511 2 2020-7-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
InfinityAM
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1834429 ft
United Kingdom

Need a little help please.
I have a Phantom 4 (Standard) its approx 3.5yrs old. Still flying as it has had little use.
However, because it hasn't been used for a while and in recently preparing it to sell on, I have discovered a number of issues with it.

1. Unable to update the firmware via the DJI assistant 2 on my laptop, please advise why?

2. When switching it on the remote controller constantly beeps and I've dicovered that it will stop once I calibrate the control sticks (twice!).

3. It will only take off via the screen swipe and not from the 45 degree downward motion of the two sticks (my normal take off operating sequence) on the intial flight. Once it has flown a few times the drone will take off via the two stick motion.

4. When in hovering mode it has a tendancy to drift (ever so slightly - even with no wind) when in GPS mode.

5. When in flight......in operating the control sticks, I have to go in the opposite direction before it allows me to fly in the direction I want to go.
Up and down, forward and back, spin right and spin left are no problem, but when I want to fly left, I have to go right first (just a very short distance) to then go left and vice versa. This is after the sticks have been calibrated as discussed in item 2.

So, my technical friends.............What the f##k is going on with my bird???
Can it be fixed?????
By the way, I'm in the UK, South Wales to be exact so if it needs repairs, I would prefer to use someone in the UK.
2020-7-25
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi InfinityAM, I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties that you encountered. Did there any crash or damage before it behaves like that? You may contact our support team via http://www.dji.com/support to open a case and send it in for a thorough diagnosis, our team will provide further assistance. Thanks.
2020-7-25
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

RE 2, 3, 4, and 5, it sounds like there is something wrong with your RC.  It sounds like the right stick may be loose?  I'd open it up and take a look at it if the warranty is expired.

Good luck
2020-7-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules