Missing Radar
4089 23 2020-7-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bob37
lvl.4
Flight distance : 260384 ft
United States

My “Aircraft Orientation” often either disappears or is there in red with an “x” though it. This occurs even if very close to home. If I go to the “Map” view, and return to cameral view, it ALWAYS disappears.  How do I make it come back?  It is really a critical thing.

2020-7-26
Use props
Northwood
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2148596 ft
Canada

Seems pretty buggy to me too.  It may have something to do with your mobile device's own compass being out of whack.  Personally I use iOS more than my Android phone and its been okay on my last few flights.
2020-7-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hello bob37, if the app disply a red X between the phone and aircraft navigator, it means that the the aircraft is not connected to the remote controller.
Normally, the display/accuracy of the navigator is affected by the GPS signal of the mobile device and aircraft, it is suggested to go to an open area to check. Besides, as there may be errors in GPS accuracy, when the aircraft is close to the mobile device, the position indicated by the navigator may be less accurate. Please try to to fly a short distance (more than 20 meters), and then the navigator display will be more accurate.
If the issue persists, could you please provide a screen recording video about changing the map and live view and the navigator for further confirmation? Thank you.
2020-7-27
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 7-27 02:20
Hello bob37, if the app disply a red X between the phone and aircraft navigator, it means that the the aircraft is not connected to the remote controller.
Normally, the display/accuracy of the navigator is affected by the GPS signal of the mobile device and aircraft, it is suggested to go to an open area to check. Besides, as there may be errors in GPS accuracy, when the aircraft is close to the mobile device, the position indicated by the navigator may be less accurate. Please try to to fly a short distance (more than 20 meters), and then the navigator display will be more accurate.
If the issue persists, could you please provide a screen recording video about changing the map and live view and the navigator for further confirmation? Thank you.

Good to know - thanks for the info
2020-7-27
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

A J Posted at 7-27 04:10
Good to know - thanks for the info

You're most welcome, A J.
2020-7-27
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 7-27 05:42
You're most welcome, A J.

2020-7-27
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 7-27 02:20

Where are you saying the red x would be if you've lost RC to MA2 connection???  I don't know what you mean when you say "between the phone and aircraft navigator".
2020-7-27
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Rustic17 Posted at 7-27 06:47
Where are you saying the red x would be if you've lost RC to MA2 connection???  I don't know what you mean when you say "between the phone and aircraft navigator".

The radar tuns red with an X in it when affected.
2020-7-27
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
United States

A J Posted at 7-27 06:51
The radar tuns red with an X in it when affected.

So it's not this indication
2020-7-27
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
United States

I think that indication is a bad/poor mobile device GPS signal
2020-7-27
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Rustic17 Posted at 7-27 06:53
So it's not this indication[view_image]

Thats it -which replaces the radar and has a red X underneath
2020-7-27
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
United States

A J Posted at 7-27 07:01
Thats it -which replaces the radar and has a red X underneath

So, instead of the cellphone with bar it would be a red x with the red dashed arc.  And this indication would be generated by the RC since the MA2 isn't connected to it.  And after 11 seconds, the Failsafe RTH should kick in.
2020-7-27
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Rustic17 Posted at 7-27 07:11
So, instead of the cellphone with bar it would be a red x with the red dashed arc.  And this indication would be generated by the RC since the MA2 isn't connected to it.  And after 11 seconds, the Failsafe RTH should kick in.

It's popped up on my screen a few times but quickly disappears and the number of satellites doesn't change so it may have something to do with the the phone rather than the drone. I just ignore it now.
2020-7-27
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Rustic17 Posted at 7-27 06:47

Hi, when there is a red X, between the icon of the aircraft and phone, as screenshot displayed below, it means that the drone is not disconnected. The case you displayed on 9#  is that the GPS signal of the mobile device is weak, please try a different place, and try to remove the case if you have attached it on your mobile device and see if it is recovered. Thank you. 1.png

2020-7-28
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 7-28 02:19
Hi, when there is a red X, between the icon of the aircraft and phone, as screenshot displayed below, it means that the drone is not disconnected. The case you displayed on 9#  is that the GPS signal of the mobile device is weak, please try a different place, and try to remove the case if you have attached it on your mobile device and see if it is recovered. Thank you. [view_image][Image]

Thanks, DJI Susan...
2020-7-28
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Rustic17 Posted at 7-28 05:40
Thanks, DJI Susan...

My pleasure.
2020-7-29
Use props
bob37
lvl.4
United States

My screen now ALWAYS shows the symbol in #9 above.  When the drone was new, it worked perfectly.  The Home location is still perfect.  Should I recalibrate the compass?  My P3A required calibrating the IMU.  I do not see requiring that for my MA2.  It could get harry if i fly far and can't find my way home!  I guess if that happens, it will just return home, but that compass would be nice.  
2020-8-27
Use props
Scott108
lvl.4
Flight distance : 314419 ft
United States

I will speak only for my personal experience with an iPhone 11Pro and MA2, other equipment may be different.....   

if the orientation display NEVER works, it is because the DJI Fly App doesn’t have IOS permission to access GPS.  Go to Settings, Privacy, Location Services, and make sure “DJI Fly” is allowed to use Location.

If the orientation display initially works then turns red during flight....  Try moving or tilting the phone!  In my experience, if you are standing in one spot and not moving, the iPhone will stop reporting GPS data and the DJI fly app will be unable to update the orientation indicator.  A quick lateral or orientation change of the phone will “wake up” the iPhone GPS, and the DJI Fly app will immediately display the correct orientation data again.
2020-8-27
Use props
bob37
lvl.4
United States

BRILLIAT Scott108!  Mine was turned to "never"!  How that happened i have no idea.  I will fly tomorrow and bet it will work now!  THANK YOU.  
2020-8-27
Use props
bob37
lvl.4
United States

Scott108 Posted at 8-27 18:07
I will speak only for my personal experience with an iPhone 11Pro and MA2, other equipment may be different.....   

if the orientation display NEVER works, it is because the DJI Fly App doesn’t have IOS permission to access GPS.  Go to Settings, Privacy, Location Services, and make sure “DJI Fly” is allowed to use Location.

It finally stopped raining long enough to fly!  Your solution worked PERFECTLY!  Now the orientation display works perfectly.  
Thank you.  
2020-8-31
Use props
Scott108
lvl.4
Flight distance : 314419 ft
United States

bob37 Posted at 8-31 18:51
It finally stopped raining long enough to fly!  Your solution worked PERFECTLY!  Now the orientation display works perfectly.  
Thank you.

Fantastic, glad to hear you got it working.  Happy flying!
2020-9-1
Use props
BKahuna
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7425909 ft
United States

bob37 Posted at 8-27 13:53
My screen now ALWAYS shows the symbol in #9 above.  When the drone was new, it worked perfectly.  The Home location is still perfect.  Should I recalibrate the compass?  My P3A required calibrating the IMU.  I do not see requiring that for my MA2.  It could get harry if i fly far and can't find my way home!  I guess if that happens, it will just return home, but that compass would be nice.

Do you have location services on your phone turned off?  I usually keep the GPS on my phone shut off because I don't think it's any of Google's business where I am.  If I forget to turn it back on before I fly, I get that icon.

Usually I have to turn location services on and then restart DJI Fly to make it go away.
2020-9-2
Use props
bob37
lvl.4
United States

My Radar is gone again.  I have "Location Services" turned on and DJI Fly is turned on.  Now the radar is gone, but the little map is now much larger and shows the paper airplane and line back to the home point, but with no radar i do not know where to point my antenna.  Ugh.  Is there a setting somewhere in DJI Fly to set these things?  
2021-1-23
Use props
cLaNzKiLLeR
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1360007 ft
Malaysia

bob37 Posted at 1-23 17:00
My Radar is gone again.  I have "Location Services" turned on and DJI Fly is turned on.  Now the radar is gone, but the little map is now much larger and shows the paper airplane and line back to the home point, but with no radar i do not know where to point my antenna.  Ugh.  Is there a setting somewhere in DJI Fly to set these things?

it has been replaced with new ATTITUDE INDICATOR.

and for what it is all aabout.
2021-1-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules