679 2 2020-7-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
silpheedx
lvl.2
Flight distance : 11936 ft
United States

Hello;
I just had a random idea. So the very last thing keeping some people from switching to DJI goggles is the racing aspect. Some people say the latency is a barely noticble variable but still a variable that makes them loose a 10th of a second on lap times.
Now for me it seems like this is similar to FPS shooters. A proffessional FPS gamer will need that 144mhz refresh rate monitor with the game running at exactly the same framerate for them to get that 1/100th of a second gain over there opononants.
For 90% of us its a total non issue. But for the select few high end racers its very important. Everything comes down to 1/100th of a second gains.
So I was thinking.
What if you made a "Race Mode" that cut the resolution in half and the mbps down to like 10 or below. That way you can shrink the latency down to below what the analogue systems are capable of. It would still be a clearer image than the analogue goggles I would imagine or at least on the same level.
In any event. Just a random thought.
Keep up the awesome work.

2020-7-28
Use props
Fritz Wlan
lvl.2

Germany

You misunderstand many things here. Cutting down image quality and bandwidth will not result in lower latency. The main problem is not the latency in general. It is quite low, not the best, but enough to race. The problem is the variability and that no official race regulations support the equal use of dji hd because it can not freely be monitored and used without analog interception.
2020-7-28
Use props
silpheedx
lvl.2
Flight distance : 11936 ft
United States

Fritz Wlan Posted at 7-28 12:19
You misunderstand many things here. Cutting down image quality and bandwidth will not result in lower latency. The main problem is not the latency in general. It is quite low, not the best, but enough to race. The problem is the variability and that no official race regulations support the equal use of dji hd because it can not freely be monitored and used without analog interception.

Ahhh haaaa. I do misunderstand many things. Fair enough.
But!!!
If it were even lower could it not get to a point where the variability is no longer a thing. Much like in games when you start to get up to and above 90 fps. It may bounce all over but its so high that it is utter inperceptable even by the highest teir pro?
Also, you can intercept and show a dji air unit signal very easily with the right equipment.

2020-7-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules