Hi new here, so I have a DJI phantom but I don’t know the model...
455 1 2020-7-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
inkbirdie
New

United States

So I'm thinking of selling it and buying a mavic because it's more portable and I feel like I'm not taking full advantage of my drone because I can't really bring it with me and I'm not that good so I'm scared of breaking it. But I can't tell what model it is so I don't know how much I can sell it for. Do you guys think I should just keep it and practice? Or go smaller and if I feel like I need more than upgrade? Btw I'm a college incoming freshman(I got it as a birthday/Hanukkah gift and have only used it like 4 times a year). I'm worried it would take up a lot of space in my dorm, and I also wanna bring my guitar(and I have 1 hour to load everything into my dorm so I need as light as possible). Idk, this is the first time I'm posting about this.
2020-7-26
Use props
Cavu Films
First Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you have the box it should be on the box. There should be some stickers in the battery compartment that will have the serial number. You could start a chat with DJI support and ask them for the information, Sometimes a forum moderator here might even help you.

If size is the main factor then yes the Mavic will save you some storage space. The longer you hang onto your Phantom the lower the sale price will be when/if you want to sell it. You could also purchase a used Mavic to help save some money also. If you have a fear of flying your Phantom you'll have the same fear with a Mavic. They both have the same flight capabilities and similar controls the feeling will be the same. Practice with any drone will help your fear of flying.

Hope this helps and good luck and safe flying.
2020-7-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules