1046 14 2020-7-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
StubbornSwiss
lvl.4
Flight distance : 480771 ft
United States

Greetings!

Haven't been able to fly for a while due work. But I did however make up for it today!!

I noticed that the satellite count indicator has changed on the fly screen (using iPad Mini 5), and I'm assuming this was from the last app update. However, I now notice that the numbers and infact the entire indicator is really tiny - I can hardly make out how many sats I have locked in. (Pls see attached).

Is this the same for everyone? Is there something I can change on my screen/device or app?

Thanks for any input.
IMG_0015 (2048 x 1536).jpg
2020-7-25
Use props
Rustic17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

Mine looks like that...
2020-7-25
Use props
Akirasho
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1622238 ft
United States

Tiny on my Samsung phone.  I judge based on the color of the graphic since my eyesight is feeble! Maybe DJI could add a voice prompt for sats with the RTH prompt?.
2020-7-25
Use props
cacike54
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3230748 ft

United States

Same here, too small
2020-7-25
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Get an 8" tablet. No problem for me to read it and my sight is no winner ;-) My ASUS tablet cost me $89 used and works perfectly
2020-7-25
Use props
StubbornSwiss
lvl.4
United States

OK.... so this is normal.

Please DJI..... I really hope you look into this. This is important information that we should be able to see readily and easily. There is enough space to increase the text size so it can be read quickly and easily.

Thank you.
2020-7-25
Use props
ssylca44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 434721 ft
Canada

GaryDoug Posted at 7-25 18:36
Get an 8" tablet. No problem for me to read it and my sight is no winner ;-) My ASUS tablet cost me $89 used and works perfectly

What tablet are you using? Cheers
2020-7-26
Use props
StubbornSwiss
lvl.4
United States

GaryDoug Posted at 7-25 18:36
Hi Gary......

Would it be possible for you to kindly post a screen shot of your flying screen, so I can get an idea of how the satellite numbers look?

Other than this issue, I am very pleased with my iPad Mini 5, but knowing my satellite count is important enough to me to consider another device.

Many thanks!
2020-7-26
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

For the above two posts. I use an ASUS ZenPad Z8S P00J 16GB Wi-Fi + 4G (Verizon) 7.9in Gray Tablet for the MA2 remote and a Samsung Tab A ST-290 for the Mini remote.

ASUS using 16:9 aspect ratio:

2020-7-26
Use props
StubbornSwiss
lvl.4
United States

Thanks for that ultra-fast response.

Looks like its the same size on my iPad Mini.

Still, there is enough space for DJI to increase the font size, in my opinion.

Anyways..... happy boating & droning. Looks beautiful out there!

Stay safe!!
2020-7-26
Use props
Northwood
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2148596 ft
Canada

We've had many "lobbying" threads going about this ridiculous white telemetry over sky except if on a tablet that gives the black bars due to screen size.  

DJI Mods, is there ANY HOPE that someone has taken the hundreds of complaints about this and done something for the next firmware?

Thank you.
2020-7-26
Use props
StubbornSwiss
lvl.4
United States

Northwood Posted at 7-26 19:24
We've had many "lobbying" threads going about this ridiculous white telemetry over sky except if on a tablet that gives the black bars due to screen size.  

DJI Mods, is there ANY HOPE that someone has taken the hundreds of complaints about this and done something for the next firmware?

Totally agree with you!

DJI..... please listen to your customers. Coding/programming is not my forte, but I really don't  see this as something too difficult to do. Plus it is really vital that when we fly, we can easily scan the status of satellite count and battery percentage.

Thank you.
2020-7-27
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. I will forward this thread and recommendation to our designated DJI support team for further attention. Again, I am sorry for the trouble. Thank you.
2020-7-27
Use props
lee82gx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 435049 ft
United States

This is hilarious from DJI Paladin,

To be honest the icons, texts, graphics have become worst and worst with every iteration, and we keep complaining. I'm not 100% sure DJI mods should report back on this as this may well cause it to become even more impossible to read in the next version.
2020-7-28
Use props
fans745dc953
lvl.1
Flight distance : 76198 ft

United States

It’s been 8 months since the original post & the problem still exists. It takes all the fun out of flying when you can’t see what your bird is doing , the telemetry on my iPad mini4 is toooooo dam tiny I’d DJI ever going to come up with a fix?????  Had I know of the problem I never would have bought my mavic mini 2.  I recommend to all my friends & coworkers not to buy until there is a fix. Get off your ass DJI & do something about it!!!!!!
2021-3-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules