My plea for saving the Sphere pictures to the SD card!
991 1 2020-7-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

EVEN in case the Sphere process gets interrupted!

Again, I like the AIR 2 option for Spheres, to get a complete Sphere quick and direct out of the bird.
Which is not really an option, 'cause we can't switch that off. We even have to switch on the save ALL 26 Sphere pictures in jpg OR raw.
So I did that and got my single pictures PLUS the "flat sphere", which can get uploaded right away to Skypixel, Kuula, other 360 websites, send via messenger, watched as Sphere on any device!
So far, so good.

But: Aside that I thought (still think), that I have started to fly the bird during the 50-100% stitching/saving process and STILL got my Pano folder with 26 shots, I had last week a couple of Spheres gone missing!
I found out the other day, that every touch/movement to the RC sticks will (was) kill(ing) the process.
And not like I thought, that DJI deactivated them for the capturing, and for afterwards, during stitching, just stops the video/photo functions, but let us start positon the bird again

Ok, that might habe reasons in the needed CPU power for hover and capturing and for stitching the Sphere.
And it has a easy workaround: DON'T touch the remote during that process ;-)
Works fine.

There is just one other point:
Even in case there is a reason for interrupting, like a battery level/RTH, ..., AFTER the pictures are taken, in the 50-100% of the process's timeframe, the pictures are gone!

I would like to know, if that has a reason or is just coded, but could be changed!(Please, DJI, please change it)

Cause With the pictures on the SD, you/we can do something.

Also with even the auto Sphere, there is a lot more to get.
That is, why I have attached some pictures:

Kamala, Phuket, Version 1: Air 2

Kamala, Phuket, Version 2: stitched on PC

Plus from the same site the "flat Panos"
The one from Air 2 (no chance to change the perspective afterwards, the bird is doing that by picture order)
0229-00-flat.JPG

Pc-stitched, centered
0229-01-flat-pano-8192.jpg

And other options created with ICE
0229-04-16-9.JPG

0229-02-16-9.JPG

2020-7-27
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>