Transfer edits from DJI GO APP to PREMIERE / DAVINCI / FINAL CUT
2665 3 2020-7-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KnowlesJB
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Editing in the DJI App has been a helpful way to review, cut and sequence clips on the go. However, when I get back to the computer to work on the footage in Premiere, it is painful to recreate the sequence I built on the go in the DJI App because I must repeat the process. Granted, I have a slight better idea of what I want and the order, I commit a massive amount of rework in going through every clip to review, cut and sequence a second time.

Does anyone know if it is possible to 'convert' a DJI App edit into Premiere (or your preferred editing software)? Or any workflows or alternatives you've found helpful to reduce this rework? Is DJI working on a solution to this massive pain and barrier to me using their app for editing more frequently?

Thanks for the help.

2020-7-29
Use props
Flybee
First Officer
Flight distance : 2203983 ft
Sweden

why would you use this "smaller" format and not use the media from the SD card`?
I'm sorry but I don't have any working solution for you.
2020-8-24
Use props
KnowlesJB
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Flybee Posted at 8-24 07:06
why would you use this "smaller" format and not use the media from the SD card`?
I'm sorry but I don't have any working solution for you.

Hey Flybee,

The issue I face is that I've made edits / a sequence with the smaller format in the DJI Go App on the go - so I've sifted through the footage and have an idea of what I want the final video to be - and I'm trying not to repeat that entire edit process with the raw high quality media stored on the sd once I get into Premier (or other editing software). I'm looking for a way to transfer that sequence / the cuts I've already made going through the media on my phone into a pro software with the high quality media.

Adobe has a feature where if you've made a sequence on the go in Premier Rush you can import it into Premiere Pro and it will reserve your edits - cuts, speedwarp, etc. - and then you can carry on with more editing in Premiere. Something similar to this where you can edit in the app on the go then, when you get back to the computer and the full res footage, pick up where you left off editing instead of having to find the media, cut and sequence it again.

If it can't be done, editing in the Go app becomes nearly pointless for me - why waste the time if I'm just going to have to do the same thing in pro software with high res. The Go app would be super helpful if I could edit 'on the go' then transfer that work already done into a pro software w/ the high res files.
2020-8-24
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 14103563 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

KnowlesJB Posted at 8-24 08:04
Hey Flybee,

The issue I face is that I've made edits / a sequence with the smaller format in the DJI Go App on the go - so I've sifted through the footage and have an idea of what I want the final video to be - and I'm trying not to repeat that entire edit process with the raw high quality media stored on the sd once I get into Premier (or other editing software). I'm looking for a way to transfer that sequence / the cuts I've already made going through the media on my phone into a pro software with the high quality media.

I don't believe you can - the footage saved to the phone (in app editor) is from the transmission feed typically in 1080p whilst the footage stored on the SD card is directly from the camera in line with the camera profile set before recording i.e. 4K
2020-11-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules