What would cause a shift from "Go Home" to "Landing"?
591 6 2020-7-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JTSmith1978
lvl.1
United States

I have flown my Mavic Pro Platinum Drone many times over the past few weeks. Well, last night while flying i got the low battery warning, but instead of returning to home, it started to land instead. It was still quite a bit away from me, but i recognized the area it was in and was luckily able to land safetly in a field near my house. Afterwards, i checked my warning logs in the DJIgo4 app, and one stated that "Go Home" shifted to "landing", and go i'm guessing that's why the drone started to land right at it's location. Does anyone have any idea what would cause this? and what i can do to look for it next time it happends? I flew it today, and every single time it returned home, no problem. This is the first time this issue came up, and like i said, luckily i could tell where it was on the camera, and land it safetly in a field. Any help appreciated. Thanks!~
2020-7-28
Use props
dji_MODDER
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

Your Mavic has critical battery and start to land, or your mavic was within 5 mtr of you, page 14 of the manual

2020-7-29
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Does anyone have any idea what would cause this?
Instead of inviting people to make guesses (most of which will be wrong), how about posting your recorded flight data which will probably point to the cause of the incident.

You'll find instructions at:   http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
Upload your flight record (it's on your phone or tablet).
Post a link to the report it shows you.
2020-7-29
Use props
JTSmith1978
lvl.1
United States

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/N3QGMMBKW8GI7IZY4C7K/
Here is the flight log. It looks like it started to head home, got a critically low battery warning and then started to land. I do show an error message though concerning the compass, not sure what that's all about. I definitely wasn't close to the home point, so i'm guessing this was my error in why it didn't make it back home.
2020-7-29
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. When the battery level is critically low the drone will automatically initiate landing to safely descend down with the remaining power. For more information regarding the Low Battery RTH please check the posted image below. Thank you.

2020-7-29
Use props
JTSmith1978
lvl.1
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-29 22:03
Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. When the battery level is critically low the drone will automatically initiate landing to safely descend down with the remaining power. For more information regarding the Low Battery RTH please check the posted image below. Thank you.

[view_image]

I appreciate your explanation and chart diagram. I’ll have to pay more attention and be more carful with th RTH. This is the only instance this happened, but luckily I was able to bring the drone in for a safe landing with no injuries
2020-7-29
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

JTSmith1978 Posted at 7-29 22:16
I appreciate your explanation and chart diagram. I’ll have to pay more attention and be more carful with th RTH. This is the only instance this happened, but luckily I was able to bring the drone in for a safe landing with no injuries

You are more than welcome. If you have further concern or inquiry with DJI, please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum, we are happy to help. Thank you for your valued support and safe flying.
2020-7-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules