Osmo Action Rocksteady mode ON footage jerking, jilting
3364 8 2020-7-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mnliew
lvl.2
Singapore

HI all

I have just recent purchase some filters for the Osmo Action and while I was happy with the filters, I discover my footage was jiltering / jerky while I was filming with it with the Rocksteady on pairing it with the filters ( video setting 4k, 24fps, shutter speed 1/50, iso 100, ND32 ) the end result of the footage were mirco jiltering / jerky in the footage.

Anyone encounter this?
if DJI counld advise me on the topic to remove the jiltering it will be great.
purchased osmo Action is bec of the rocksteady function .
[url=]Jerky footage[/url]
2020-7-25
Use props
ebswift
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10299 ft
Australia

RS doesn't work with filters, you'd need a gimbal.
2020-7-26
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Agree with the above poster.     the camera  is the  issue I am sure not the filters.   Remove the filter problem goes away.
2020-7-26
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

The ISteady Pro work great with the Osmo Action.
2020-7-26
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Could not agree more, low light, board walk, and  always shaky, works like  expected.

2020-7-26
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Flight distance : 810 ft
Philippines

This is not limited to Osmo Action, all the these action cam software stabilizations (Rocksteady,  Hypersmooth etc. etc.) require very high shutter speeds to function. If you try to record in low light, or try to push the shutter speeds down to 180 degree values via filters they will not work. So if you want the stabilization, you have to put up with high shutter speeds. If you want the proper shutter speeds, get a gimbal as suggested (or an Osmo Pocket)
2020-7-26
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

warehouse stores this was whee the Action camera's fail to  smooth video out. so there are tricks to getting it to work, one was to lower your Ev down.
2020-7-26
Use props
Mizzu
lvl.4
Flight distance : 431873 ft
Germany

As soon as you set manual shutter speed with rocksteady enabled, all your footage is crap. I'm very angry about this. And DJI doesn't care to improve/fix this. It worked better in the past though.
2020-7-27
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

on a forum you got that right,   if they really care we see progress, we do not.
2020-7-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules