Help!
820 13 2020-7-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
christopherpier
lvl.1
Flight distance : 520942 ft
Bulgaria

Hi, my Mavic mini drone spun out of control today I was flying and the front left arm started vibrating violently and the drone started spinning and crashed I am sad and confused at why this happened but on the other hand happy that this crash only happened at 1 meter and not at 40 meters, does anyone know why this might have happened to me or if this has happened to anyone and they know why could they please tell me because I am very confused.
2020-7-25
Use props
Route77
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1499 ft
United Kingdom

When you say drone is spinning, do you mean toilet bowl effect or the drone is doing a 360 turn?

Toilet bowl effect means compass interference, compass calibration required, if the drone was spinning 360, could signify motor/prop failure.

Your flight logs may tell tell you more about what could have happened.
2020-7-25
Use props
xboxmoddr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 660039 ft

something trapped around the motor hair or some debris or motor fail my guess
2020-7-25
Use props
christopherpier
lvl.1
Bulgaria

Route77 Posted at 7-25 07:02
When you say drone is spinning, do you mean toilet bowl effect or the drone is doing a 360 turn?

Toilet bowl effect means compass interference, compass calibration required, if the drone was spinning 360, could signify motor/prop failure.

Thank you so much is there a way I access those, the drone was doing a bit of both
2020-7-25
Use props
christopherpier
lvl.1
Bulgaria

xboxmoddr Posted at 7-25 07:03
something trapped around the motor hair or some debris or motor fail my guess

Ok thank you very much
2020-7-25
Use props
Route77
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1499 ft
United Kingdom

christopherpier Posted at 7-25 07:06
Thank you so much is there a way I access those, the drone was doing a bit of both

You can view your flight data in the DJI fly app under profile, it will display and play a map of your last flight sessions from the moment your drone took off. It records all notices you received and what input you put in the control sticks. Satellite count, altitude and distance travelled.

Other use Airdata to be able to read what the drone was actually doing at the moment it was having a problem, sync their drone DAT files to see the log info in text and table format.

At what stage did the problem begin, was the drone in perfectly flight before it spun widely, did you take off before proper satellite count acquisition.?

Have you changed or done anything to the props on any of the arms recently?

With my Mavic Mini now, at every flight, I wait for proper satellite acquisition, I do not activate motors because I always do hand launches, those motors get a bit tetchy with the tiniest of debris/sand/dirt launched from normal outside ground..
2020-7-25
Use props
m80116
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

The vibration alone should rule out compass interference, if I recall correctly OP mentioned days ago about a motor issue.

I didn't suggest cleaning and lubricating directly but I thought it was a good implication when answered about the earlier problem.

I do believe a log is next to useless this time. If you're drone is intact and looking fine you can still verify motor resistance by hand, start the motors with a CSC command and observe the drone idling while grounded.

I strongly suggest you check the motor involved (and then all the others) thoroughly for debris, blow it with compressed again, wash it with some mild alcohol and lubricate the spindle with silicone oil (the one for a hair-trimmer is absolutely fine).
2020-7-25
Use props
Junior - Brazil
lvl.4
Flight distance : 476483 ft
Brazil

Good that it was not very serious, it could be that something happened with the propeller, a crack or break and unbalanced the whole set (propeller, motor and arm). Replace the propellers and check the condition of those removed.
Good luck

Hugs
2020-7-25
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi christopherpier, I'm sorry about the accident. For fly safety consideration, please kindly contact our support at the link below to open a case and send the drone in for a thorough diagnosis, thanks.
http://www.dji.com/suppor
2020-7-25
Use props
christopherpier
lvl.1
Bulgaria

Route77 Posted at 7-25 07:37
You can view your flight data in the DJI fly app under profile, it will display and play a map of your last flight sessions from the moment your drone took off. It records all notices you received and what input you put in the control sticks. Satellite count, altitude and distance travelled.

Other use Airdata to be able to read what the drone was actually doing at the moment it was having a problem, sync their drone DAT files to see the log info in text and table format.

The drone was flying perfectly fine before it spun out of control
2020-7-26
Use props
christopherpier
lvl.1
Bulgaria

DJI Natalia Posted at 7-25 19:20
Hi christopherpier, I'm sorry about the accident. For fly safety consideration, please kindly contact our support at the link below to open a case and send the drone in for a thorough diagnosis, thanks.
http://www.dji.com/suppor

Thank you very much
2020-7-26
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

You're most welcome.
2020-7-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I would completely ignore post #7 it’s complete tripe, you’d have more chance of fixing your drone if you put it into a jar of mayonnaise. He’s just the forum clown.

If you want some idea of what happened to your drone use link below to upload your flight log.

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
2020-7-28
Use props
itchyeyeballs
lvl.4
United Kingdom

You reported issues with your props in your other ongoing thread, you also noted that you had crashed into a wall.

Theres at least a chance the two things are related.
2020-7-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules