5073 34 2015-6-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
boutropeur.msn
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi all,

We just released version 1.6.0 of Litchi!

Download Litchi on the Play Store

Main changes:
- new Point of Interest add-on
- added new Grid line settings
- Follow me improvements
- UI redesign
- misc bug fixes

Be sure to check it out!

New Point of Interest mode

New Point of Interest mode
2015-6-19
Use props
Brandon00151
lvl.3
Flight distance : 119137 ft
United States

Looks nice. Any plans on a P3 version?
2015-6-19
Use props
boutropeur.msn
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

For sure! Litchi is actually already compatible with the P3 and Inspire 1 in its alpha version.
We will release the FPV mode in the coming week(s), other modes will have to wait for DJI to release a firmware that enables autonomous flight modes.
2015-6-20
Use props
roy
Second Officer

United States

You can't do a POI from a waypoint ot GS. Would be nice to fly out to a waypoint and the do the POI and the return. Autonomous would be awesome!
2015-6-20
Use props
DroneAlps
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2043307 ft
  • >>>
France

boutropeur.msn Posted at 2015-6-20 16:43
For sure! Litchi is actually already compatible with the P3 and Inspire 1 in its alpha version.
We w ...

Do you know if this app would work with the P2 (non vision)?
2015-6-20
Use props
boutropeur.msn
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Litchi is compatible with P2 Vision, Vision Plus and Vision Plus with GoPro mod. It is not compatible with the Phantom 2 non Vision.
2015-6-20
Use props
nrgwise
Second Officer

United States

I do have the POI add on (not yet used) but did fly FPV (free flight) tonight despite the weather.  I like the new interface (UI) and most of the design.  Will compile notes/observations as I fly.  Wish there was a built in help file.
2015-6-20
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

nrgwise Posted at 2015-6-21 09:37
I do have the POI add on (not yet used) but did fly FPV (free flight) tonight despite the weather.   ...

Did a POI test with the P3Pro this evening. Worked flawlessly with the exception of the speed (a known SDK bug, I believe). Started with a few small items. Last test was a huge tree about 40' from the house. Started on the ground, went to 150', ran out to the tree and did a radius of about 100', camera to the center. Had the speed set for 25 but it only went maybe 5mph. All and all a great feature, implemented well. Just need the speed fixed!

Jerry
2015-6-20
Use props
nrgwise
Second Officer

United States

JtrJr-UAV Pilot Posted at 2015-6-21 09:50
Did a POI test with the P3Pro this evening. Worked flawlessly with the exception of the speed (a k ...

Well, if there is any useable video from tonight you will see what my weather has been like.  Despite the online forecasts, I have had nothing but garbage weather here for weeks and weeks.  I would love the POI for some local landmarks as well as some creative stuff.  I have tried the Follow Me in the past and it has not worked, will try again to see if said improvements are effective.

Don't get me wrong - Litchi is the only app I use for flying.  I love it, especially the GS capabilities.  Follow Me (and or the promise of POI) were never what attracted me to the app as I never felt the need.  But, things/attitudes/perspectives/experiences change and needs change accordingly I believe. I like the app and the device I use for flying...an excellent combination.

Thanks Jerry for the recommendations.  And thanks Litchi for providing an excellent app for flying the Phantom.
2015-6-20
Use props
roy
Second Officer

United States

How about a quick lesson on POI. Do you start it and the quad takes off clubs to an altitude goes to the POI , circles it, returns home and lands itself or what. What are the steps for performing the POI. This would help those who haven't tried it yet.
2015-6-21
Use props
boutropeur.msn
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

@roy please see http://flylitchi.com/faq#poi
Note that the aircraft will continue circling until you stop it. If you stop it, it will then just hover and not RTH/land. To get control back simply flip the S1 controller switch from top to mid pos and back to top.

2015-6-21
Use props
jonnied2010
lvl.3

United States

boutropeur.msn Posted at 2015-6-21 18:28
@roy please see http://flylitchi.com/faq#poi
Note that the aircraft will continue circling until you ...

How do you do an in app purchase?
2015-6-21
Use props
nrgwise
Second Officer

United States

jonnied2010 Posted at 2015-6-21 18:45
How do you do an in app purchase?

When I went to the Play Store and found the app, it first asked me if I wanted to update, which I did, then there was a window that opened with app details and on that screen was an in-app purchase button.  Just how I found it.  Only second time at the store and only one app purchased from there.
2015-6-21
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
Second Officer
United States

nrgwise Posted at 2015-6-21 09:57
Well, if there is any useable video from tonight you will see what my weather has been like.  Despi ...

Nrg,

Just a heads-up before you go out in the field to "test" POI, it's an in-app purchase of $3.99, I think. Before anyone gets upset about it, POI was never part of the original app. I haven't tried it with my P2 yet so I don't know if it's got the speed issue as well. If it does, I don't think it going to be extremely useful until the speed can be adjusted. It pretty slow right now. Works great but slow.

Jerry
2015-6-21
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
Second Officer
United States

nrgwise Posted at 2015-6-21 21:03
When I went to the Play Store and found the app, it first asked me if I wanted to update, which I  ...

Oops, should have read the rest of the thread before I posted my last post!

Jerry
2015-6-21
Use props
boutropeur.msn
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

@JtrJr The speed bug is only for the P3 version of POI. The P2 version is actually a completely different implementation (POI on P3 is backed by the firmware). There are options that you have with the P2 POI that you won't have with the P3 POI and vice versa.
2015-6-21
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
Second Officer
United States

boutropeur.msn Posted at 2015-6-21 23:56
@JtrJr The speed bug is only for the P3 version of POI. The P2 version is actually a completely diff ...

Bou,

Thanks. I'm hoping to get out with the P2 and test that feature today as well.

Jerry
2015-6-21
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
Second Officer
United States

@JtrJr The speed bug is only for the P3 version of POI. The P2 version is actually a completely diff ...

Just tested POI with the P2 and it worked great. The speed settings could be better. Fast is not very fast at all.

Jerry
2015-6-21
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
Second Officer
United States

Just did three small GS missions utilizing all features, everything appeared to work as expected except heading. Heading didn't appear to do anything. Did the last GS on the fly while at a hover from the previous pre-planned mission just completed. Worked great, no issues.

Jerry
2015-6-21
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
Second Officer
United States

Was going to do the Follow-Me tests. Tried twice but couldn't get a sat lock. I think my TAB 4 may not be GPS capable. Not sure, I'll have to dig into this issue.

Jerry
2015-6-21
Use props
jonnied2010
lvl.3

United States

nrgwise Posted at 2015-6-21 21:03
When I went to the Play Store and found the app, it first asked me if I wanted to update, which I  ...

Thanks Nrg, I found it. I'm a "Windows" guy, not so "Android" wise.
2015-6-22
Use props
Kilted Flyer (D
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1096637 ft
United States

I went in and updated mine and noticed that the "banked" turns option is no longer there.. What are the chance of getting those back? When adusting waypoints, What is the reason for the "heading" section and compass bearing adustments when the quad is going at a pre programmed clip anyhow? This is the setting at the very bottom where the banked turns setting used to be.
   Is that the heading where the camera is facing? That is the only thing I can think of. Right now Im afraid to use the GS because of that setting. I dont want to have the quad go off in a differnt direction from the programmed one when I set the bottom setting to say "compass 80 deg when its susposed to go 180....

Example below..
2015-06-22 09.17.44.png
2015-6-22
Use props
boutropeur.msn
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

There is a new update 1.6.1 out, which will remove the heading setting as it does not work (it should not have made it live in the first place, sorry about that).
If it did work, yes it would affect the direction the aircraft/camera is facing.
Banked turn is still here, you just need to scroll down the window, but in 1.6.1 no need to scroll, removing the heading setting made it move back up.
2015-6-22
Use props
Kilted Flyer (D
lvl.3
United States

boutropeur.msn Posted at 2015-6-22 21:55
There is a new update 1.6.1 out, which will remove the heading setting as it does not work (it shoul ...

So basically you can set the quad to aim the camera at differnt "directions" via compass heading despite which "programmed" direction the craft is heading.. Right? It still flys the correct route, but the camera or "front " of craft isnt always facing the direction its going in order to get differnt shots..... Correct me if im wrong..
2015-6-22
Use props
boutropeur.msn
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Correct, but the firmware is bugged and it does not work currently.
2015-6-22
Use props
roy
Second Officer

United States

I am a little concerned about the POI, so correct me if I am wrong. The craft will start up automatically and fly to the POI and circle. But if an object get in between me and the POI or its out to far and I can't flip the s1 to regain control my  Phantom will just sit there  and circle till the battery get to low? What then? Sorry to be so inquisitive but in trying to look at the ins and outs so I don't loose this rascal.i think this may be a really useful feature.
2015-6-22
Use props
boutropeur.msn
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Generally you should make sure that you do not place the center/POI too far and that you don't have some object/building in between you and the phantom so you don't get into a situation where you can't regain control using the s1 switch.
The phantom will only circle around the center if the app is able to communicate with it, as it is the app controlling the phantom and not the phantom controlling itself.
2015-6-22
Use props
nrgwise
Second Officer

United States

jonnied2010 Posted at 2015-6-22 18:13
Thanks Nrg, I found it. I'm a "Windows" guy, not so "Android" wise.

No problem...I am an "Apple/Mac" person and this is the only Android device I have and the ONLY app I run on it.  I use the device for nothing other than flying Dozbot and this app has performed flawlessly for me.

Just flew with the new update - three batteries: two on GS flights and free flight at the end of programmed flight and one on just revisiting old ground.  I really like this app and will report on Follow Me and POI as I use them.  Or try to use them.  
2015-6-22
Use props
Kilted Flyer (D
lvl.3
United States

boutropeur.msn Posted at 2015-6-23 01:24
Correct, but the firmware is bugged and it does not work currently.

I removed and reinstalled the app and the old settings came back (one with banked turns). The heading settings tab went away. Its at the current version.
2015-6-23
Use props
boutropeur.msn
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yep that's intended!
2015-6-23
Use props
roy
Second Officer

United States

Have a question. When I do way point flying I use 2 waypoints when I get to my destination. The first to get to the location and the second trying to get the craft to point at the target. However when I have say a 14 second stay the craft stops and turns to the original direction of travel which means it's now pointed away from my target of video. Is their any way when we arrive at a way point to  have it point in a direction we need?  To try to illustrate I am flying north. I arrive at the waypoint but my target for video is east. So my second way point I make towards my target east with a14 second delay. My quad turns tontheneast goes for 100 ft to waypoint 2 and arrives for the 14 second delay. When it stops it rotates to north and waits for 14 seconds. I wanted it to continue pointing and hold in the easterly direction.  How can I get it to point where I need?
2015-9-5
Use props
garton34
lvl.1

India

nrgwise Posted at 2015-6-21 05:03
When I went to the Play Store and found the app, it first asked me if I wanted to update, which I did, then there was a window that opened with app details and on that screen was an in-app purchase button.  Just how I found it.  Only second time at the store and only one app purchased from there.

Did you tried using freedom app for in-app purchase ? Using freedom app you easily make free in-app purchases
2018-8-22
Use props
P4P+_Brazil
lvl.4
Brazil

Three years later ?
2018-8-22
Use props
garton34
lvl.1

India

garton34 Posted at 2018-8-22 16:45
Did you tried using freedom app for in-app purchase ? Using freedom app you easily make free in-app purchases

Download freedom for windows pc from here: https://freedomapkdownload.online/freedom-app-for-pc/
2018-8-23
Use props
genesarazen
New

India

Gene Sarazen (February 27, 1902 – May 13, 1999) was an American professional golfer, one of the world's top players in the 1920s and 1930s, and the winner of seven major championships.

https://sportsunfolded.com/golf/gene-sarazen/
2019-6-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules