Nd filters
756 14 2020-7-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SKyHigh05
lvl.2
Flight distance : 60364 ft
Malaysia

Hi guys, would like to ask those who have tried the ND filters for MM. i know that there are a lot of them out there, but mostly is just not up to the task i guess.

Would like yo get some suggestions or a link would be much appreciated.

Alternatively if there is a view that such filters should not be used and that it is advised to edit in post, it is also welcome. Ive tried color correcting in post, but just cant get what i want.

Thanks.
2020-7-27
Use props
Dmitry Vishnevskiy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 588635 ft
Russia

I use PGY Tech ND8-ND64. Neutral color, easy postprocessing...
2020-7-27
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A proper ND filter should not affect the colour of the footage hence the N stands for neutral. One of my friends flies the Mini and he also bought the PGY tech filters which seem to do the job.
2020-7-27
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there SKyHigh05. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have shared. I hope that you will get the best recommendation on what is the best brand of ND filter for the DJI Mavic Mini from our fellow DJI co pilots who owns the said DJI Drone. Again, thank you for your support and fly safe always.
2020-7-28
Use props
SKyHigh05
lvl.2
Malaysia

Dmitry Vishnevskiy Posted at 7-27 01:56
I use PGY Tech ND8-ND64. Neutral color, easy postprocessing...

Hi, thanks for the feedback. I was looking forward to the fstops. But i guess the addition of the polarizer has an effect on the gimbal, referring to the reviews.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08198F4SL/ref=dp_cerb_2

At the moment, i am already using an UV, but have had no issues. Guess have to opt for the Pgytech.
2020-7-28
Use props
SKyHigh05
lvl.2
Malaysia

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-28 01:27
Hello there SKyHigh05. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have shared. I hope that you will get the best recommendation on what is the best brand of ND filter for the DJI Mavic Mini from our fellow DJI co pilots who owns the said DJI Drone. Again, thank you for your support and fly safe always.

Thanks Stephen. The feedback does help a lot.
2020-7-28
Use props
SKyHigh05
lvl.2
Malaysia

A J Posted at 7-27 02:00
A proper ND filter should not affect the colour of the footage hence the N stands for neutral. One of my friends flies the Mini and he also bought the PGY tech filters which seem to do the job.

Thanks. I am looking at ones in Amazon, hope they are not fakes. Any idea in as to the price range ? So that i dont make a wrong choice.
2020-7-28
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

SKyHigh05 Posted at 7-28 01:32
Thanks. I am looking at ones in Amazon, hope they are not fakes. Any idea in as to the price range ? So that i dont make a wrong choice.

Prices vary considerably mate depending on brand - the pgy tech Nd's for the mini will be around £15 for one or £50 for a set of four.
2020-7-28
Use props
Dmitry Vishnevskiy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 588635 ft
Russia

SKyHigh05 Posted at 7-28 01:29
Hi, thanks for the feedback. I was looking forward to the fstops. But i guess the addition of the polarizer has an effect on the gimbal, referring to the reviews.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08198F4SL/ref=dp_cerb_2

I have a set of ND-PL filters for Mavic Air. My opinion is that a polarizer for a drone is an absolutely useless option. For the correct use of polarization, the filter must be rotated at a certain angle, which is impossible in flight. In addition, with a polarizing filter, the tone of the sky changes dramatically when the drone turns relative to the sun.
2020-7-28
Use props
itchyeyeballs
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Dmitry Vishnevskiy Posted at 7-28 01:49
I have a set of ND-PL filters for Mavic Air. My opinion is that a polarizer for a drone is an absolutely useless option. For the correct use of polarization, the filter must be rotated at a certain angle, which is impossible in flight. In addition, with a polarizing filter, the tone of the sky changes dramatically when the drone turns relative to the sun.

I'd agree with the PL filters being useless on a drone.

I got these and have had no problems at all
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/prod ... 0?ie=UTF8&psc=1
2020-7-28
Use props
SKyHigh05
lvl.2
Malaysia

Dmitry Vishnevskiy Posted at 7-28 01:49

Much appreciate the facts provided. I could  have made a costly mistake. As i had never used a CPL in a drone, i could not picture the outcome. This helps. Thank you.
2020-7-28
Use props
SKyHigh05
lvl.2
Malaysia

A J Posted at 7-28 01:37
Prices vary considerably mate depending on brand - the pgy tech Nd's for the mini will be around £15 for one or £50 for a set of four.

Thank you for the information.
2020-7-28
Use props
SKyHigh05
lvl.2
Malaysia

itchyeyeballs Posted at 7-28 02:17
I'd agree with the PL filters being useless on a drone.

I got these and have had no problems at all

Ahh, a link. Its always helpful. Thank you. Sunnycool !  There much of these on sale at my local stores. As a matter of fact, i have the UV from this make. The Uv has had no issues with the gimble or risk of falling off, but experienced flare while the MM was against the sun.  
2020-7-28
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

SKyHigh05 Posted at 7-28 19:22
Thank you for the information.

You’re welcome
2020-7-29
Use props
sv3n
lvl.2
Flight distance : 35833 ft
Germany

I have the freewell set of 10 filters (normal & bright day + ND1000, ND2000). Using most of the time the CPL and the ND4-ND16. Had sometimes a blurry/ outwashed part in one of the corners, but could be easily cropped away.
But I have to admit I use my mini more for taking pictures than videos until now, probably during the next holiday I´m doing some more videos.

2020-7-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules