123Next >
11753 82 2020-7-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fans8d234000 Posted at 1-15 19:44
Thanks so much.
I’m in Melb. Australia, they fixed within a week under warranty. Really pleased with the service

You're welcome. Glad to know that everything went smoothly. Hope you have a nice day.
2021-1-16
Use props
djiuser_cS2dtka1S94b
lvl.2

United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2020-7-29 02:20
Hi willempost, I am sorry for the issue. As you had sent the drone to our service center, the local teams will help when they receive your drone. If any assistance is needed during the service, please feel free to let me know and send me the case number, I'm here to help.

I have the same issue trying to contact support but kick me out of the page , any help please?
2021-1-20
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_cS2dtka1S94b Posted at 1-20 19:37
I have the same issue trying to contact support but kick me out of the page , any help please?

Hi there, sorry for the inconvenience caused. Please provide a picture to show the details of the problem, at the same time, please PM me the serial number of your drone. Thanks.
2021-1-20
Use props
Jonathan Guiral
New
Flight distance : 2627037 ft
Colombia

Con 5 meses de uso me parece que esto se puede convertir en un gran problema con el tiempo, merecemos una respuesta
2021-1-22
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Jonathan Guiral Posted at 1-22 02:42
Con 5 meses de uso me parece que esto se puede convertir en un gran problema con el tiempo, merecemos una respuesta

Hi Jonathan, may I know the specific issue that you encountered?
2021-1-25
Use props
djiuser_mIyihvCWxyHE
lvl.2
Flight distance : 120413 ft
Poland

I have exactly the same problem. Yesterday I sent the drone to the service
2021-2-1
Use props
Malakai_UK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 536115 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have had less than a handful of flights with my air 2 and I've just spotted these hairline cracks the same as everyone else.

edit: Mine was one of the launch pre-orders if that makes any difference, probably one of the first batches knowing my luck.

2021-2-2
Use props
willempost
lvl.2
Flight distance : 149925 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Yes I had also one of the first
The second one did not show any cracks until now
2021-2-2
Use props
ptecibhotmail.com
lvl.3
Flight distance : 921824 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Sent to DJI for repair. They're fixing free of charge. Is this issue a design flaw? Can it happen again after fixed by DJI?
20210108_205700.jpg
2021-2-9
Use props
djiuser_IVkWNfkzzlBG
New

United States

Same thing happened with my dji Mavic Air 2. There are cracks in my shell. I need a replacement
2021-3-8
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_IVkWNfkzzlBG Posted at 3-8 20:00
Same thing happened with my dji Mavic Air 2. There are cracks in my shell. I need a replacement

Hi there, sorry for the inconvenience caused. Please provide a picture to show the details of the problem, at the same time, please PM me the serial number of your drone. Thanks.
2021-3-9
Use props
djiuser_lzSkvWj170PZ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 215669 ft
United States

Mine is really jacked up there dropped it once, from my BED which is 3 feet of the ground!? And that cracked that side a knoced a small piece out. Again dropped it ONCE, I feel like from 1300$ i deserve it to be a bit more durable. Its on that same side to. Im in the process of painting it but will get picks up very soon
2021-3-23
Use props
borodator
New
Flight distance : 521358 ft
Ukraine

Same here. Never had any crash or hard landing, always carry in Fly More Combo bag and got 2 cracks on both sides. Will contact local dealer today...

2021-4-2
Use props
djiuser_358nfsM4Y55w
New
Australia

I've just noticed the same crack on my drone. Does the refresh warranty cover it ? Front left shoulder
2021-4-9
Use props
ptecibhotmail.com
lvl.3
  • >>>
Canada

I had the same cracks on my Mavic Air 2. Sent it in to be repaired. It was repaired, and a month later, it was cracked again. I've never crashed my Air 2 or abused it.
2021-5-25
Use props
ptecibhotmail.com
lvl.3
  • >>>
Canada

I had the same cracks on my Mavic Air 2. Sent it in to be repaired. It was repaired, and a month later, it was cracked again. I've never crashed my Air 2 or abused it.
20210108_205700.jpg
2021-5-25
Use props
ptecibhotmail.com
lvl.3
  • >>>
Canada

ptecibhotmail.com Posted at 2-9 10:13
Sent to DJI for repair. They're fixing free of charge. Is this issue a design flaw? Can it happen again after fixed by DJI?[Image]

I think it's a design flaw. I've had my Air 2 repaired by DJI, and the repaired drone is cracking in the same spot.
2021-5-25
Use props
ptecibhotmail.com
lvl.3
  • >>>
Canada

Six months later after my Mavic Air 2 was replaced by DJI free of charge for a stress crack near the left front landing leg, I have the same problem, in the same area, with the replaced drone. Never crashed my drone, always extended the props before take off, and always held the drone in my hand when powering on and off. I sent my replaced Mavic Air 2 back today to DJI to be fixed again! Anyone else experiencing problems with stress cracks on the Mavic Air 2???? Is the plastic on this drone good quality?
2021-6-1
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

Mine's in for repair...crack in shell near left, front arm joint.  
2021-6-2
Use props
PAYBACK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 683885 ft
South Africa

Not a new issue. Same happened with original Mavic. Poor flow on injection molding and poor quality plastics.
2021-6-4
Use props
Aloshka
lvl.1
United States

I've had my Mavic Air 2 for a few months and I literally flow it less than 10 times. Today before flying I noticed something strange with the arm. Arm hinges were broken and shell was cracked. I never crashed or rough landed. In fact, there isn't one scratch on my drone and you won't distinguish it from brand new. Very very disappointed. This is a design flow. I bought my drone from a thirdparty authorized seller and it has one year warranty. I don't know were to begin
Here's a pic, notice how the screwed plate just popped up and through the crack I can see cracked and broken plastic around the hidden screws inside.
2021-6-21
Use props
fansf72da4e5
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6734816 ft
United States

djiuser_JdigVjsa0QXB Posted at 2020-10-19 18:50
Well it looks like you're not alone, other people are having this exact same issue with their Mavic air 2 Including myself. My drone has never crashed, it is never had a rough landing, it has never hit anything, it has never had any undue stress on the legs, I don’t let them slam open, and I don’t let them slam closed, I guide them and open them gently. And mine has a stress fracture on the upper left joint. I sent it in to DJI repair today. At some point the company is going to have to acknowledge that this is a design flaw. And they’re going to have to issue a recall and replace the shells with a more structurally sound plastic.[Image]

I have the same issue after only 2 short flights in 1 day as probably the entire run or lot of these models.  We could probably compare serial nimbers and see how many or which lot are affected.  But we won’t online since these numbers are important.  
Don’t know if these are the US or Euro or Asia models affected or all of them.  (Different units used worldwide due to radio frequencies, plugs, software etc.)
DJI knows the number of units affected.  Not sure how they can offer to fix probably a few hundred thousand units.  
2021-7-6
Use props
djiuser_LjqnniCCD73M
lvl.1

United States

I have the same exact cracks on my Mavic air 2!!! So does my neighbor on his MavAir2!!  I do have DJI care is this going to be fix under that or am I going to send it in a be disappointed?!
A8047AE1-2FF7-499E-B94D-4BE63409E9F4.jpeg
A311DB1B-4EA2-41FF-AD71-BAF7FC621EA6.jpeg
2021-9-26
Use props
ross_impress
lvl.1
Flight distance : 567959 ft
Belgium

Same issue, at the beginning small hair cracks now it’s coming bigger. What does dji say after thousand and thousand same issues? Is this garanty? Never got a crash or hard landing, battery in/ out softly in my hand, always open props before take off…….
DBB28B2F-0267-4719-A389-81E7D19C4847.jpeg
DF164BBD-E732-4FAF-BA82-9D0FF43058C3.jpeg
2021-11-1
Use props
DaMa
First Officer
Flight distance : 889662 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Thousands of thousands ... ??
Maybe by folding the front arms downwards?
2021-11-1
Use props
Downtown391
New

Australia

I have the same issue as well. I have not had any rough landings and I take good care of my drone. Reading through this thread seems as though this is an extremely common issue on the product? Bit disappointing really. I hope everyone else had their issues resolved well. I will be making contact with DJI for repairs.
2022-1-2
Use props
baslanides
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1049754 ft
United States

I am having the same stress cracks at the arm base. No crashes, well kept. Awaiting some contact I sent in today.
2022-2-9
Use props
djiuser_MmmtHkFaa90r
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3395469 ft
United States

julienlife Posted at 2020-9-7 03:09
I am experiencing the same behavior in my drone, only a few weeks after flying. I did not crash the drone nor had a rough landing. The total number of flights is only about 10 and I can already see severe damage on the outer case without there being any obvious source. Therefore I reckon that the used materials are all made out of very bad and insufficient quality. I now feel very unsafe flying with the cracks situated right above the hinges. As you can see my drone is in mint condition and still has these cracks in the outer shell. After such a short period of using it there is no way that this is not a production issue! DJI has to fix it !!
[view_image][view_image][view_image][view_image]

My air2 has no cracks,there is no build quality issue.But when I open and close the legs I do it
gently and do not snap them.The materials used in the air 2 are really good.
2022-2-10
Use props
djiuser_hk5uCQEjbats
lvl.2
Flight distance : 104911 ft
United States

I hadn't looked close enough at my drone until I saw this post and found the same issue.  I'm just under 1 year

2022-2-10
Use props
djiuser_MmmtHkFaa90r
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3395469 ft
United States

djiuser_JdigVjsa0QXB Posted at 2020-10-19 18:50
Well it looks like you're not alone, other people are having this exact same issue with their Mavic air 2 Including myself. My drone has never crashed, it is never had a rough landing, it has never hit anything, it has never had any undue stress on the legs, I don’t let them slam open, and I don’t let them slam closed, I guide them and open them gently. And mine has a stress fracture on the upper left joint. I sent it in to DJI repair today. At some point the company is going to have to acknowledge that this is a design flaw. And they’re going to have to issue a recall and replace the shells with a more structurally sound plastic.

Then why is my air 2 in perfect shape after over a year
2022-2-10
Use props
JEFF_RUSSELL
lvl.1

United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2020-7-29 02:20
Hi willempost, I am sorry for the issue. As you had sent the drone to our service center, the local teams will help when they receive your drone. If any assistance is needed during the service, please feel free to let me know and send me the case number, I'm here to help.

I just noticed I have the same cracks.    This is obviously a design problem.   I barely ever fly my drone at all.   
2022-2-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

JEFF_RUSSELL Posted at 2-21 04:06
I just noticed I have the same cracks.    This is obviously a design problem.   I barely ever fly my drone at all.   [view_image]

I am sorry to read about this issue, just to verify, may I know if the drone experienced any impact damages?
Please send the drone back for further service.
Please fill out the online repair request on our official web and send it back. Here is the link: https://www.dji.com/us/service/repair
We will do our best to help this out.
2022-2-22
Use props
JEFF_RUSSELL
lvl.1

United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2-22 05:52
I am sorry to read about this issue, just to verify, may I know if the drone experienced any impact damages?
Please fill out the online repair request on our official web and send it back. Here is the link: https://www.dji.com/us/service/repair

No, I have never crashed or anything like that.  I barely fly it.  Maybe a few minutes once a month.   
2022-2-27
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

JEFF_RUSSELL Posted at 2-27 07:01
No, I have never crashed or anything like that.  I barely fly it.  Maybe a few minutes once a month.

Sorry for this, please send the drone back to our repair center for service.
2022-2-28
Use props
imniclas
lvl.1
Indonesia

Hi!

We also encoutntered this issue with our Mavic Air 2. This is our 3rd Mavic drone and never experienced something like this before.

We bought this directly from you I think late 2020. Will this still be under guarantee? There is none scratches on other parts what so ever and cracks on both side just occured during a 15 mins flight under normal conditions. For us it's pretty obvious this is some production issue.

How can we proceed?

Thanks
2022-3-2
Use props
JEFF_RUSSELL
lvl.1

United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2-22 05:52
Please fill out the online repair request on our official web and send it back. Here is the link: https://www.dji.com/us/service/repair

I have never had any impacts or crashes.  I will follow that link.  Thank you.
2022-4-12
Use props
blue_canyon21
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23325935 ft
United States

JEFF_RUSSELL Posted at 2-21 04:06
I just noticed I have the same cracks.    This is obviously a design problem.   I barely ever fly my drone at all.   [view_image]

How have you not noticed that until now?

That's not a crack... that's a full on hole!
2022-4-12
Use props
Szymciak
lvl.1
Flight distance : 504016 ft
Poland

I just ordered a Mavic Air 2 FMC and now I'm really worried... This seems like a really widespread issue, has there been an official announcement from DJI or something along these lines?
2022-4-13
Use props
TummyBoy
New
Flight distance : 852192 ft

Malaysia

I'm from Malaysia and I am having the same issue. with my Mavic Air 2. Both the hairline cracks appear at the top housing near both the front arms. I only got mine for one and a half year and I never crash or mishandle it. It seems to be a common problem with Air 2. Hope I can get free repair for it as mine is out of warranty.
2022-9-15
Use props
TummyBoy
New
Flight distance : 852192 ft

Malaysia

Sorry for double post
2022-9-15
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now