4264 8 2020-7-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_QewcrzTPoyH0
lvl.1
Flight distance : 109190 ft
Germany

Hello droners,

What will happen if I charge Mavic Mini batteries with fast 40W charger (of my Huawei P30 Pro phone)?
Are there some long term effects on battery life?

Thanks.
2020-7-26
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

It has a the potential of destroying the battery.
2020-7-26
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 7-26 04:41
The batteries will only charge as fast as the battery charge circuitry allows.  Using a 40 watt charger will not harm the batteries, but it may not charge them any faster than the Mini's factory-supplied charger.

The Bird has spoken, it's all you need to hear
2020-7-26
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dirty Bird Posted at 7-26 04:41
The batteries will only charge as fast as the battery charge circuitry allows.  Using a 40 watt charger will not harm the batteries, but it may not charge them any faster than the Mini's factory-supplied charger.

2020-7-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry about charging the DJI Mavic Mini with 40W phone charger. In addition to this DJI recommends using a recommended charger for your DJI Mavic Mini for compatibility purposes. I will post the specifications for the said charger. Have a safe and a happy flying always.

2020-7-27
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

If I am not mistaken DJI allows a slightly faster charger than the one provided, something around 24 Watts. Ideally you want to charge the batteries slowly, the slower the better....
2020-7-27
Use props
zaidahmad22a
New

India

The batteries will only charge as fast as the battery charge circuitry allows Best android chargers online
2021-6-9
Use props
Matthew Daniels
New

Australia

So half of the responses here contradict the other half....

A-Some say the slower the better , and you will kill your batteries if you use a higher-powered charger.
B-and the others say, the device will only draw as much power as it should. which would mean as long as you give it applicable power - it wouldnt matter if you were charging on a 18w or a 118w . its would still only draw the amount of power it needs.

:/ wish i knew which one is true.

I can confirm the DJI mini will support fast charge of 29W. Thats From the DJI team. but of course they dont want to advise anything outside of that to play it safe.
but if B is correct. thats just how electricity works. and it shouldnt matter
2021-12-12
Use props
K6CCC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 651683 ft
United States

The charging circuit will only draw as much current as it is supposed to - regardless of the current available from the source.  Similar example, i have a little security camera that draws about 2 watts from a 5V USB source.  I currently have one hooked to a 5 volt 70 amp power supply.  It still draws about 2 watts.

2021-12-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules