1153 13 2020-7-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ESchimidt
lvl.4
Flight distance : 310879 ft
Brazil

Hi everyone.
Does someone know the best way to store (3 units). I use only in weekend, I wonder what the best way is. Fully loaded, half loaded or what?
Thank you

2020-7-26
Use props
VanzPix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 229672 ft
France

hi, personally they are always 100% loaded and I leave them in the combo charger. At the moment I don't see any problems even after 1 week of storage
2020-7-26
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

maybe need to consider a best practices since a bunch of these are probably being stores away as the summer wears on and we enjoy some of our other more capable drones (i.e. ma2)
2020-7-26
Use props
jonny007
Second Officer
Germany

I always fly the batteries down to 20% and then recharge them all, whether I fly the next day or only in 1 week. This fuss that you should half-discharge every 10 days, reload and so on is too cumbersome and too stupid for me.
2020-7-26
Use props
Ralle
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11289 ft
Finland

Mavic Mini Intelligent Flight Battery cannot discharge automatically. If the battery will not be used for more than 10 days, it  is  recommended to discharge the battery  manually until the battery level is between 39% and 75%. Specifications of the Intelligent Flight Battery for the Japanese version are different. Refer to the Specifications section for more information. The battery features are the same for all versions of the Mavic Mini Intelligent Flight Battery
2020-7-26
Use props
trader6777
lvl.4
United States

I keep mine at about 50% charged or 2 solid lights + 1 blinking.  You don't have to do that but it will effect battery life.
2020-7-26
Use props
ESchimidt
lvl.4
Brazil

Ralle Posted at 7-26 06:35
Mavic Mini Intelligent Flight Battery cannot discharge automatically. If the battery will not be used for more than 10 days, it  is  recommended to discharge the battery  manually until the battery level is between 39% and 75%. Specifications of the Intelligent Flight Battery for the Japanese version are different. Refer to the Specifications section for more information. The battery features are the same for all versions of the Mavic Mini Intelligent Flight Battery

How do it ''discharge the battery  manually''?
2020-7-26
Use props
trader6777
lvl.4
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 7-26 09:14
The Mini uses a different battery chemistry from that used in other DJI models.  The Mini packs utilize Lithium-ion cells vs Lithium-polymer.  Mini packs do not self-discharge, but Li-Ion cells are not as picky as their Li-po cousins regarding storage.   I charge mine fully & top them off before flying.  The Mini uses the same cells used in most power tools.  I treat my power tool batteries the same & they have held up for many years.

"Mini packs do not self-discharge"

You sure about that? Mine seem to.
2020-7-26
Use props
itchyeyeballs
lvl.4
United Kingdom

ESchimidt Posted at 7-26 07:15
How do it ''discharge the battery  manually''?

If you have the flymore combo then use the duel charger to charge your phone or another device.
2020-7-26
Use props
ESchimidt
lvl.4
Brazil

thank you all !!!
2020-7-27
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there ESchimidt. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have shared. The best best way to store the DJI Mavic Mini's intelligent Fligyt Battery is to discharge the said battery to 40% - 60% if it will not be used for 10 days or more, as it can greatly extend the battery life. Remove the said batteries from the aircraft when stored for an extended period. Store the batteries in clean environment, to avoid stains or dirt stuck in the battery buckles and clean the battery terminals with a clean and dry cloth. In addition, it would be best for you to store your DJI Mavic Mini's Intelligent Flight Batteries on a DJI Battery Safe Bag. The DJI Battery Safe Bag offers reliable storage, and transportation for batteries t can effectively mitigate damage from combustion, reducing the possibility of igniting surrounding objects. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the specifications of the said Safe Bag. Thank you.

https://store.dji.com/product/dj ... on=21&vid=31291
2020-7-27
Use props
ESchimidt
lvl.4
Brazil

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-27 20:54
Hello there ESchimidt. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have shared. The best best way to store the DJI Mavic Mini's intelligent Fligyt Battery is to discharge the said battery to 40% - 60% if it will not be used for 10 days or more, as it can greatly extend the battery life. Remove the said batteries from the aircraft when stored for an extended period. Store the batteries in clean environment, to avoid stains or dirt stuck in the battery buckles and clean the battery terminals with a clean and dry cloth. In addition, it would be best for you to store your DJI Mavic Mini's Intelligent Flight Batteries on a DJI Battery Safe Bag. The DJI Battery Safe Bag offers reliable storage, and transportation for batteries t can effectively mitigate damage from combustion, reducing the possibility of igniting surrounding objects. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the specifications of the said Safe Bag. Thank you.

https://store.dji.com/product/dji-battery-safe-bag?from=search-result-v2&position=21&vid=31291

thank a lot
2020-7-28
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there ESchimidt. Thank you for the reply and you are very much welcome. If you have any inquiries or concerns with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and support you.
2020-7-29
Use props
Skydiver021
lvl.4
Serbia

https://store.dji.com/guides/battery-care-important-think/
2020-7-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules