Mavic Air 2 Battery Melted Into Drone
4738 13 2020-7-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Raptor Drone
lvl.1

Malaysia

Hi All,

I'm looking for some help here. I bought a new DJI Mavic Air 2 drone yesterday here in Penang (Malaysia), and after the second flight today, the battery melted into the drone.

I managed to land after a flight, but then the device had some burned plastic smell, and the battery could not be turned off (hence the drone could not be turned off either). I had to wait for the device to fully drain the battery power. I tried to get the battery out but the eject button did not work.

I had to wait 3 hours and try countless times to get it free. Please check the attached pictures... what should be the next step? Who can help me in this please? This is not the quality of build that I was expecting from DJI.
FYI I've made sure to update to the latest firmware before flying, and I did not experience any issue during the first flight.

Appreciate all the help.

Thanks,
Raptor

elso.jpg
masodik.jpg
harmadik.jpg
negyedik.jpg
otodik.jpg
2020-7-26
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, Raptor Drone. We're sorry to know about this. We highly suggest contacting our Product Support and sending in the aircraft for diagnosis. Kindly click this link in creating a ticket.

Thank you.
2020-7-26
Use props
Raptor Drone
lvl.1

Malaysia

DJI Diana Posted at 7-26 12:12
Hi, Raptor Drone. We're sorry to know about this. We highly suggest contacting our Product Support and sending in the aircraft for diagnosis. Kindly click this link in creating a ticket.

Thank you.

Hi Diana,

I sent an email to support@dji.com, this is the request ID 2940276. I'll update this thread later.
Thank you,
Raptor
2020-7-26
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Raptor Drone Posted at 7-26 17:28
Hi Diana,

I sent an email to , this is the request ID 2940276. I'll update this thread later.

Thank you for your cooperation, Raptor. Our team will reply to you asap in working hours. Hope the case will be solved soon.
2020-7-26
Use props
Raptor Drone
lvl.1

Malaysia

Hi All,

Just to update this thread, I sent the drone today as an express shipment with the charger and charging hub to Iflight Technology Company Limited in Hong Kong as the support requested me. I hope DJI will cover the cost of shipping or compensate me somehow for selling a faulty device that melts the battery in less than one day after purchasing. I was definitely not expecting to have to deal with things like that, especially because I was super careful and followed the instructions on charging etc, didn't have any collision or impact on the drone or the battery. Basically I cannot use my brand new drone because it became unusable in 1 day and I will have to wait for weeks before I can see it (or a replacement) back...
FYI, case number is: CAS-4712792-L2B3T4

Thanks,
Raptor
2020-7-27
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Raptor Drone Posted at 7-27 21:29
Hi All,

Just to update this thread, I sent the drone today as an express shipment with the charger and charging hub to Iflight Technology Company Limited in Hong Kong as the support requested me. I hope DJI will cover the cost of shipping or compensate me somehow for selling a faulty device that melts the battery in less than one day after purchasing. I was definitely not expecting to have to deal with things like that, especially because I was super careful and followed the instructions on charging etc, didn't have any collision or impact on the drone or the battery. Basically I cannot use my brand new drone because it became unusable in 1 day and I will have to wait for weeks before I can see it (or a replacement) back...

I am terribly sorry for the delay, Raptor, we understand your frustration. We are sorry that you may be responsible for the shipping, but I will try to ask the higher department if we can provide any compensation for the inconvenience caused to you.
2020-7-29
Use props
jon841
lvl.3
Flight distance : 135863 ft
  • >>>
United States

Same thing here.
2020-8-9
Use props
Raptor Drone
lvl.1

Malaysia

Sorry to hear man.

On an unrelated note: I'm still waiting for them to receive my drone... so no update on my side, but if I get a response I'll update this thread.
2020-8-9
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Sorry for the case, jon841. Please send the drone and battery back for service.
Please fill out the online repair request on our official web and then send it back. Here is the link: https://repair.dji.com/repair/index
We will do our best to help this out.
2020-8-10
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Raptor Drone Posted at 8-9 18:30
Sorry to hear man.

On an unrelated note: I'm still waiting for them to receive my drone... so no update on my side, but if I get a response I'll update this thread.

Hi Raptor Drone, could you please provide the tracking number to us? We will help to note it on your case.
2020-8-10
Use props
Raptor Drone
lvl.1

Malaysia

DJI Diana Posted at 8-10 00:51
Hi Raptor Drone, could you please provide the tracking number to us? We will help to note it on your case.

Hi Diana,

Thanks, I sent you the tracking number in a personal message. I shared it previously with the support as well in an email. It was updated today by the Malaysian Postal Services that it is en route to Hong Kong.

Thanks,
Raptor
2020-8-10
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Raptor Drone Posted at 8-10 01:54
Hi Diana,

Thanks, I sent you the tracking number in a personal message. I shared it previously with the support as well in an email. It was updated today by the Malaysian Postal Services that it is en route to Hong Kong.

Received with thanks! I will keep an eye on it as well.
2020-8-11
Use props
djiuser_M3tUeKlVTQn7
lvl.2
United States

and the update is.....?
( i have the same problem)
2020-10-14
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

djiuser_M3tUeKlVTQn7 Posted at 10-14 09:33
and the update is.....?
( i have the same problem)

Sorry to know you have the same problem, does the battery have the physical damage? If not, please start a ticket online https://repair.dji.com/repair/index?site=brandsite&from=nav and send back the drone, the battery, the charger and the battery charging hub (if you have), our repair center will help get it solved.
2020-10-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules