Mobile SDK 4.13 API Changes
2596 11 2020-7-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI_Lisa
lvl.4
Hong Kong

After reading release notes found here: https://developer.dji.com/mobile-sdk/downloads/ you can find out more by downloading the SDK and reading the diff files

First download the SDK, then look under file named "docs", then "SDK Headers Diff" (iOS) or "SDK API Diff" (Android) and locate the most recent version change.  In this case it is "4.12_4.13.html" - open it and you'll find a list of API changes, APIs removed and APIs added.  So in the case of a version update that supports a product for the first time, the APIs added section can be very important in narrowing down the search of APIs made specifically for the drone.

For your convenience, I've converted these to a PDF and attached them - enjoy!

(iOS)4.12_4.13_diff.html.pdf

54.77 KB, Down times: 64

(Android)4.12_4.13_diff.html.pdf

152.01 KB, Down times: 87

2020-7-27
Use props
djiuser_QPH5zrGxhHh6
lvl.2

United States

Hi Lisa, Is it true that Waypoints are not supported for the mini in the 4.13 release?
2020-7-28
Use props
DJI_Chachi
lvl.2
United States

djiuser_QPH5zrGxhHh6 Posted at 7-28 11:47
Hi Lisa, Is it true that Waypoints are not supported for the mini in the 4.13 release?

Yes, Waypoints are not supported on the Mini but it's a hardware limitation not an SDK limitation.  https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... &extra=page%3D1
2020-7-28
Use props
djiuser_o8DTExuMJdEN
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3228 ft
Switzerland

Hi Lisa,

I am currently testing the new sdk in my android application and if Air Data can't analyse the SDK generated log files. I also tried viewing the log files in the dji pilot app by copying them in the flight record folder of the dji app (which used to work with the older sdks, provided the dji accounts where the same), but that didn't help either. Do you know why this is the case.
2020-7-29
Use props
DJI_Chachi
lvl.2
United States

djiuser_o8DTExuMJdEN Posted at 7-29 06:48
Hi Lisa,

I am currently testing the new sdk in my android application and if Air Data can't analyse the SDK generated log files. I also tried viewing the log files in the dji pilot app by copying them in the flight record folder of the dji app (which used to work with the older sdks, provided the dji accounts where the same), but that didn't help either. Do you know why this is the case.

Hi there - it's because the flight logs are encrypted and not supposed to be read.  They are intended to be passed to DJI Support, if a pilot has a warranty issue on their drone.  In the 4.12 release, some security patches were made on the flight logs, so it's possible that is what you're experiencing.
2020-7-29
Use props
djiuser_o8DTExuMJdEN
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3228 ft
Switzerland

DJI_Chachi Posted at 7-29 16:54
Hi there - it's because the flight logs are encrypted and not supposed to be read.  They are intended to be passed to DJI Support, if a pilot has a warranty issue on their drone.  In the 4.12 release, some security patches were made on the flight logs, so it's possible that is what you're experiencing.

Hi,
Thanks for you reply. What seems weird for me about this is, that I could easily copy the FlightRecord files of the DJI Pilot App directly from the Android System and import them to AirData without an Issue. It sounds a bit weird to me that the encryption would only be there for the MSDK and not for the DJI Pilot app (this was also on the newest version).
2020-7-29
Use props
RogerDH
lvl.1
Flight distance : 33888 ft
United States

The Litchi app has camera controls for sharpness, saturation, and contrast. They have a beta version for the Mavic Mini now but I'm not a tester -- does anyone know if those controls will work in the Mini? (And if so, can we expect to see those controls in DJI Fly soon?)
2020-8-24
Use props
DJI_Lisa
lvl.4
United States

RogerDH Posted at 8-24 08:37
The Litchi app has camera controls for sharpness, saturation, and contrast. They have a beta version for the Mavic Mini now but I'm not a tester -- does anyone know if those controls will work in the Mini? (And if so, can we expect to see those controls in DJI Fly soon?)

You can ask about DJI Fly here in this forum: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... peid&typeid=565
2020-8-24
Use props
RogerDH
lvl.1
Flight distance : 33888 ft
United States

DJI_Lisa Posted at 8-24 10:54
You can ask about DJI Fly here in this forum: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=forumdisplay&fid=129&filter=typeid&typeid=565

Thanks, I'll do that, but I'm still curious if the API has interfaces that allow Litchi to implement those controls on the Mini? If Litchi does support those, I may buy it, but if it doesn't, then I wouldn't expect to see them in DJI Fly either.
2020-8-25
Use props
djiuser_3gfJyp3wQrEH
New

Japan

How can I integrate mobile SDK v4.13.1 into my application?
My application is Android Studio v4.0.1.

I followed the Integrate SDK into Application tutorial and I get an error.
2020-8-25
Use props
DJI_Lisa
lvl.4
Hong Kong

djiuser_3gfJyp3wQrEH Posted at 8-25 07:36
How can I integrate mobile SDK v4.13.1 into my application?
My application is Android Studio v4.0.1.

You should break this out into it's own forum topic and include the error
2020-8-25
Use props
djiuser_vxCJta5X5CTK
lvl.1

Russia

Hello, there is a critical bug in versions 4.13 and 4.13.1. The Mavic 2 Dual does not work in these versions. When I try to change the video type from a regular camera to a thermal imager, I get a "Not Supported" error. Code like this works completely for version 4.12.

camera.setDisplayMode(SettingsDefinitions.DisplayMode.VISUAL_ONLY,djiError -> {
                    if(djiError != null) showToast(djiError.getDescription());
                });
2020-8-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules