Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Air 2 and Smart Controller
1320 7 2020-7-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MalikDixon55
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1387402 ft
  • >>>
United States

Question: When is the next firmware update for the Mavic Air 2 for use of the smart controller. It has been a while since I have purchased the Mavic Air 2 and would like to have it work with the Smart Controller. Please advice.
2020-7-28
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I think it's going to be a while yet. Although stranger things have happened.
2020-7-28
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

If I were a betting person, I would bet on there being a new smart controller compatible with the new DJI Fly app. 64bit versus 32bit and all that issue. Probably not good for folks who already own one.
2020-7-28
Use props
OldPoppie
New
United States

GaryDoug Posted at 7-28 19:06
If I were a betting person, I would bet on there being a new smart controller compatible with the new DJI Fly app. 64bit versus 32bit and all that issue. Probably not good for folks who already own one.

I have several DJI drones the last being the Mavic Air 2. I have a brand new Smart controller and bought it because DJI said they would do a update to work with the Air 2. If they don't or can't, I will not purchase no more DJI products. A brand is only as good as it's support. Big investment for a paper weight!
2020-7-28
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there MalikDixon55. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have shared with us. I am sorry that the DJI Smart Controller is not yet compatible with the DJI Mavic Air 2, our DJI engineers are still working on it. In addition, DJI Mavic Air 2 will be compatible with the DJI Smart Controller through a future firmware update in the future. Kindly please stay tuned to the latest update by visiting out official website at www.dji.com for more details. Thank you.
2020-7-29
Use props
MalikDixon55
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

OldPoppie Posted at 7-28 23:45
I have several DJI drones the last being the Mavic Air 2. I have a brand new Smart controller and bought it because DJI said they would do a update to work with the Air 2. If they don't or can't, I will not purchase no more DJI products. A brand is only as good as it's support. Big investment for a paper weight!

In my opinion, DJI released the information on the Mavic Air 2 and the Smart controller too early. Maybe it is because of a marketing ploy to sell more Mavic Air 2 and Smart Controllers. You are correct in saying the brand is only as good as its support.  I am patient and I will wait for the firmware update that is taking far too long. DJI has a lot on their plates with the rise of Skydio 2 and the US government is trying to reduce DJI sales margin due to false security speculations.
2020-8-2
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-29 00:09
Hello there MalikDixon55. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have shared with us. I am sorry that the DJI Smart Controller is not yet compatible with the DJI Mavic Air 2, our DJI engineers are still working on it. In addition, DJI Mavic Air 2 will be compatible with the DJI Smart Controller through a future firmware update in the future. Kindly please stay tuned to the latest update by visiting out official website at www.dji.com for more details. Thank you.

I have read this exact message 100 times on here.  The least you could do would be to form an original answer and not copy and paste the same answer every time.  People want this update.  You must be able to understand the frustration with the lack of communication and the overall vagueness of the answers given.
2020-8-2
Use props
MalikDixon55
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Oracle Miata Posted at 8-2 07:54
I have read this exact message 100 times on here.  The least you could do would be to form an original answer and not copy and paste the same answer every time.  People want this update.  You must be able to understand the frustration with the lack of communication and the overall vagueness of the answers given.

I am with Oracle Miata on this one. The is a lot of talk (or words) but no sign of a firmware update.
2020-8-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules