Need Administrative Assistance Please?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TCDrone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2710732 ft
United States

Hello!  I have searched on YouTube and have been troubleshooting for two days.  Nothing I’ve tried so far is not working.
My P3A Remote is acting strangely.  Ok, here’s what’s happening and what I have tried.
When you power on the remote it flashes 1 (one) white light and then begins to beep continuously.  When I connect to charger to the remote with remote power off it starts to charge and after about three seconds it shuts down.   I have tried the following:  1)- Removed the back By unplugging the three ribbon connectors and unplugged the snap on connected at bottom left.  Put it all back together and  No Change.  2)- Powered on the Remote and then tried to charge until the second white light started blinking.  Never got to that because after about 5 minutes it shut down.
3)- Held down the C1, C2, and Shutter Buttons all simultaneously.  No Change?
It’s probably been a year since I’ve used this Remote and Drone.  Could this have any affect on the Remote?
Any guidance concerning this matter will be greatly appreciated!  Thank you in advance!

Sincerely,
TCDrone

2020-7-27
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

these things usually happen when leaving the devices without using a long period, you have to check them even if they are not used
2020-7-27
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. Since the DJI Phantom 3 Advance remote controller was stored for a long time the battery may have over discharged. Kindly please charge the said remote controller for about 3 hours. If issue still persists, please contact our DJI support team to further diagnose and repair the said battery. Please not the repair cost will depend on the warranty period of the said remote controller; otherwise, valid charges will apply. Thank you.
2020-7-29
Use props
TCDrone
lvl.3
United States

DJI Paladin,  Thank you for your response.  When I try to charge the remote it stops after about 5 minutes.  Should I just leave it on charge?
2020-7-30
Use props
TCDrone
lvl.3
United States

Hello DJI Paladin!  Concerning the video I have posted below, what did he do by heating the elements and resisters inside the Remote Controller?
I tried to charge the Remote as you suggested but it just keeps shutting off.  Please Help!
Thanks,
TCDrone

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zQyhUMSlw1E
2020-8-1
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

TCDrone Posted at 8-1 14:07
Hello DJI Paladin!  Concerning the video I have posted below, what did he do by heating the elements and resisters inside the Remote Controller?
I tried to charge the Remote as you suggested but it just keeps shutting off.  Please Help!
Thanks,

If you wanty his attention, you must reply to his thread, otherwise he does not get notified.
2020-8-1
Use props
TCDrone
lvl.3
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-29 20:54
Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. Since the DJI Phantom 3 Advance remote controller was stored for a long time the battery may have over discharged. Kindly please charge the said remote controller for about 3 hours. If issue still persists, please contact our DJI support team to further diagnose and repair the said battery. Please not the repair cost will depend on the warranty period of the said remote controller; otherwise, valid charges will apply. Thank you.

Thanks,
TCDrone

2020-8-1
Use props
TCDrone
lvl.3
United States

Geebax Posted at 8-1 14:31
If you wanty his attention, you must reply to his thread, otherwise he does not get notified.

Thank you very much!  
2020-8-1
Use props
TCDrone
lvl.3
United States

TCDrone Posted at 8-1 15:32
Thanks,

Thanks,
TCDrone

2020-8-1
Use props
cheddar-man
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44062 ft

United Kingdom

Ummm, I can see absolutely no advantage of heating the internal PCB';s with a hot-air gun unless there is evidence of moisture in there.
Even then I would only address the situation by dabbing all the PCB's with a soft cloth with WD40 (or similar) on it.
He did no tests on the battery itself to check its residual voltage.

You might want to check the battery voltage, just open the RC, unplug the battery and check its voltage. It is a two cell LiPo so should read between 3.6V~3.9V per cell - 7.2 - 7.6v
If your battery shows below 6v (3v per cell) it has been discharged below its minimum recommended level and needs replacing.
There are several places on line where you can buy replacements and also videos showing how to do it.

Having said that, there are methods of reclaiming such batteries but it can be dangerous and I personally would not recommend playing with it. Buy a new one.
2020-8-1
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

cheddar-man Posted at 8-1 23:46
Ummm, I can see absolutely no advantage of heating the internal PCB';s with a hot-air gun unless there is evidence of moisture in there.
Even then I would only address the situation by dabbing all the PCB's with a soft cloth with WD40 (or similar) on it.
He did no tests on the battery itself to check its residual voltage.

This heating of the PCB came up when someone posted that he used a hot air gun to run over the PCB and it supposedly caused a re-flow of one of the solder joints and that fixed his problem.

But it is a dangerous technique in the hands of an unskilled person, and can VERY easily go wrong. Don't do it.
2020-8-3
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

TCDrone Posted at 8-1 15:32
Thanks,

I am sorry to know that the issue still persists after completing this troubleshooting step, With regards to this concern. The battery may have been damaged due to over discharged. Kindly please contact our DJI support team to start up a ticket to further diagnose the said remote controller. Thank you.
2020-8-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules