DJI Pilot Requires Account login to work?
3370 4 2020-7-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Droning 24/7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2310082 ft
  • >>>
United States

Over the past few years I've flown my M2E only on several occasions here and there, maybe 20/30 times. I have a dedicated Samsung S8 that I keep the wifi off and in airplane mode that I use for the dji pilot app. If I don't fly for say a couple of months, when I go to fly and launch the dji pilot app on the S8, the app won't run until I log into my dji account..........Afterwards, perhaps few days, maybe few weeks or so I guess if I fly again, no log in is required, the app boots into the dji pilot program without account log in......... That is unless I don't fly  for a few months seems, then the app AGAIN requires a wifi connection and the dji account logged into AGAIN, this has happened perhaps 10 times over the few years I'v ehad the M2E, anyone have this issue?

This isn't a good feature and not even close to acceptable, horrible in fact!! If I have to pack it up and don't have wifi to log into my account where I need to fly it!! I won't be able to use the app? Why is it even doing this?     

2020-7-28
Use props
rwynant V1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

There are occasionally updates to the DJI login system......which means you get automatically logged out,  on occasion.

Make sure during the preflight checks you do before you leave your home, check to be sure you're logged in.

Randy

2020-7-29
Use props
Droning 24/7
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I am occasionally logged out of what? My account?

If my S8 wifi/cellular is shut off at power up and is NEVER turned on, the RC and the AC never are able connect to the internet, how does the pilot app then know.......

1) I was even logged out and when?........Recall, the phone's internet commuications are all turned off all the time.

2) Their is an update?..........Recall, the phone's internet commuications are all turned off all the time.

Seems to me if there is no connection/communication via my phone to anything internet, how does anything (the app) know I was logged out of or into or otherwise on this planet when I powered up? It can't...

This makes no sense.......I fly the same way each time, no internet and it's fine, the pilot app fires right up....... How is it then, I happen to wait a month or two, get "logged out" at some point and if the internet connection on the S8 is still off as always, it wants logged in? The app/AC/RC can't know it was logged out, impossible, it has had no internet communtications for every flight previous and none now with the current flight it is refusing to run/open the app on!!

What is happening is the local pilot app(running in the phone) is coded to time out(runs for so long) and/or so many flights and goes non-usuable until it sees a DJI server. To continue, it then wants/forces you to connect(log in) to the internet/DJI servers where it handshakes and transfers data(?). It appears to do this this every so offten and its total BS!!

Once we buy and register our new AC's with DJI, we should be off the DJI hook and fly without being forced to log in to their servers, I have to always remember to check in with mom when I go to fly with the pilot app?

Sure, like on the way out the door(every time now mind you), perhpas a time critical event as it is a enterprise drone, STOP THE BUS! Open up the case, get the bird out, unfold it, put a battery in, take off the camera protecter(hate the camera spazzing out in the protector), boot it up. Get the RC out, unfold it, boot it up, get the phone, power/boot it up, slide it in the RC, plug in the usb cable, launch the app, wait till(or even if?) the app asks to log in, allow the phone to connect to wifi/cellular (if any, HUGE PROBLEM HERE DJI, if no internet in present location, I'm SOL with your M2ED bird now, the app is a key critical feature! oh wait, you knew this?), log in and POOF, mom says its okay now, go play!!! ......Total total BS!!

I beleive the DJI Go app at some point back( i might be mistaken and it's always been the pilot app just with other DJI AC's)  in time was coded in this way and was a problem for many people because they weren't always in wifi/cell range to "log in" and ask mom's permission to fly with the app, it since has been changed I beleive as neither my M2Z or M2P both flying as I do with the M2ED having NO internet connection ever require a "log in" to use the DJI Go app, even if they have sat for months!

DJI, perhaps this can be fixed(FW updated out) or I'm overlooking a setting somewhere?  

2020-7-29
Use props
TCSO 511
New

United States

Droning 24/7 Posted at 2020-7-29 12:55
I am occasionally logged out of what? My account?

If my S8 wifi/cellular is shut off at power up and is NEVER turned on, the RC and the AC never are able connect to the internet, how does the pilot app then know.......

I am curious to how your situation worked out. I fly a Matrice 610 for a law enforcement agency, and at best, it appears that it's a lottery if the bird will fly or not. That is NOT good equipment to have in our line of work.
2021-5-11
Use props
Droning 24/7
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

It still does this same BS of requiring me to login to my account to use the pilot app after being off for so long..........In fact, just the other day I tried again after I left it in the box for 4/5'ish months, AND AS ALWAYS and as every time before, I never ever let it connected to the internet when I last flew it (of course unless the flight dates back far enough that the pilot app required to log in the the DJI server), the AC and the RC boot up just fine BUT the APP won't go past the log-in, I've tried everthing, no internet, no luck!!!...........If I didn't have wi-fi or mobile,  I'm SOL using the app., STUPID, STUPID, STUPID design..........Or is it? Seems someone thinks they need to know, on occasion, when and where I use their pilot app to fly their M2E....

Once the pilot app logs me in to my account and mother says "OKAY",I INSTANTLY shut off the internet and POOF.......I can(do) fly day after day, time after time without internet AND being re-required to log in.......That is unless it sits too long, seems 3 months or more perhaps.

Same no internet method used with my M2P and my M2Z and they NEVER do this with their "DJI Go" app........They can (do) sit forever in their boxes, they (the RC and AC) both boot up and I go right into the "go app" every time......No log in needed, no internet needed, no nothing........they fly no problem!!

2021-5-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules