Something inside my air unit camera lens?
3037 19 2020-7-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bezik
lvl.4
Flight distance : 420646 ft
United Kingdom

A dark item suddenly appeared on my feed from my air unit, I cleaned the lens but the item didnt move, no visable damage to the lens and no crashes that would have caused any damage, I cant see anything on the exterior or inside the lens, the camera has never been opened or damaged and all the glue remains intact around the lens housing. Im starting to think something must have fallen onto the sensor inside, has anyone had a problem like this, id rather not open my sealed camera that ive only owned for a couple of weeks but i cant see another solution??

IMG_20200726_113338 reduced size.jpg
2020-7-26
Use props
vpierre30
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5440741 ft
  • >>>
France

i have the same problem, but mine is just a small point
2020-7-26
Use props
Bezik
lvl.4
United Kingdom

vpierre30 Posted at 7-26 11:36
i have the same problem, but mine is just a small point

its annoying isn't it, it just appeared the other day, first i thought it was just a piece of grass on the lens but the lens is clean and I cant see anything that's causing it, ruins the recordings
2020-7-26
Use props
KREMi
Second Officer
  • >>>
Poland

if it's not scratch/chip  on lens, then there is something laying inside on sensor - maybe some leftover from manufacturing time (assuming U did not open camera, as screw "glue" is still in place)
opening camera might let even more dust/small particles inside, so as long as U don't have dust-free cabin/box I would not recommend it.
IMHO ship it back to warranty claim
2020-7-27
Use props
Bezik
lvl.4
United Kingdom

KREMi Posted at 7-27 00:32
if it's not scratch/chip  on lens, then there is something laying inside on sensor - maybe some leftover from manufacturing time (assuming U did not open camera, as screw "glue" is still in place)
opening camera might let even more dust/small particles inside, so as long as U don't have dust-free cabin/box I would not recommend it.
IMHO ship it back to warranty claim

Yeah I'm gonna ring the shop I bought the full dji setup from less than a month ago see what they say, I'm thinking it's gotta be some manufacturing material inside like you said. If I get no joy from the shop I'll open a ticket with dji
2020-7-27
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

That would really .... me off! Definitely take it back to be removed or replaced
2020-7-27
Use props
roady123
lvl.3

Germany

Hi i have the same with 2 black dots one of them is bigger
2020-7-27
Use props
Bezik
lvl.4
United Kingdom

roady123 Posted at 7-27 08:54
Hi i have the same with 2 black dots one of them is bigger

I spoke to the guy at the store i bought it from today and he advised me to open the camera up and clean it out, I said I'd rather not as the lens is glued to the housing and the air unit is only 3 weeks old and opening would invalidate the warranty. I tried to open a ticket with DJI but it didn't recognize the serial number and then i couldn't find a category that matched the problem to open the ticket, I'm hoping the store can sort it out directly with DJI
2020-7-27
Use props
KREMi
Second Officer
  • >>>
Poland

Bezik Posted at 7-27 08:59
I spoke to the guy at the store i bought it from today and he advised me to open the camera up and clean it out, I said I'd rather not as the lens is glued to the housing and the air unit is only 3 weeks old and opening would invalidate the warranty. I tried to open a ticket with DJI but it didn't recognize the serial number and then i couldn't find a category that matched the problem to open the ticket, I'm hoping the store can sort it out directly with DJI

so that guy don't have slightest idea about problem giving advice like that... :/
bad store (or just bad empl.)?
I'm not sure, but DJI should have already Your device serial, as there is a need to activate it with DJI account
2020-7-28
Use props
Bezik
lvl.4
United Kingdom

KREMi Posted at 7-28 03:37
so that guy don't have slightest idea about problem giving advice like that... :/
bad store (or just bad empl.)?
I'm not sure, but DJI should have already Your device serial, as there is a need to activate it with DJI account

yeah but when you try to make a new support ticket it asks for the serial number of the item, i entered the serial from the air unit box and it wouldn't accept it, both my air units are registered on the assistant. I agree about the advice given by the store, im guessing they are more knowledgeable with analogue gear as its one of the main stores here in the uk for FPV gear
edit: I have noticed even here on this forum which is linked to my DJI account it doesnt have any indication about my goggles, air units or controller which are all attached to the same account and when you goto support it only shows my mavic mini as a registered product
2020-7-28
Use props
KREMi
Second Officer
  • >>>
Poland

Bezik Posted at 7-28 03:54
yeah but when you try to make a new support ticket it asks for the serial number of the item, i entered the serial from the air unit box and it wouldn't accept it, both my air units are registered on the assistant. I agree about the advice given by the store, im guessing they are more knowledgeable with analogue gear as its one of the main stores here in the uk for FPV gear
edit: I have noticed even here on this forum which is linked to my DJI account it doesnt have any indication about my goggles, air units or controller which are all attached to the same account and when you goto support it only shows my mavic mini as a registered product

any progress with that thing?
2020-8-1
Use props
Bezik
lvl.4
United Kingdom

KREMi Posted at 8-1 11:35
any progress with that thing?

Yeah the store has emailed dji to see if they can give me a replacement or if they need to send the camera to them for repair
2020-8-1
Use props
KREMi
Second Officer
  • >>>
Poland

for customer best service they should give U a good one and play with DJI replace themself
2020-8-1
Use props
Bezik
lvl.4
United Kingdom

KREMi Posted at 8-1 12:39
for customer best service they should give U a good one and play with DJI replace themself

im just pleased they are doing the communication with dji, luckily i have another dji quad to play with while i wait
2020-8-1
Use props
Marsolator
lvl.1

Australia

Same issue after a heavier than normal landing. My guess it is some adhesive debris that clings to the sensor.
As it is a sealed sensor on the front plate, you may only be able to dislodge the debris with firm taps.

As with most FPV gear - it is a consumable
2020-10-31
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bezik Posted at 8-1 12:44
im just pleased they are doing the communication with dji, luckily i have another dji quad to play with while i wait

Did you get a new one in the end?
2020-11-3
Use props
Bezik
lvl.4
United Kingdom

A J Posted at 11-3 03:21
Did you get a new one in the end?

Nah, DJI didn't authorize the replacement, Im hoping more unauthorized cameras come out for the dji system and hopefully are made better than the official cameras
2020-11-3
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bezik Posted at 11-3 05:05
Nah, DJI didn't authorize the replacement, Im hoping more unauthorized cameras come out for the dji system and hopefully are made better than the official cameras

Not good to hear mate - thanks for the update anyway
2020-11-3
Use props
djiuser_OGE1XxCSaruc
New

China

Are you using 6s battery?  I got the same problem and I thought there might be something wrong with my flight controller's bec
2021-2-6
Use props
Bezik
lvl.4
United Kingdom

djiuser_OGE1XxCSaruc Posted at 2-6 07:26
Are you using 6s battery?  I got the same problem and I thought there might be something wrong with my flight controller's bec

im pretty sure its a small fleck of the black silicone type sealant they use to secure the lens onto the camera body, it moves around when i have a "heavy landing"
2021-2-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules