Split video file into hundreds of small files
1638 7 2020-7-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ryder25
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10656 ft
Romania

Hi! I have an Osmo Action and it split my video into very short and small pieces. Like 0:01 (1 second) files with 3-4-7Mb each. And I have thousands of those files for 3 clips. Why?

Also, I can preview the video on the Osmo camera correctly, but when I connect the USB or Mimo app it will show either hundreds of small files or not work at all (Loading failed into Mimo app)

Any ideas?

2020-7-27
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

tell us your settings, .  
2020-7-27
Use props
Ryder25
lvl.1
Romania

It's not settings related, it's a bug. I have a few more clips that were recorded correctly with the same settings. Unfortunately I lost good footage because of this.  I understand splitting a file when it reaches 4Gb due to filesystem settings, but splitting it in 3-7Mb pieces is ridiculous!
2020-7-27
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this issue. I will forward this thread and concern to out designated DJI support team for further attention. Again, I am sorry for the trouble. Thank you.
2020-7-28
Use props
Ryder25
lvl.1
Romania

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-28 22:16
Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this issue. I will forward this thread and concern to out designated DJI support team for further attention. Again, I am sorry for the trouble. Thank you.

I am putting aside the affected memory card and waiting for a solution.Thanks!
2020-7-28
Use props
peiter
Second Officer
Denmark

Sound like a memory card issue to me, what brand / model do you use ?
Have it worked fine before ??
Where did you get the memory card from ???
2020-7-29
Use props
Ryder25
lvl.1
Romania

That would be my first guess. Card has been working well, I have two of them. 128Gb Samsung memory card. Purchased from a large reseller in my country.
2020-7-29
Use props
peiter
Second Officer
Denmark

Well i would still test it with something like H2testw and SD formatter ( full format / overwrite )

I have myself had memory cards die on me before i got to fill them up one time, and here we talk about top of the line fast U3 cards from Transcend and PNY, 64 GB cards that back then was more expensive than the 256 GB Kingston canvas plus  A1 - V30 card i got a few weeks ago.
And we have also just on another forum had a guy whose memory card suddenly dropped to like 1/10 of the write speed it was supposed to have, but he did manage to restore that sucker by running it thru SD formatter a whopping 2 times before it tested as it should again.

As a tester ( dashcams and action ) i currently have a new dashcam that is problematic too, if i set it to record 10 minute segments it work flawless, but if i use my preferred 3 min segments it some times stop recording, and then always make the last recordings 1 second long, and then just 2 of the 3 cameras in the system.
The issue are not heat or power related so it must be hardware, but sadly hardware not least novatek i am not of much help with, so the guys at that company have to crack that nut them self.
2020-7-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules