Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic 3
1216 20 2020-7-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TrevorSK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1547713 ft
Canada

Image of what looks to be a Mavic 3 appeared at the Chinese patent office. The rumour people and YouTubers will have a field day now
2020-7-25
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Where's the image
2020-7-25
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Yea, I have seen it. Cameras looks like an Autel camera and sensor positions seems to be changed around a bit.
2020-7-25
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Suren Posted at 7-25 13:16
Yea, I have seen it. Cameras looks like an Autel camera and sensor positions seems to be changed around a bit.

Apparently it's going to have a new optical image stabilisation system with interchangeable lenses and a new folding design enabling two arms to fold simultaneously - all speculative of course. It will definitely storm the whole drone industry whatever it has.
2020-7-25
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

A J Posted at 7-25 13:38
Apparently it's going to have a new optical image stabilisation system with interchangeable lenses and a new folding design enabling two arms to fold simultaneously - all speculative of course. It will definitely storm the whole drone industry whatever it has.

Hopefully it puts the Autel away with an amazing camera, Im looking for about 40 minutes flight time and the 10km distance for CE, 1 inch sensor as standard
2020-7-25
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Suren Posted at 7-25 14:35
Hopefully it puts the Autel away with an amazing camera, Im looking for about 40 minutes flight time and the 10km distance for CE, 1 inch sensor as standard

1” sensor with a 4 or 6x optical zoom would be awesome! The price tag will be just as interesting
2020-7-25
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

A J Posted at 7-25 13:38

Apparently it's going to have a new optical image stabilisation system with interchangeable lenses and a new folding design enabling two arms to fold simultaneously
No it isn't, you've been mislead by the usual nonsense rumour posts and wish lists.
2020-7-25
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Labroides Posted at 7-25 17:28
Apparently it's going to have a new optical image stabilisation system with interchangeable lenses and a new folding design enabling two arms to fold simultaneously
No it isn't, you've been mislead by the usual nonsense rumour posts and wish lists.

I would have only been 'misled' if I believed it to be factual - but I did use the words 'apparently' and 'subjective' did I not? So hardly misled into anything - all of these comments are purely based on individual predictions and subjective sources - nobody except DJI categorically knows but some find it fun to speculate various conjectures in anticipation of what may be released.
2020-7-25
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

A J Posted at 7-25 23:54
I would have only been 'misled' if I believed it to be factual - but I did use the words 'apparently' and 'subjective' did I not? So hardly misled into anything - all of these comments are purely based on individual predictions and subjective sources - nobody except DJI categorically knows but some find it fun to speculate various conjectures in anticipation of what may be released.

Yup we like to speculate and add to the wish list given that Christmas is a few months away
2020-7-26
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Suren Posted at 7-26 10:00
Yup we like to speculate and add to the wish list given that Christmas is a few months away

Absolutely - do you think it will be announced this year?
2020-7-26
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

A J Posted at 7-26 10:52
Absolutely - do you think it will be announced this year?

Well I'm hoping before Christmas, it will make a nice gift to myself under the tree, and I will say Santa dropped it off
2020-7-26
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Suren Posted at 7-26 11:04
Well I'm hoping before Christmas, it will make a nice gift to myself under the tree, and I will say Santa dropped it off

If only my wife believed in Father Christmas eh. .... her, I'll buy it anyway
2020-7-26
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

A J Posted at 7-26 11:16
If only my wife believed in Father Christmas eh. .... her, I'll buy it anyway

Every time I buy a new drone I have to make up a story or mine will kill me, says better to buy her clothes then toys
2020-7-26
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Suren Posted at 7-26 11:19
Every time I buy a new drone I have to make up a story or mine will kill me, says better to buy her clothes then toys

2017 was the year of drones for me - obsessed mate! I went through buying and selling SIX that year LMFAO Though her face when she saw the Inspire on the coffee table in 2018 was worth the two grand - I'll never forget that! I did say no more drones after the MA2 - she knows the score
2020-7-26
Use props
TrevorSK
lvl.4
Canada

Woe Posted at 7-25 09:52
Where's the image

2020-7-26
Use props
TrevorSK
lvl.4
Canada

The battery looks a little like the original old Mavic Pro with the 4 LEDs. Makes me wonder if it's just an old image from when people were anticipating the Mavic 2
2020-7-26
Use props
TrevorSK
lvl.4
Canada

Suren Posted at 7-26 11:04

Was reading that it was originally going to be August, but because of Covid related delays, we're looking at later in fall or maybe Christmas.
2020-7-26
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 7-25 17:28

With how smooth the image looks.. optical image stabilization even necessary?

Interchangeable lenses is a bad idea because dirt/hair will ruin the image.

The Mavic 2 Pro is already great.  If anything leave the design, upgrade the components to be higher performance like keeping the form factor of the PC but changing the interior parts to be 10x more powerful.

In fact.. we don't even need a new drone.  The Mavic 2 drones don't jello at all.  The Mavic 2 Zoom needs to be understood as an inspection drone too w/o the price gouging of the M2 Enterprise non-thermal.  The M2Z is underrated.  The photo performance when zooming in optically is amazing.  If people upgrade things that Work there is a chance the newer components installed may fail as they aren't "proven" as the veteran components that do indeed work given the supplier maintains the quality and doesn't swap out to cheaper materials w/o anybody knowing such as that contractor whose company used 6061 instead of 2024 for some US Government equipment that got caught and was sentenced to more than 50 months in prison and a $100k fine.  People cost cutting are the reason why failures do happen.  Probably the MCAS system was made cheaper because they lost the contract to make the new fighter jet to it's competitor.  We can go on and on with anything but if we die to corona does it really matter?
2020-7-26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I don't think they will go back to an old battery design.  
2020-7-27
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

TrevorSK Posted at 7-26 21:39
Was reading that it was originally going to be August, but because of Covid related delays, we're looking at later in fall or maybe Christmas.

Hopefully NZ gets this in stock by Christmas if it comes out.
2020-7-27
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for creating this post and sharing your personal insights regarding this matter. As of the moment, we don't have any information regarding the future models or features that DJI will release. For news and updates regarding DJI please visit our official DJI website at ( www.dji.com ). Thank you for your valued support.
2020-7-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules