Mailed dji_NL about it
Waiting for an answer

But like to know if more people have seen this before
20200729_105917.jpg
2020-7-29
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi willempost, I am sorry for the issue. As you had sent the drone to our service center, the local teams will help when they receive your drone. If any assistance is needed during the service, please feel free to let me know and send me the case number, I'm here to help.
2020-7-29
Use props
Yoh
lvl.1

France

I am having a very similar issue with my MA2

Did DJI fix it ?

2020-8-7
Use props
willempost
lvl.2
Flight distance : 149925 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Yoh Posted at 8-7 07:33
I am having a very similar issue with my MA2

[view_image]

It is at the moment in repair
Didn't hear what they think about it
Will let you know when I know more

Your cracks are exactly the same
2020-8-7
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

willempost Posted at 8-7 09:12
It is at the moment in repair
Didn't hear what they think about it
Will let you know when I know more

Hi, Willem. I pulled up your case using your DJI Forum account. Upon checking, your Mavic Air 2 has just been received. You will surely be notified via email with its progress. You may also view the progress here

Hope this helps. Thank you in advance for your patience.
2020-8-7
Use props
willempost
lvl.2
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thanks Diana
I have patience no problem
I have still the mavic air 1 to make some clips
I really hope it is not a mavic air 2 design problem
But if I see the cracks I the other air 2 I am afraid there will be more coming

I will let you know here the outcome of this case
2020-8-7
Use props
willempost
lvl.2
  • >>>
Netherlands

Today DJI
Told me it is physical damage and it is no warranty
So I have to pay to make it look nice again
Not happy
2020-8-10
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

willempost Posted at 8-10 09:09
Today DJI
Told me it is physical damage and it is no warranty
So I have to pay to make it look nice again

Sorry to hear that, per the damage assessment team, not only the shell has cracks, the gimbal arm module, the front right arm, the lower shell are also scratched, please check the damage assessment pictures here https://repair.dji.com/en/suppor ... =brandsite&from=nav by inputting the case number, the warranty service cannot be provided in this situation, appreciate your understanding.
2020-8-11
Use props
willempost
lvl.2
  • >>>
Netherlands

The scratch on the arm and gimbal came from the last flight with a little rough landing
The cracks in the upper shell are a few weeks old
And has nothing to do with this rough landing
But I understand I can not prove this
I will let it repair it but will come back on this if I see more people coming with the same cracks
2020-8-11
Use props
julienlife
lvl.2
Flight distance : 149088 ft
Germany

I am experiencing the same behavior in my drone, only a few weeks after flying. I did not crash the drone nor had a rough landing. The total number of flights is only about 10 and I can already see severe damage on the outer case without there being any obvious source. Therefore I reckon that the used materials are all made out of very bad and insufficient quality. I now feel very unsafe flying with the cracks situated right above the hinges. As you can see my drone is in mint condition and still has these cracks in the outer shell. After such a short period of using it there is no way that this is not a production issue! DJI has to fix it !!
2020-9-7
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

julienlife Posted at 9-7 03:09
I am experiencing the same behavior in my drone, only a few weeks after flying. I did not crash the drone nor had a rough landing. The total number of flights is only about 10 and I can already see severe damage on the outer case without there being any obvious source. Therefore I reckon that the used materials are all made out of very bad and insufficient quality. I now feel very unsafe flying with the cracks situated right above the hinges. As you can see my drone is in mint condition and still has these cracks in the outer shell. After such a short period of using it there is no way that this is not a production issue! DJI has to fix it !!
[view_image][view_image][view_image][view_image]

Hi julienlife, we sincerely sorry for that case happened. Kindly please contact our support team via http://www.dji.com/support to open a case and send it in for a diagnosis, we'll do our best to help this out. After sending out the package, please let me know your case number, I'd like to help you keep an eye on it.
2020-9-7
Use props
Willy WVW
New

Romania

I have the same crack on my drone.
2020-10-19
Use props
Willy WVW
New

Romania

I have the same crack on my drone.

2020-10-19
Use props
djiuser_JdigVjsa0QXB
lvl.1

United States

willempost Posted at 8-11 06:00
The scratch on the arm and gimbal came from the last flight with a little rough landing
The cracks in the upper shell are a few weeks old
And has nothing to do with this rough landing
Well it looks like you're not alone, other people are having this exact same issue with their Mavic air 2 Including myself. My drone has never crashed, it is never had a rough landing, it has never hit anything, it has never had any undue stress on the legs, I don’t let them slam open, and I don’t let them slam closed, I guide them and open them gently. And mine has a stress fracture on the upper left joint. I sent it in to DJI repair today. At some point the company is going to have to acknowledge that this is a design flaw. And they’re going to have to issue a recall and replace the shells with a more structurally sound plastic.
2A501B77-5778-4FBE-A4BE-E844BBDEBCC4.jpeg
2020-10-19
Use props
willempost
lvl.2
  • >>>
Netherlands

Yes you are absolute right
But I was in a hurry and the email traffic with DJI was going with the slow boat so I just paid did not have time for discussion
They sended me a new one and it was on time for my holiday

If the cracks come again I will never pay again
And claim the other also back
I am curious if you have to pay too
Please let us know the status of this one
2020-10-19
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Willy WVW Posted at 10-19 09:43
I have the same crack on my drone.

Hi Willy, we sincerely sorry for that case happened. Kindly please contact our support team via http://www.dji.com/support to open a case and send it in for a diagnosis, we'll do our best to help this out. After sending out the package, please let me know your case number, I'd like to help you keep an eye on it.
2020-10-20
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_JdigVjsa0QXB Posted at 10-19 18:50
Well it looks like you're not alone, other people are having this exact same issue with their Mavic air 2 Including myself. My drone has never crashed, it is never had a rough landing, it has never hit anything, it has never had any undue stress on the legs, I don’t let them slam open, and I don’t let them slam closed, I guide them and open them gently. And mine has a stress fracture on the upper left joint. I sent it in to DJI repair today. At some point the company is going to have to acknowledge that this is a design flaw. And they’re going to have to issue a recall and replace the shells with a more structurally sound plastic.

Hi there, sorry for that case happened. I've managed to get your case number via your forum account, after receiving the package, our team will take care of your case and follow up on it. If there is anything further assistance needed, please feel free to let me know.
2020-10-20
Use props
djiuser_JdigVjsa0QXB
lvl.1

United States

willempost Posted at 10-19 23:05
But I was in a hurry and the email traffic with DJI was going with the slow boat so I just paid did not have time for discussion

Seeing as how this is starting to become an issue for many DJI drone pilots flying the Mavic Air 2. I don’t see how they can charge someone for a design flaw. Especially when they can check my flight records and see that it’s never crashed once, or that it’s ever bumped in to anything. They’re going to have to except responsibility for this at some point. And that’s fine stuff happens, It doesn’t make them a bad company, it just means They need to make this right by the customer. They will probably at some point introduce reinforced shells.
2020-10-20
Use props
djiuser_JdigVjsa0QXB
lvl.1

United States

willempost Posted at 10-19 23:05
DJI is reviewing my repair right now. I’ll update when I know more.
2020-10-23
Use props
willempost
lvl.2
  • >>>
Netherlands

So they repair it for free?

2020-10-23
Use props
djiuser_JdigVjsa0QXB
lvl.1

United States

willempost Posted at 10-23 23:03
So they repair it for free?

Yes, my drone was repaired under warranty. They either fixed my unit or sent me a brand new one. But I received it today in a new Mavic air box.
2020-11-2
Use props
willempost
lvl.2
  • >>>
Netherlands

They send a new one I think
Thats cheaper for them
2020-11-2
Use props
djiuser_DJc8nwlBtAlz
New
United States

My MA2 is cracking the same way in the same spots.
2020-11-19
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_DJc8nwlBtAlz Posted at 11-19 19:10
My MA2 is cracking the same way in the same spots.

Hi there, could you please PM me the serial number of your drone and provide us with some photos? I'd like to help you check it. Thanks.
2020-11-20
Use props
dimis_83
lvl.1

Greece

I just found the same cracks on my Mavic Air 2, the right side you can see the crack only with flashlight and at left it cracked open...
2020-11-29
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

dimis_83 Posted at 11-29 02:22
I just found the same cracks on my Mavic Air 2, the right side you can see the crack only with flashlight and at left it cracked open...

Hi there, could you please PM me the serial number of your drone and provide us with some photos? I'd like to help you check it. Thanks.
2020-11-29
Use props
dimis_83
lvl.1

Greece

DJI Natalia Posted at 11-29 19:19

Thank you very much. But i wonder why this happens to a new drone and if it's dangerous for flying
2020-11-30
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

dimis_83 Posted at 11-30 11:09
Thank you very much. But i wonder why this happens to a new drone and if it's dangerous for flying [view_image][view_image]

Sorry for that case happened. Please contact our support team via http://www.dji.com/support to open a case and send it in for a diagnosis, we'll do our best to help this out.
2020-12-1
Use props
djiuser_qZrC32XacEjA
New

United Kingdom

I also have the same cracks and my drone has always veen stored away very carefully. I have barely flown it....do you think dji will sort this?
2020-12-6
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_qZrC32XacEjA Posted at 12-6 06:29
I also have the same cracks and my drone has always veen stored away very carefully. I have barely flown it....do you think dji will sort this?

Hi there, I'm sorry to hear that, could you provide us with some pictures? I'd like to help you check it. Thanks.
2020-12-6
Use props
dimis_83
lvl.1

Greece

djiuser_qZrC32XacEjA Posted at 12-6 06:29

Hi, please post photos from your drone and keep us informed on how this issue will be resolved. Thank you
2020-12-8
Use props
fans8d234000
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1037024 ft
Australia

My first Air 2 dropped into the ocean. DJI analysed flight data and acknowledged that it was a warranty issue, replaced it. (Not opened or used yet)

While I was waiting for the replacement I got a 2nd unit.
After minimal use, and no impact, it now has cracks as seen in the image.

Have today put a repair request in. Very disappointed.
I’m considering a formal complaint to consumer affairs. It seems these units are not built for purpose.

2021-1-3
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fans8d234000 Posted at 1-3 19:50
My first Air 2 dropped into the ocean. DJI analysed flight data and acknowledged that it was a warranty issue, replaced it. (Not opened or used yet)

While I was waiting for the replacement I got a 2nd unit.

We are deeply sorry for the inconvenience caused, I've managed to get your case number via your forum account, our team will take care of your case after receiving your package. Thanks.
2021-1-3
Use props
fans8d234000
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Natalia Posted at 1-3 23:09
We are deeply sorry for the inconvenience caused, I've managed to get your case number via your forum account, our team will take care of your case after receiving your package. Thanks.

I received the return details via email today. Didn’t receive the email containing the postage return label.
I’ve had to pay out $19 to send the unit back.

I have one week of holidays left. Please send replacement ASAP.
2021-1-6
Use props
ptecibhotmail.com
lvl.3
Flight distance : 921824 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I noticed this hairline crack on my Mavic Air 2 tonight. Never been crashed or abused. I also have a Mavic Air and Mini 2 with no issues at all. I bought the Air 2 back in August, 2020 from Amazon. Contacted DJI about the issue, but haven't heard back from them yet. Any idea of how much DJI will charge me to have this fixed?  I don't have DJI Care Refresh. I hope it's not to expensive.
2021-1-8
Use props
willempost
lvl.2
  • >>>
Netherlands

No its mot expensive and they send you a new drone
But I think DJI has to step up and solve this issue
And pay back the people which where having the same problem and which have been charged
2021-1-8
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fans8d234000 Posted at 1-6 02:13
I received the return details via email today. Didn’t receive the email containing the postage return label.
I’ve had to pay out $19 to send the unit back.

I am sorry for the late reply, I will ask the team to proceed your case as soon as possible.
2021-1-9
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

ptecibhotmail.com Posted at 1-8 17:36
[view_image]

I noticed this hairline crack on my Mavic Air 2 tonight. Never been crashed or abused. I also have a Mavic Air and Mini 2 with no issues at all. I bought the Air 2 back in August, 2020 from Amazon. Contacted DJI about the issue, but haven't heard back from them yet. Any idea of how much DJI will charge me to have this fixed?  I don't have DJI Care Refresh. I hope it's not to expensive.

Sorry to read about your case. Please send the unit back for an overall diagnosis, the repair center will check the drone and see if it is covered under warranty or not.
As you had contacted our support, they will reply to your email soon.
2021-1-9
Use props
fans8d234000
lvl.1
Australia

ptecibhotmail.com Posted at 1-8 17:36
[view_image]

I noticed this hairline crack on my Mavic Air 2 tonight. Never been crashed or abused. I also have a Mavic Air and Mini 2 with no issues at all. I bought the Air 2 back in August, 2020 from Amazon. Contacted DJI about the issue, but haven't heard back from them yet. Any idea of how much DJI will charge me to have this fixed?  I don't have DJI Care Refresh. I hope it's not to expensive.

Just had the same issue.
I’m in Melb. Australia, they fixed within a week under warranty. Really pleased with the service
2021-1-15
Use props
fans8d234000
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Natalia Posted at 1-9 02:51
I am sorry for the late reply, I will ask the team to proceed your case as soon as possible.

Thanks so much.
I’m in Melb. Australia, they fixed within a week under warranty. Really pleased with the service
2021-1-15
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules