props
Cients
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5537369 ft
Portugal

I used to fly a Phantom 3 Professional for more than 2 years. I decided to sold it and bought a Mavic Mini some weeks ago. I am amazed and love the drone because you have to do almost everything manually.
Highly portable, light weight and good flight and battery performance.
For non professionals is a must!
2020-9-19
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

K6CCC Posted at 9-19 13:13
Yea, the occusync is nice.  A good friend has a Mavic 2 Pro and his range is much better than mine in this RF jungle.
However for shooting video of my Christmas light show from 50 feet away, the WiFi will not be an issue...

I would like to see pix and videos of your Christmas lights when you get them up.  Fly safe!
2020-9-19
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Lucas775 Posted at 9-19 11:33
Fun little thing ain't it.

Never flown one but seen quite a few - looks like a lot of fun!
2020-9-19
Use props
K6CCC
Second Officer
United States

Lucas775 Posted at 9-19 13:54
I would like to see pix and videos of your Christmas lights when you get them up.  Fly safe!

The 1990s looking website for the Christmas light show is http://newburghlights.org

The only two videos up right now are many years old.  The drone is intended in part to motivate me to take current videos

I should starting shooting video when I start testing in mid November.  Hopefully have something worth publishing by late November.
2020-9-19
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

A J Posted at 9-19 14:22
Never flown one but seen quite a few - looks like a lot of fun!

It's a fun little drone still amazes me on how such a tiny drone can do so much.
2020-9-19
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

K6CCC Posted at 9-19 17:17
The 1990s looking website for the Christmas light show is http://newburghlights.org

The only two videos up right now are many years old.  The drone is intended in part to motivate me to take current videos

No way this is your video! I've watched this several times before.  Awesome! now I cant wait for your new videos to come out.

Subscribed to get to see new videos.

2020-9-19
Use props
K6CCC
Second Officer
United States

Lucas775 Posted at 9-19 17:29
No way this is your video! I've watched this several times before.  Awesome! now I cant wait for your new videos to come out.

Subscribed to get to see new videos.

Thank you Lucas.  The video of Carol of the Bells is my show in the first year I did a music synchronized show.  It was shot by a friend of mine from four camera angles and then put together in post production.  He did a great job in the post production, but did not have time to do the rest of the songs in the show.

I'm curious how you have run into it before?
2020-9-19
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Lucas775 Posted at 9-19 17:27
It's a fun little drone still amazes me on how such a tiny drone can do so much.

DJI do know how to make a great drone. The MA2 is fantastic
2020-9-20
Use props
pawnie
lvl.2

Canada

It's my first drone but thought I'd add it's really the only one I was originally interested in due to the 249g feature. I feel like i'm on enough government lists, wasn't looking to be on another. That said, I think I'm already hooked on this hobby and I'm starting to look at ads for other drones so I may be changing my policy on another government list
2020-9-20
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

pawnie Posted at 9-20 06:29
It's my first drone but thought I'd add it's really the only one I was originally interested in due to the 249g feature. I feel like i'm on enough government lists, wasn't looking to be on another. That said, I think I'm already hooked on this hobby and I'm starting to look at ads for other drones so I may be changing my policy on another government list

249G: the only you don't have to do is register it, but the rest you have to fly and know all the drone regulations which in term can still get in trouble for not following rules and regulations.  Fly safe.
2020-9-20
Use props
pawnie
lvl.2

Canada

Lucas775 Posted at 9-20 07:41
249G: the only you don't have to do is register it, but the rest you have to fly and know all the drone regulations which in term can still get in trouble for not following rules and regulations.  Fly safe.

Understood and agreed. Just don't like registering for probably stupid reasons.
2020-9-20
Use props
pawnie
lvl.2

Canada

Lucas775 Posted at 9-20 07:41
249G: the only you don't have to do is register it, but the rest you have to fly and know all the drone regulations which in term can still get in trouble for not following rules and regulations.  Fly safe.

You know, I actually thought what you said was true before you said it . But after scouring the drone laws and reading up, I now think this is false. From what I've read, as long as you're not being reckless and/or putting other people in danger, my interpretation is none of the Canadian RPAS rules apply to the Mini. I may have to recant and go back to my Mini as my main drone.

2020-9-25
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

pawnie Posted at 9-25 20:11
You know, I actually thought what you said was true before you said it . But after scouring the drone laws and reading up, I now think this is false. From what I've read, as long as you're not being reckless and/or putting other people in danger, my interpretation is none of the Canadian RPAS rules apply to the Mini. I may have to recant and go back to my Mini as my main drone.

Very true friend, just be a responsible pilot and all should be good.  Fly safe and stay safe.
2020-9-26
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules