Crash landing in a lake!!!!
455 8 2020-7-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
edgeofphotography
lvl.2
United States

Hey everybody I am not a normal post person but need to share this story. On tuesday of this week I crashed my Phantom 3 Adv. into a lake she sunk to the bottom approx. 6 feet under I jumped in and retrieved her knowing full well this was the kiss of death. I pulled the battery and card out and watched as the water drained out. I slow began drying it off with a towel  knowing we had made our last flight together. I chose to bring it home place it in my basement that I run a dehumidifyier in and patiently waited till today 4days I stuck a fresh battery in and hit the button and to my amazment she fired up I then took her out side and I had some hope everything seemed great I sent her up and she is flying like a real champ. I am just really happy this worked out and wanted to tell this story to give others hope that it may be savable after a crash.
2020-7-25
Use props
edgeofphotography
lvl.2
United States

Here is a shot I took right before I crashed her in this body of water....
2020-7-25
Use props
fansb1fe1104
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3372566 ft
United States

edgeofphotography Posted at 7-25 09:22
[view_image] Here is a shot I took right before I crashed her in this body of water....

How did you crash it?
2020-7-25
Use props
edgeofphotography
lvl.2
United States

fansb1fe1104 Posted at 7-25 10:42
How did you crash it?

My mistake not the drone I got to close to a pole and clipped it. and down she went.
2020-7-25
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Congrats!!!!!!!!!
2020-7-25
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sorry to read that
2020-7-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there edgeofphotography. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing this extraordinary experience you had with your DJI Phantom 3 Advanced. Great work and recovery. If in case in the future that your DJI Phantom 3 Advanced is not working properly. Please reach us out through DJI Forum. We are all here to help and support you. By the way the photo you have captured is stunning. Have a safe and a happy flying always.
2020-7-27
Use props
edgeofphotography
lvl.2
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-27 19:41
Hello there edgeofphotography. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing this extraordinary experience you had with your DJI Phantom 3 Advanced. Great work and recovery. If in case in the future that your DJI Phantom 3 Advanced is not working properly. Please reach us out through DJI Forum. We are all here to help and support you. By the way the photo you have captured is stunning. Have a safe and a happy flying always.

Thank you and I will reach out for help good to know there is help out there.
2020-7-28
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

edgeofphotography Posted at 7-28 01:57
Thank you and I will reach out for help good to know there is help out there.

Hi there edgeofphotography. You are very much welcome and thank you for the reply. Again, thank you for your support and keep on flying.
2020-7-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules